1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Characters Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by shoz999, May 26, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

So in every generation, there's always a few or a lot of characters that people love or remember. This is a thread to discuss what kind of characters people want and to discuss what kind of characters we will see after GameFreak starts taking out the surprise out of everything in future trailers and game play videos etc. Here are some obvious character-types as examples.
    • Friendly Rival, Edgelord Rival, maybe both like Hau and Gladion from Sun and Moon or all in one like Hugh from BW2. Multiple Rivals?
    • Tree-Named Professors
    • Gym Leaders, Trial Captains, or Elite Four Members who have a life and job outside of there Pokemon battle duties.
    • The Villainous team that, if coincidentally, seems to always be based on a type of group...
    Team Rocket = Mafia
    Team Magma/Aqua = Eco-terrorists
    Team Galactic = Science Cult
    Team Plasma = Animal Rights Group
    Team Flare = Evil Steve Jobs? Fashion Nazi's? Business Suits? I have no clue
    Team Skull = Team Snagem and Aether Foundation = Cipher​

2. PirateKing

PirateKing Well-Known Member

I was wondering what could be the default names of the player characters since the game names are so different this time around

I was thinking Leslie and Gordon (Let’s and Go) or Pike and Eve (Pikachu and Eevee)

3. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

I think it be unteresting to have the PC mother as champion. Specially if they can find a way to involve them in the story, and still keep it as a surprise at the end.

Maybe have the prof get ropped in with the evil team some how?

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Yeah, that will definitely be interesting, especially when we suspected Kukui of having a double life as being the Masked Royal and the professor at the same time in Sun and Moon. But this time there could be this one character in the villainous team that looks similar to the professor but is under a different name but maybe reveals he/she is the professor at the end. Then he can reveal the purpose of being in the villainous team either because of his/her pure evil or that he/she infiltrates the villainous team to spy on them.

5. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

One rival who is the standard kind rival who heals your Pokemon and is more interested in having fun. The other rival could be more harsh towards others and related to the leaders of the evil team.

The mom could be the professor this time.

The gym leaders/Elite 4/champion could form a team that deals with the evil team and they have you and your rivals join them.

The evil team this time is led by two kids:

The older sibling-She's about sixteen, she's the older sister of your one rival. She's determined to release a legendary from its sleep to create a paradise. It's revealed that after an accident involving her parents she was contacted by the legendary Pokemon who offered to help her as long as she said and did everything it told her to.

The younger sibling-She's about ten, she's the younger sister of your one rival. She's the nicer of the two leaders, she doesn't really get what her older sister is doing. When her sister gives her some "pokemon playhouses" to protect she tries her best to protect them but teleports away with her Pokemon when defeated. Her sister has her be the face of the team so that no one will bother them too much due to thinking that the team is just a little kid playing around.

6. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

I can't wait to finally re-unite with our old friends: Lorelei and Agatha after we last see them in 2004. I was an elementary school student back then, literally.

7. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

The gym leaders doing something should be fun.

8. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I wonder if they'll have much of a redesign, actually. They brought back OG Archie and Maxie for USUM so maybe it'll be the same case here, but hopefully they change them up a bit.

Speaking of USUM changes actually, I wonder if they might make Oak the champion like the original plan was. That'd be pretty sweet.

9. WalesNote

WalesNote Member

Make gym leaders relevant to the plot (5th gen did a good job). Make your rival a part of the evil team? Or maybe he founds it over the course of the game?

10. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I imagine the plot will be pretty similar to Yellow, so Team Rocket will likely already be around. It'd be cool if the did something fresh with the rival though, instead of just using Blue/Blue 2.0.

11. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

since this is apparently a kiddy game for the casuals how about no rival at all? so the game is less of a challenge for them.

I just want Misty to return as gym leader

12. Nockturne

Nockturne Well-Known Member

The new rival Trace being less adversarial sounds laaaaaame.

Lumineon457 likes this.
  13. Lumineon457

Lumineon457 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I want a rival that says, "Smell ya later, LOSER!"

14. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Trace sounds almost like Tracey, who was one of Ash's companions in the Orange Islands and may as well be a reference to him. It seems that he is one of those friendly rivals and a tutor, which fits well with getting newer players to better know the fundamentals of Pokémon games.

15. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

So as we saw from the tree house playthrough our rival has been replaced by Trace and clearly the trainer character isn't Red, now this remake is feeling off. If it for nostalgia why replace the most iconic rival with any friendly guy? Is gamefreak worried that Blue seems to much like a bully? But My main concern is he was the best plot twist in the game being the champion at the end and they just got rid of it :\ according to the leaks Blue and Red do still play a role but I'm confused as to what it could be but it seems they have been written out of canon unless the leaks are real.

As to what role they play I can't see one unless we set out on our journey right after Red and Blue do and thats why we get stuck with pikachu because we're ash (over slept and the starters got chosen before we got there) but don't see how that works since theres only three houses in pallet town. Unless we come from virdian to get our pokemon at the time Red and Blue leave to get oaks parcel. Then they're post game bosses or something...

(or more multiverse shenanigans we had team rainbow rocket with all bad guys now let's have team rainbow trainers with all the protagonists!) or this is somehow a sequel but I don't see it with regular team rocket being in the game.

What do you guys think of this?

16. PirateKing

PirateKing Well-Known Member

I think Red and Blue are 100% characters in game. What I think now is that the story actually does take place a little later than the original game, (like 20 minues to an hour) and we'll get to see Red's rise to championhood with our very own eyes, him and Blue can be secondary rivals to us while we go through the story and see how it actually went down in canon.
    This way, the gyms, region, trainers and general story can all be the same, but the player characters presence can add a unique element to flesh it out. If the story takes place just after the originals, then maybe Red could be the Champion, he would have just beaten Blue and we would immediately come after as his first challenger.

For a while now they've been leaning on making Red an actual character, giving him cameos in almost every generation, giving him his own OVA movie (Origins), etc.
    I guess they wanted to do that again by putting a spin on the original story.

17. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

But then it'd be even more boring than the original, we can't fight Giovanni, at all. Because to do so we'd be breaking Canon and we know normal team Rocket is in the game.

18. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Is Lillie included?
    She should be an elite 4 member in this game and have a poison type team.