• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon characters with the worst hairstyles

PageEmperor

I was going to only do this for game protagonists, but now knowing that there are way too many characters in this franchise with really, really dumb hair, basically this is a discussion thread for basically anybody in the games who just have incredibly questionable hairdos. So yeah, like the title says, what do you think?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Achroma (Colress). I don't quite understand how he got his hair that way, and although it's interesting to look at, to me it's one of those "jumped the shark" moments in the franchise.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Sordward and Shielbert immediately come to mind. I think they would have still worked fine without making their hair resemble and a Sword and a Shield.

I think they're supposed to look ridiculous, since they're already ridiculous in how they behave.

As for which character has the most ridiculous hairstyle...if it was about ridiculous clothes, I'd say it's Skyla, since apparently her outfit is standard for Unovan female pilots, which means they ALL dress that way. But for hair, it has to be either Colress, which is normal except for that bizarre light blue thing that goes around his entire head; or Lovrina, who embodies all the tackiest aspects of anime gigantic twintails.

TwilightBlade

Jessie from Team Rocket has the most gravity defying hair and I love it! It's so unique and different and it makes me smile. Alder, Colress, N, Sordward and Shielbert also have hairdos that make me laugh. :]

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well let’s see. There’s a Bugsy whose gender confused me so badly because of the haircut, Grant’s which would be fine if he removed those weird rock things, Will’s hair looked odd, Sidney looked like a giant baby with his hair (a bright pink full Mohawk would have been better), and Tabitha had a horrible hairstyle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
Grant’s which would be fine if he removed those weird rock things

I had completely forgotten about his hair. It used to confuse me since it looked solid like a mineral, so for a long time I assumed that he was just wearing a hat or head covering of some sort.

Luthor

The hairstyles of the team galactic admins are not great for an odd reason in my opinion. If i've remembered these correctly.

Saturn's hairstyle looks like a Purugly (His signature Pokemon is a Toxicroak)
Jupiter's hairstyle looks like a Toxicroak (Her Signature Pokemon is a Skuntank)
Mars's hairstyle looks like a Skuntank (Her Signature Pokemon is a Purugly)

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
The hairstyles of the team galactic admins are not great for an odd reason in my opinion. If i've remembered these correctly.

Jupiter's hairstyle looks like a Toxicroak (Her Signature Pokemon is a Skuntank)

This is just my head-canon, but I wonder if Game Freak originally gave them different signature Pokemon that matched their hairstyles, but then switched them around before the games were released.

Luthor

This is just my head-canon, but I wonder if Game Freak originally gave them different signature Pokemon that matched their hairstyles, but then switched them around before the games were released.

Yeah. I would suspect that is likely the case.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ghetsis hair is kind of silly, but given its horned I give it a pass because it reminds me of the devil and that fits him well

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

It’s actually Mars’s hair that’s based off Toxicroak. Jupiter’s is based off Medicham for some reason. Charon’s hair looks sort of looks like Skuntank though.

As for the worst hairstyles I have to go with Sordward and Shielbert. I just can’t take them seriously with those crazy hairstyles. Sordward in particular as his hair clearly defies gravity.