• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sharpshooter said:
Nope. But expect there to be quite a bit considering Toonami edit the sh!t out of everything. The DVD is 110 mintues long (5 episodes, including the three parts of "The Legend Of Thunder!", "Pikachu's Winter Vaction: Delibird Dilemma & Snorlax Snowman!" and "A Family that Battles Together Stays Together!").

Also, did anyone get there copy yet? I'm still to order mine, hoping to do so tonight.

...Should be getting it sometime in the next hour. *is going to head into town to get the DVD* I have it pre-ordered...

...although, it's not like the copies are going to fly off the shelves. :p

Chris

Old Coot
Sharpshooter said:
Nope. But expect there to be quite a bit considering Toonami edit the sh!t out of everything. The DVD is 110 mintues long (5 episodes, including the three parts of "The Legend Of Thunder!", "Pikachu's Winter Vaction: Delibird Dilemma & Snorlax Snowman!" and "A Family that Battles Together Stays Together!").
*sigh* The ONLY time a network's done ANY edits was KidsWB. And that was when they edited the badge case to have a rectangle instead of the Monster Ball. This started before the UK saw the edit. Once that occured, I believe it became a 4Kids thing.

And when I said I could do a better cover, I wasn't kidding:
[img135]http://img232.echo.cx/img232/7905/chroniclesdvd17tq.jpg[/img135]

Although I wish the actual DVD were like that. ;\

Chris

Old Coot
The entire Raikou special, including the eyecatchers (which are about 13 seconds long), is 69 minutes and 32 seconds long. The Takeshi special's about 22 minutes long. That's about 91 minutes right there, leaving 19 minutes left for it to be 110. Not sure how long the Winter Vacation specials are, but chances are they're 15 minutes each or something. Chances are, what you saw on TV will be what's on the DVD.

ED they were both more on the ten min side becasue like a five min break and ending 5 mins before half past, so more like 10 mins, nice DVD cover you made.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's interesting, because it's to fill the 110 minute quota, yet there is some time left over. Even if you include the opening theme song and the credits, that adds basically a minute or so more only.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Cybercubed said:
It's interesting, because it's to fill the 110 minute quota, yet there is some time left over. Even if you include the opening theme song and the credits, that adds basically a minute or so more only.

...Opening Song? There is no Opening Song. At least, for the Raikou Special part of the DVD. :p

Okay, here's a little sum-up:

I open the DVD case, hoping to find maybe a small leaflet, or advertisement for the next DVD. Nothing. The case simply contains the rather boring looking DVD.

I load up the DVD... A rather crappy title screen, which has a Lyricless version of the opening, and the opening playing in a small box. There are No Extras, as the only options avaliable is 'Play' and 'Scene/Episode Select'.

From what I can tell from thge Raikou Special, it's the TV Version. Everything that was cut is STILL cut, ending and all. So don't expect any extra scenes or extras. >_>

I'll be watching the Pikachu Shorts and Brock Hoso later, but expect them to be the same thing you all saw on TV. -_-

Chris

Old Coot
And I present to you all what Volume 2 should look like but doesn't:
[img135]http://img47.echo.cx/img47/6443/chroniclesdvd29ue.jpg[/img135]

Sad how a highschool drop out can do so much better than grown, businessmen.

Heracross

Custom User Title
It makes me laugh to think that the best 4Kids can do, with all their money and resources, is Kanto starters randomly placed on a colored background, yet Ed, using only a personal computer with Photoshop, can make covers like that.

The sad thing is the people at 4Kids get paid to do this stuff.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
4kids used to make nice covers, take a look at the 1st season DVD covers.

The covers for Pokemon Advance was lazy too, all they do is put two pokemon on the cover.

I was really hoping they'd put the humans on the cover, with nice group shots of Ash, May, Max, and Brock on the various DVDs....but instead we get Spheal and Shiftry gracing the cover of one of the DVDs with a rainbow backround behind them. :/

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Yes I also concur that all of us, or perhaps at least EE should be employed by 4kids. We're all jobless bums, and will be eagerly awaiting your phone call, as you cannot clearly do any of this yourselves and are being outsmarted by amatuers. Shame on you.

If there is anything good to say about them it is that at least 4kids are trying to be consistent with it all (Squirtle, Wartortle and Blastoise know following the trend and being on the cover of the second volume), but if they were gonna do that then why didn't they go by the numbering system with Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venasaur coming first? Just a thought.

Gentleben

Nintendo VIP Fan
Got my Copy today-While I agree the Eps are cut in places and lack a real decent opening/ending and I could nitpit other things till I'm blue in the face. At the end of the day at least the eps HAVE been dubbed-and that is at least something. So I say sitback, watch and enjoy what we have got, not what we haven't got.

Europe/USA will always get the raw deal, the sooner you get that then the sooner all these threads will disappear.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Since when does Toonami edit down anything for time cuts anyway, apart from the eyecatches for some of their shows. If something goes over the alloted time, they usually just decrease the amount of ads shown during the break in the next show :/
Toonami = lazy editors.

Chris

Old Coot
Yanno what? >_> I'm actually considering applying for a job in graphics designing for 4Kids. Now I just gotta figure out what's required and hope they're not all "lolz u dinnot gradu8, sorriz 8)" without even looking at some of the stuff I can do. :|

poke_girl

The Amazing
Only problem with the cover is the faulse advitising :p
if only it was true tho.. the orginial japanese verson :( I want.. uncut.. I want :(

Chris

Old Coot
Note, the covers are my own versions if I released the DVDs myself. :p And it's not like 4Kids isn't falsely advertising. I see none of Hitokage's or Zenigame's forms in either DVD volumes. >_>

poke_girl

The Amazing
I feel like going to 4kids.. and maybe killing the designers o_O; Then... Kill who ever dubbed these Chronicals.. I'm not insane.. I'm not.. really..

Status
Not open for further replies.