• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BW: Good Partners

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Hey, out of curiosity (and because I find the concept to be really interesting), what exactly is the main plot of this manga? Is it like the usual Journeyfic where it's just two characters making their way through gyms and travelling the region? Or is there a bigger overlying plot?

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Treasure Hunters, hmm...

This manga seems to avoid Team Plasma.

It has to be the loosest game adaptation ever. That's why I like it.

I hope they tankobon it soon. Its potential can't get wasted.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Treasure Hunters, hmm...

This manga seems to avoid Team Plasma.

It has to be the loosest game adaptation ever. That's why I like it.

I hope they tankobon it soon. Its potential can't get wasted.

This this very much. Just looking at the scans are so good; imagine if we had an actual coherent storyline and more pictures that went along with it! it would do so well.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
So apparently the magazine that Good Partners is being printed in (Grade Four or something) is being discontinued. Any idea what's going to happen to GP?

Maxim

Beyond repair
Grade Three.

Grade Four is where PokeSpe runs.

God, again? They've already discontinued Grade 5 & 6 long ago. Seems like Shogakukan has some financial problems...

I hope that GP won't die because of that. I want to see a tankobon of it.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
God, again? They've already discontinued Grade 5 & 6 long ago. Seems like Shogakukan has some financial problems...
You could say that...

According to Dogasu's Backpack(emphasis mine):
Finally, in manga news, it looks like Shougaku Yon-Nensei, one of the three magazines that's serializing Pocket Monsters Special, will be ceasing publication early next year. According to MSN News, the March 2012 issues of both San-Nensei ("Grade Three") and Yon-Nensei ("Grade Four"), which will go on sale in early February, will be the final issues of both those publications. The article explains that at their peak in the early 70s, the April 1973 issue of Grade Three sold 1,000,000 copies while that same month's issue of Grade Four sold 820,000 copies. This year? Grade Three only manages to sell between 40,000 and 50,000 copies a month while Grade Four sells between 30,000 and 40,000 copies. Now Shougakukan's PR department has come out and said that the reason for the cancellations is because they don't think an all-in-one magazine like the ones they're putting out is compatible with the needs of young kids today, but I'm thinking the dropping sales are the deciding factor here. I'm sure it doesn't help that issues of Shougaku Yon-Nensei are around 700 yen (US $9.00) per issue.

At any rate, I hope that Good Partners finds a new magazine too. And hopefully new Pokemon manga stay away from Shogakukan in the future, since it certainly seems to be floundering.

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, both magazines got discontinued. God... I hope that Good Partners doesn't die because of that.

As for PokeSpe - who bets that it'll be moved to monthly CoroCoro?

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???
Haha, Takuro's blushing. I smell shipping!

Also, are they planning to release this in tankobon format? I would love to read this.

Victory

Banned
I love how different this Manga is. The main characters are new and I just love it!

Darkxninga

I love how different this Manga is. The main characters are new and I just love it!

I agree. The new pictures are so cute. It's so sad this manga is so mysterious...It's very interesting. I'd definitely buy it if it ever gets in book form translated (in english).

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Because of Sho3's cancellation, this manga's fate is now on the edge.

It can either be given a rushed ending in the last Sho3 issue (and then, get released in a one-shot tankobon) or just die in the oblivion (hopefully not). Sure, there's also a chance that it might get moved to another magazine, but I wouldn't count on that.

However will it end up in Japan, don't even dream of it being translated by Viz.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???

It can either be given a rushed ending in the last Sho3 issue (and then, get released in a one-shot tankobon) or just die in the oblivion (hopefully not). Sure, there's also a chance that it might get moved to another magazine, but I wouldn't count on that.

However will it end up in Japan, don't even dream of it being translated by Viz.

Awww...
Viz may not translate this, but I hope Chuang Yi will (and Reburst too, for that matter).

Darkxninga

I wasn't thinking about Vizkids, I had CY in mind.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I wasn't thinking about Vizkids, I had CY in mind.

Even less likely.

They haven't released a new Pokemon title since... God knows when. Now they're just releasing Adventures.

They don't even release Anakubo's Pocket Monsters anymore since DP.