• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BW: Good Partners

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, yeah, there is a new manga running in Shogaku 3 (one of Netkun magazines, not the same one that runs PokeSpe, though).

It's titled "Pokemon BW: Good Partners" (ポケットモンスターB・W グッドパートナーズ), its script is made by Kyouichi Shichigatsu (七月鏡一) and it's illustrated by Chiyo Kenmotsu (険持ちよ).

The manga is set in Unova and obviously based on BW (character mention Prof. Juniper) but there is one very interesting thing about it - it has original main characters (a boy named Takuro and the girl - Mashiro). Seems very original to me.

Here are two pictures from this manga:
http://twitpic.com/45ie30
http://twitpic.com/45icvf

No one even noticed that manga, probably because it got outshaded by Reburst. But, to be honest, it looks better than Reburst to me. I'm definitely more interested in this one.

So, how do you judge its chances for getting tankobonned? (In the past, when Sho 5 and 6 existed, mangas from Sho3 and lower usually died very early. But it may not be the case anymore).

Also, more details would be appreciated. We know almost nothing about it.

Last edited:
Ah.
This manga looks cute :3 I want to know more about it too.

(and I think it looks a little better than ReBurst too. .__. )

SmartD

The artwork looks adorable. I wonder where can I find more info about this manga.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
It's interesting this manga is like Special in the fact that the writer and the illustrator are different people. But wow, I still can't get over how much this manga looks like a fan dōjinshi. O_O It's really surprising! I think I like this manga though. The art style isn't bad and it sounds interesting so far. I definitely plan to keep tabs on it. :3

The manga is set in Unova and obviously based on BW (character mention Prof. Juniper) but there is one very interesting thing about it - it has original main characters (a boy named Takuro and the girl - Mashiro). Seems very original to me.
I'm glad the manga is still set in Unova and based on BW. (yay Professor Juniper mention!) As much as I like originality I like at least the settings to be familiar to me. I love that it has original main characters though! I wasn't expecting that but I'm glad it does, and I actually like them (at least look and name-wise) as far as I can tell. I hope their personalities are just as likable.

No one even noticed that manga, probably because it got outshaded by Reburst. But, to be honest, it looks better than Reburst to me. I'm definitely more interested in this one.
It's sad no one has really noticed it, but hopefully this thread will help it to get some more recognition. And I completely and utterly agree with your statement about Reburst. It seems a lot better and more interesting than that manga, at least to me. To be honest I've never been that interested in Reburst to begin with, and that lack of interest grew tenfold as soon as I realized the guy could combine with his Pokemon. -_-'

So, how do you judge its chances for getting tankobonned? (In the past, when Sho 5 and 6 existed, mangas from Sho3 and lower usually died very early. But it may not be the case anymore).
I have no idea. I would say based on how a lot of Pokemon mangas end up becoming one-shots/non-tankobonned, or only end up lasting for just a few chapters, that it's unlikely; but like you said maybe it won't be the case for this one. For a while now a lot of Pokemon mangas I've been interested in end up lasting for a few chapters and ending suddenly or just become non-tankobonned one shots, so I'm hoping that won't be the case with this one. *fingers crossed*

Ah.
This manga looks cute :3

(and I think it looks a little better than ReBurst too. .__. )
I agree. :3 It looks very cute. ^^

(I do three. ReBurst is just.... .____.)

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I saw those pics before I thought it was a doujin. But it looks cute I would like to read it too.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
This still feels very shoujo to me. It seems like the boy is a beginner trainer as he doesn't seem to know much about catching pokemon or traveling. The girl seems a bit more experienced in it, so I'm guessing she'll be the "brains" for the group. Maybe they'll going to Araragi for their first pokemon.

I agree. :3 It looks very cute. ^^

(I do three. ReBurst is just.... .____.)

It is cute, but I think ReBurst is bit more unique in its character designs. I like ReBurst's more since it has the right shounen art style rather than the plain one. It's fun to look at. xD It just sucks that the characters' personalities aren't unique.

thomaskarma

As I said in the other topic, I like this art more than the reburst one. Really nice to find out that it's actually a different manga.

