• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Chronicles - Dubbed Version Sucks

Haku

Beginning Trainer
I think the dubbed version of the most recent shows suck. What do you guys think? I thought the previous voice actors were alot better. What is your opinion?

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh, it wasn't THAT bad.

Would've been cool if they made Atila a guy though. Why did they make him a girl?

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I think the dubbed version of the most recent shows suck. What do you guys think? I thought the previous voice actors were alot better. What is your opinion?

"Eugene".

I rest my case.

The only thing I found good about it was that Kudou's voice was absolutely ORGASMIC I loved it ; ;

Jeff Zero

Well, they could have done worse, at least most of the original cast was kept, the only character who had to be recast was Cassiday and honestly the new one wasn't bad. But yeah, they changed way too much and edited way too much. Especially bad was "Legend of Thunder" and "A Family that Battles Together, stays Together" I love when we see Brock's family again, and they really messed around with that story. Changing pretty much all the dialogue seemed to be changed, they pretty much ignored that Brock's mother was supposed to be dead (in the dub) but worst of all, they skipped over the scene where Brock leaves all his Pokemon except Foretress with him. That was frustrating. Very little of the Japense music (or none) seemed to be retained throughout Chronicles, dialogue was changed all over the place, and they took a lot of liberties with the script (on at least 5 differant occasions, they made referances to the characters owning Pokemon they never owned)

I think it could have been worse, really, pretty much anything in life can, but it was a step down from the main series' dub, which still had some fundamental problems. However, the idea for the show in general I loved, Pokemon doesn't have a lot of recurring characters and I loved seeing them do stories all about them. I actually really hope they make more. What they should do, is make some post-AG ones with Morrison, Tyson, Drew, Harley, maybe Solidad, and May and Max.

Kuroshi

I thought the previous voice actors were alot better. What is your opinion?

Newsflash. The previous actors DID voice chronicles.

And yes, it is indeed a top contender for worst dubbed Pokemon anything.

Pearl's Perap

I could tolerate them, if the normal show was like that, I think then it would be time for me to complain, but as it was only a few episodes, I just enjoyed them all the same.

Liberty4Pokemon

Vogue to the Music
Um...wait...why is the topic about Chronicles, but you're asking us what we think about the new VA's (who were cast after Chronicles aired)? 0_o

MidnightTheMightyena

Money for nothing
Oo; Wait are you saying they made a new season of Pokemon Chronicles, or are we talking about the old ones here? I haven't seen or heard anything about a new season, and in the Pokemon Chronicles that are already out they used the old voice actors. I specificly heard that J.T Ross was in there and he did the voice of Drew....... Oo;
Not that Drew was in there.... but J.T Ross did other voices....

Last edited:
I haven't seen them yet so I wouldn't know LOL. I only saw the two part first episode and I really didn't mind it but that's me.

uber gon

Accept Change
It was alright the intro wasnt bad although they skippped parts out in the dub

Which pretty much sucks.

Well, the Horsea gropes Misty scene makes sense to be edited out.

zeno48

Zaker!
Does it really matter? It's over and there won't be any pokemon chronicles so what's the point? Yes it sucked but hey at least they dubbed it.