• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon characters with the worst hairstyles

jaden767

Amphetamine
Alder and Benga. They have starfish hair and Alder's looks like a reject Yugi Mutou hairdo. Lysandre's hair is over the top too.

I never noticed it before but wow you're right that Alder has Yugi hair. I wonder if that was done on purpose or if they just gave him a hairstyle that kind of looks like Volcarona. Or both.

Bill the Typhlosion

If a Sinnoh remake happens, I really hope they do something about those awful "pudding basin" haircuts the Team Galactic Grunts have.

And while this isn't a criticism of the hairstyles themselves, I find it odd that Lusamine and Mohn have similar hair, despite not being biologically related.

Last edited:

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
If a Sinnoh remake happens, I really hope they do something about those awful "pudding basin" haircuts the Team Galactic Grunts have.
Eh, they're basically doomsday cult members. They should have a hairstyle that screams "I am completely unaware of how insane I am".
And while this isn't a criticism of the hairstyles themselves, I find it odd that Lusamine and Mohn have similar hair, despite not being biologically related.
Yeah, they both have the deep green eyes and pale blonde hair. Its got a real Lannister Twin vibe...
They should know that's not how anime genetics works. The kids are supposed to look exactly like one parent, with a feature or two from the other one. Plus an inherited accessory. The parents don't need to look alike.

OwensJB

I hate Greta's hair for reasons that I can't comprehend. It just looks so old fashioned and doesn't match her kung fu / martial arts theme.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think they're supposed to look ridiculous, since they're already ridiculous in how they behave.

As for which character has the most ridiculous hairstyle...if it was about ridiculous clothes, I'd say it's Skyla, since apparently her outfit is standard for Unovan female pilots, which means they ALL dress that way. But for hair, it has to be either Colress, which is normal except for that bizarre light blue thing that goes around his entire head; or Lovrina, who embodies all the tackiest aspects of anime gigantic twintails.
I never realized the blue thing was hair. I thought it was some science headset thing. At least Lovrina's hair is technically possible if you're lucky with genetics and willing to spend a fortune on hair dye.

Luthor

Koromi. A recent COTD from the anime. She's supposed to resemble a Kricketune but they use her hair to do so which I guess makes sense but makes her hair look very odd.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Sordward and Shielbert immediately come to mind. I think they would have still worked fine without making their hair resemble and a Sword and a Shield.
Just incorporate it into their clothes, their actual hair is an abomination of man and Arceus

Colress' hair looks like the Internet Explorer logo.
Also anyone remember Nascour from Pokemon Colosseum? His hair was weird too, along with Miror B's. But really, Nascour's entire design looked like he didn't fit in a Pokémon game but more in an RPG à la FF or the Tales of series or something.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Sordward. Especially the way it wobbles while he's laughing and droops down when he's taking a bow. It looks like it should be censored.

TwilightBlade

I just remembered that I don't like Klara's hair that much. It's not really her hair though I guess, just that Dustox wing hair accessory thingy. It looks like something Lady Gaga would wear.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The thing about Sordward and Shielbert's hair, is that the latter seems at least somewhat believable, and looks kind of like Lysandre.

Sordward's looks like he uses way too much hair gel and his hair looks like it's having a "Last Airbender" moment.

I kind of wish Sordward's hair was down rather than up for those reasons. Plus, as an aesthetic, I think some guys can pull of long hair well.

Red and Blue

I'm not a fan of Lusamine's Dorito hairstyle. I would have preferred if they gave her normal straight hair.