• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Raichu

Thunder Master
Attila and Hun have to be two of the worst dub names (and puns too), but the fact that we're finally getting the Raikou episode overshadows the crap names. :D

Attila and Hun are actually good names. Unlike the usual choice of names of TR duos being the first and last names of famous cowboys, this time they ripped one right from the history book, Attila the Hun was chosen to lead the Hun army to victory against their enemies. For more information, play the Age of Empires II scenario or look it up at your local library (I can feel it now, you are all saying "That's what that place is for!").

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jynxie said:
It is coming to America sooner or later, guys...Remember that KidsWB press release that announced it a while ago?

KidsWB never announced Pokemon Chronicles, that was 4kids's press release. Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWb, their fall lineup has been announced and Chronicles wasn't on the list.

And really, it's common sense that 4kids would release Chronicles in the U.S. Why would an American dubbing company situated in New York go through the trouble and money to dub something just to release it in the UK? Use your brains people.

Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWB, it'll obviously have a DVD release. SO far I don't think it's airing on 4kidsTV either, which is a shame.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Just watch a huge influx of moronic Questshipper members arise from this DVD. There might be a few decent Backshippers, but I doubt. (The poor, fickle mind of the Common Shipper tends only to understand Main Male x Main Female pairings.)

Buson better be Hun. o.o; Attila doesn't suit him. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Corvair said:
Attila and Hun are actually good names. Unlike the usual choice of names of TR duos being the first and last names of famous cowboys, this time they ripped one right from the history book, Attila the Hun was chosen to lead the Hun army to victory against their enemies. For more information, play the Age of Empires II scenario or look it up at your local library (I can feel it now, you are all saying "That's what that place is for!").

No no, it's a good *source*, but that doesn't make them good names.

Although I'm starting to warm to "Atilla". "Hun" is still a dreadful name.

Naming them after warlords was a good idea, better than naming them after poets, but...the end result...it's like they got a bull's eye on the wrong dartboard.

F

Factory Head Noland

Wahey! Finally some episode names! I'm definatly buying the DVD's when they come out next month and I'll be watching them on Toonami aswell!

Alfonso

Derpgull
Almighty Zard said:
the one thign i can't wait for in the raikou special is who does Kenta and marina's voices

Either Veronica Taylor or Racheal Lillis for Marina-chan. 4Kids rarely use any other female VAs. >.>

Jun'ichi. <3 I love him. And Eusine! And, for Oos, ENGLISH KUDOU.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
"OMG, maybe it'll be an american animated series...made especially FOR AMERICA!!!! Noooes, we are doom'ed!? ;085; "
Ahh, those were the days.

I'm interested in how they plan on explaining the appearence of Brock's mother than how they're handling the Raikou special. I wonder if they could bring in the crude, but effective 'I faked my own death' excuse. Then again, death is now taboo, is it not?~
Either way, thats the episode I'm wanting to see. Brock's mom is cute...in a disturbing kinda way O_<;

Alfonso said:
Either Veronica Taylor or Racheal Lillis for Marina-chan. 4Kids rarely use any other female VAs. >.>
Oh come now Alfonso, you're in denial. You know Liza Ortiz is going to take the role, with her awesome I-can-only-pull-off-one-voice skillz!

R

Rene Bellosh

Hehe, I would never thought I'd live to see the day when Europe gets something before the U.S. does. Well then again I probably will never get the chance to see these specials anyways even if they were released. :p But still it's nice seeing them now spread around the world, now all that's left are those banned episodes. :D

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Gravy said:
I'm interested in how they plan on explaining the appearence of Brock's mother than how they're handling the Raikou special. I wonder if they could bring in the crude, but effective 'I faked my own death' excuse. Then again, death is now taboo, is it not?~

My guess is simple--Flint lied.

I actually think his English line makes more sense. Think about it--he doesn't know these kids, doesn't know that they're going to be his son's friends. And he loves his wife very much, so instead of telling them that she abandoned the family, he's going to make it so that she doesn't take any blame in their minds. Sure, it's a lie, but it makes it look like her not being there isn't her fault.

T

~Toshi~

Originally Posted by Alfonso

Oh come now Alfonso, you're in denial. You know Liza Ortiz is going to take the role, with her awesome I-can-only-pull-off-one-voice skillz!

There's one more if I'm not mistaken-Megan Hollingshead-who voices Joy & Jenny. I think she would be a good choice for Marina.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
[IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/ambiggaywarlords.png[/IMG135]

I couldn't resist.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Sooner or later they'll be international seller's from the UK, probably almost immediatley on release just like how the UK can get newly released DVD's in America etc. So providing you have a multi-region DVD, it'll be alright I'd imagine.

Well since that's the confirmed now from Anti-Richie, It should be reliable enough to order it.

E

Ethereal

Cybercubed said:
KidsWB never announced Pokemon Chronicles, that was 4kids's press release. Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWb, their fall lineup has been announced and Chronicles wasn't on the list.

And really, it's common sense that 4kids would release Chronicles in the U.S. Why would an American dubbing company situated in New York go through the trouble and money to dub something just to release it in the UK? Use your brains people.

Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWB, it'll obviously have a DVD release. SO far I don't think it's airing on 4kidsTV either, which is a shame.

¬_¬ I know what I meant....But I still think that KidsWB! might air them...

MTC

Johto Champion
Gravy said:
Either way, thats the episode I'm wanting to see. Brock's mom is cute...in a disturbing kinda way O_<;
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
My guess is simple--Flint lied.

I actually think his English line makes more sense. Think about it--he doesn't know these kids, doesn't know that they're going to be his son's friends. And he loves his wife very much, so instead of telling them that she abandoned the family, he's going to make it so that she doesn't take any blame in their minds. Sure, it's a lie, but it makes it look like her not being there isn't her fault.
Isn't it obvious, they'll forget all about that early episode and pretend Flint never said she was dead. (Remember May's parents knowing Brock before even meeting him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.