• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cafe Mix General Discussion

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The Last team event wasn't that bad. It's just that some of the team members weren't contributing enough points and i'm not sure if we can kick anyone out of the team for not contributing any points during the event and of course they won't get any rewards if they don't contribute enough points. Some ppl may have hit a roadblock because they lack the stars to move on to the orders.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I am currently locked out of new orders and need to earn over 150 Stars to continue which is annoying because the last batch I unlocked and completed I barely got one star after constantly using Acorns. One stage took around 10000 Acorns to get one star because the one gimmick kept refusing to clear for me.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I am currently locked out of new orders and need to earn over 150 Stars to continue which is annoying because the last batch I unlocked and completed I barely got one star after constantly using Acorns. One stage took around 10000 Acorns to get one star because the one gimmick kept refusing to clear for me.
What the hell made you use 10k acorns in one stage?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I was wondering about that too. if you can't get 3 stars on a order you were doing, then you need to train up your staff levels through training and make use of your kitchen notes if you have any use for the available pokemon. if not, then hold on to them till you're able to get them. if you're using tarts from pelipper's delivery, it's highly recommended to use them at staff level 10-20. spend acorns on level cap first before spending them anywhere else.

We would help with your problem. it's just that it depends on the order you're stuck on getting 3 stars at.

Captain Jigglypuff

What the hell made you use 10k acorns in one stage?
Those stupid coffee blocks on a stage where they were literally everywhere but the two recommended Pokémon didn’t have that gimmick and the only ones that I have that do weren’t suitable for the order and would only be a waste.
Also I AM using training cookies constantly but I keep getting stages where the Pokémon I have trained high aren’t suitable for the stage!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The thing about iced coffee gimmick is that it's all about the placement and range of the cafe skill. I wasn't sure which pokemon you have currently for that order and i don't know what order you were doing. The ones recommended were jigglypuff, exeggutor, kirlia, plusle, sneasel, alolan vulpix, yamper, and emolga.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Figures that getting the fifth Golden Week top prize involves wasting 30k acorns, which is the same amount the express delivery ticket goes for.

I have been unlocking the path to lv. 20 to a majority of my team, but then I made some calculations and came to the stupid conclusion that it won't be enough to fulfill the requirements, so I was somewhat forced to do a 30k express delivery (gave me a lot of a crap and a second bit to get Hat Starly). Ugh.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I spent around a total 60k acorns during that challenge and it wasn't enough to complete it. I only got yamper in my pulls.

It's not easy to get to staff level 20 in terms of the cookies you need for that pokemon.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I didn't think of that unless I have to catch up on stars while waiting on the next set of orders. getting 3 stars on these orders is not easy as it seems and these orders can get harder and reaching new gimmicks as you progress.

Captain Jigglypuff

I didn't think of that unless I have to catch up on stars while waiting on the next set of orders. getting 3 stars on these orders is not easy as it seems and these orders can get harder and reaching new gimmicks as you progress.
Exactly. Up until the 350th stage, I could consistently get at least two stars for each order and after that I barely clear the stages with one star because of how the gimmicks are set up. I kept only needing to clear out one more requirement for orders when I run out of turns (mostly because the gimmick clearances won’t show up when I need them the most) and I don’t have enough Acorns to get more turns. One stage took me three weeks to clear because I would finally get the Milkshaker next to the Milk Bottle and they would refuse to connect.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The worst is the olive and oils because they take up to 2-3 moves. 1 move if you're using a pokemon with a speciality gimmick. Order 350 is tomatoes, pumpkins, and olives and oils.

You should probably try to train your pokemon staff levels to get better results.

Captain Jigglypuff

The worst is the olive and oils because they take up to 2-3 moves. 1 move if you're using a pokemon with a speciality gimmick. Order 350 is tomatoes, pumpkins, and olives and oils.

You should probably try to train your pokemon staff levels to get better results.
The coffee blocks are also bad as several of those stages keep recommending Pokémon that won’t clear them as a gimmick and the ones that do are the worst for the stage.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The coffee blocks are also bad as several of those stages keep recommending Pokémon that won’t clear them as a gimmick and the ones that do are the worst for the stage.

Well usually I just train up the staff to get that specialty gimmick. Sometimes it's ok to come back when staff level is high enough and have specialty gimmick unlocked including with kitchen notes.

Okay, so a team event is coming up in two days. I'll hold off doing new stages until then to train more waiters and waitresses.

Yeah hopefully the team can contribute enough points as much as possible. I don't like to be having people who don't contribute that much points and/or have roadblocks in their way due to lack of stars to proceed unless they do training, but it won't be much points to contribute.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yeah hopefully the team can contribute enough points as much as possible. I don't like to be having people who don't contribute that much points and/or have roadblocks in their way due to lack of stars to proceed unless they do training, but it won't be much points to contribute.
Been purging my team from idlers who don't play for like 6 days.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay, so a team event is coming up in two days. I'll hold off doing new stages until then to train more waiters and waitresses.
And good thing I keep holding on doing new stages because very usually a new event will just pop up that requires to play main stages for better results, this time being Shiny Sneasel.

By the way, training shiny Pokemon is a WASTE OF TIME because they have the very same skills as their original forms, so it's better to focus training on a non-shiny.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Actually training shiny pokemon is not only a waste of time and stamina, but also a waste of resources such as cookies and kitchen notes.

The last team event went well even though it was a good thing I ended the event for the team. At least the rewards are better though.

Looking at our team, there was ppl inactive more than a week now.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Looks like another team event is coming up, but the team is currently full and loaded with inactives. I'm starting to think that when a team members go inactive, they just never come back. I may suggest start raising the requirements to join the team as needed by adding a order requirement so we don't get these kinds of ppl in a low number of orders as fillers to keep the team full.

The thing about team event is that you can still do the event even if you're on master cafe mode or do training, but training won't offer much points. past orders are ok as long as you're able to clear them, but points won't count if you already obtained 1-2 stars on that order.