I really don't have anything against shoujos, and it would be funny to see pokemon through this different point of view. :b

Maxim

Beyond repair
This still feels very shoujo to me. It seems like the boy is a beginner trainer as he doesn't seem to know much about catching pokemon or traveling. The girl seems a bit more experienced in it, so I'm guessing she'll be the "brains" for the group. Maybe they'll going to Araragi for their first pokemon.

But it has a fair chance of NOT being overly cutesy like Tsukirino's series so I'm giving it a chance.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Well, I wasn't thinking cutesy as much as fluffy, but I still see your point. I'm willing to give it a chance, if just to see what's the whole thing is about. If only this magazine wasn't so hard to get to a copy of without a subscription...

Maxim

Beyond repair
New scan!

Probably the most accurate portrayment of in-game world EVER.

This manga needs some more, it has potential to become awesome. I hope that Dogasu puts it up too.

Last edited:
^u^ This manga really is looking intersting.
I want to know what it's about though. o3o

Professor Juniper looks lovely.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I agree. Does anyone here know when this manga will be published into a full volume?

Don't be so quick. It's just second chapter, or so.

There have been no news regarding new tankobons for a good while.

We don't know if this manga will ever get tankobonned at all. Or any other BW manga. We must wait for news, I guess they should come soon (most likely Pocket Monsters BW will get tankobonned first of all BW-based mangas. Then we should expect "Hero of Thunder and Fire" and "BW Good Partners" [and "Master Pokemon BW" if this hasn't died yet]. Also, there's ReBurst on the way and that new Asada series).

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Oh man. I want this to be the new "Diamond Pearl Adventure". Something with different main characters, but the Pokemon setting is still there. And I really like the designs for the boy and girl.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
The only thing about this manga that bugs me is a minor quirk of mine in the artwork. Something about how the artist does eyes feels weird to me for Pokemon, and compared to most of the other mangas I read. I could probably get over it granted I could read full chapters of it, but I dunno, it still slightly bugs me.

Not big enough to not keep tabs on the manga though; it seems interesting so I'll definitely keep my eye on it as long as it's around and I'm interested.

It is cute, but I think ReBurst is bit more unique in its character designs. I like ReBurst's more since it has the right shounen art style rather than the plain one. It's fun to look at. xD It just sucks that the characters' personalities aren't unique.
Yeah, there is no denying ReBurst's designs are a bit more unique compared to this manga. This manga's artwork is still cute though and not too bad. And that is true about the artwork for ReBurst. xDDD It's just more of what I can tell of the story so far that I'm not big on; I didn't know the characters didn't have unique personalities though. (in ReBurst) I must say I'm not surprised though, it feels very generic to me so far in a lot of aspects.

I really don't have anything against shoujos, and it would be funny to see pokemon through this different point of view. :b
I don't either, since I read all different kinds of mangas. :3 I don't care what genre a manga is as long as I like it and enjoy it. :D And I agree that it would be funny (and interesting) to see Pokemon through a shoujo point of view. We've mainly seen kodomo and shonen viewpoints for it so it'll be interesting to see how a shoujo viewpoint of it will go. :3

New scan!

This manga needs some more, it has potential to become awesome. I hope that Dogasu puts it up too.
Thanks for sharing! Still looks interesting to me. It's odd that Professor Juniper's hair isn't shaded though. xD I'm used to it being slightly shaded and prefer that.

I agree that this manga needs some more chapters. I'm very curious to see what direction it'll go in after it finishes setting up some more. And I hope he puts it up too, I'd love to read about what's going on in it so far. =D

Maxim

Beyond repair
New chapter of Good Partners!

We see Cress, but the other two appear as well, most likely. Pity that karubiimunomono gave us only one scan, this time.

I really like this manga, it's so unique.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Considering all I've seen is a few measly pictures

I have nothing to say