• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cafe Mix General Discussion

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just started playing this, as it just released tonight. Really like it so far and best of all, I won't have to spend a dime.

How do you guys like it so far?

YelST

watch Roukin
It's fine. I play Homescapes too so might draw a few parallels but Café Mix seems a bit unresponsive and luck-based especially with tomatoes. You can't predict where things will go and artificial difficulty became an issue far too early in.

It's going to be a pay-to-win game but for now it's enjoyable and cute. Leah is a well-designed character who isn't intrusive and the overall Pokémon designs are good. Out of the two though, because of the sheer amount of support the game gives you on luck-based levels, Homescapes is the superior game and the mechanics overall better, for Cafe Mix to follow going forwards.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm not really interested in playing this myself, but I've had one major question since they announced it last week. By the looks of it, all you have to do is swirl around your finger/stylus until stuff disappears. There's not much actual thought or strategy. Am I wrong? Where's the puzzle aspect of this supposed puzzle game?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm not really interested in playing this myself, but I've had one major question since they announced it last week. By the looks of it, all you have to do is swirl around your finger/stylus until stuff disappears. There's not much actual thought or strategy. Am I wrong? Where's the puzzle aspect of this supposed puzzle game?
Very soon you have to deal with stuff getting in the way that must be cleared out like stationary sugar blocks, honey that multiplies, cheese walls, marshmallow jars that can only open when their turn is up, guide tomatoes to baskets (most annoying part), etc. Also, the stages all have different shapes. It is actually very varied. The hearts you have stocked are lives instead of stamina, so you can virtually keep playing forever until you lose 5 times, locking you out from playing until you let hearts replenish in time or use gold acorns.

And of course, the cheapness starts showing after 0rder 30 that you will have to use items.

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
35S29U3TYGBQ

This is my friend code. It's part of a quest that I have friends, so if you're playing feel free to add me.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
The Tomatos in baskets is definitely the most annoying part of the game so far.

Everything else can be cleared by Megaphones or pokemon powers.

Something always falls underneath a tomato when i try and drop it in the basket

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Can see this game on my Samsung Galaxy A01. It's 64 bit. So this game can be played on mid range phones.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cleared Master Cafe Mode. After this and getting all staff members, you practically only keep playing to renew resources, so better to avoid wasting Golden Acorns.

It's a no-brainer what furniture you need to make Lucario appear, though the questions now are when and how you get that.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
"You can exchange your 30 stars for furniture!"

Yay!

"FURNITURE UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE WAIT FOR UPDATE"

So we wait for like one new main Pokemon every week and 19 filler main orders? Man, this is going to be much more of a slog than Pokemon Shuffle was.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I wonder if we'll get an 'upstairs' to the cafe eventually.

Looks like there is a set of stairs next to the Hamburger and Togepi flower pots, but they dont lead anywhere.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Todays update really helped something along.

Only on level 56, But between Scorbunny appearing and today i swear Togepi had disappeared from my game.

Couple of the "Link 25 pokemon" orders were super difficult because Togepi was the recommended Chef and i didnt have her.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like it but I keep getting stuck because I don’t have enough Acorns for extra turns and I keep needing to finish one task to clear the stage and only need one additional turn to do it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, next week we get Sobble as a guest, and I assume Grookey in a week or two after.

I like it but I keep getting stuck because I don’t have enough Acorns for extra turns and I keep needing to finish one task to clear the stage and only need one additional turn to do it.

Every Mobile Game ever xD

Last edited: