• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yamiiguy

Serebii gave us OLD news pkmn.co.uk had this weeks ago and he forgot to say that the dvd is out in the UK May 31ST

F

Factory Head Noland

Have you ever thought that when Brock was looking for Ash, May and Max at the start of Hoenn he went through Petalburg City and met Norman and Caroline? Maybe he saw the Gym, went inside and asked Norman if he had battled someone called Ash and a conversation started.
This is possible as by the time Brock has caught up with them they were in the Petalburg Woods.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh cool. I can't wait to see the legend of thunder special. Forget about the other ones.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
~Bayleef~ said:
Have you ever thought that when Brock was looking for Ash, May and Max at the start of Hoenn he went through Petalburg City and met Norman and Caroline? Maybe he saw the Gym, went inside and asked Norman if he had battled someone called Ash and a conversation started.
This is possible as by the time Brock has caught up with them they were in the Petalburg Woods.

That's possible, but it's also entirely possible that it's just bad writing and continuity. Brock *did* mention that he asked Professor Birch about Ash in "You Never Can Taillow," but he never mentions meeting the parents of Ash's two travel companions.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Actually, I'm pretty sure the woman with Flint is his girlfriend, not his mum. I'm 95% sure it's not his mum. It's either Flint's girlfriend or Flint's new wife. Either way, it's not his mum.

The dubbers name people after famous things. In Pokemon Heroes, Annie and Oakley are named after a woman called Annie Oakley. Same with Artilla and Hun. I love the name Artilla, but not Hun.

Overall:

1) I'm glad to hear the Raikou special is there.
2) I'm also glad to hear that the 2 Winter specials are there.
3) I also like that we DO have them.
4) Shops will have an offer or something, since the DVD comes out near the release of Pokemon Heroes.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Absolkid said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure the woman with Flint is his girlfriend, not his mum. I'm 95% sure it's not his mum. It's either Flint's girlfriend or Flint's new wife. Either way, it's not his mum.

It's been confirmed over and over throughout the years that Mizuho is indeed Brock's mom. I still don't understand why people have so much trouble believing that.

Chris

Old Coot
Not to mention, Takeshi clearly calls her kaa-san SEVERAL TIMES, which means MOM. She's not dead. She's no longer gone. Takeshi's mom CAME BACK DESPITE WHAT THE DUB SAID.

D

Dephender

Dogasu said:
It's been confirmed over and over throughout the years that Mizuho is indeed Brock's mom. I still don't understand why people have so much trouble believing that.

The Episode Guide said:
Flint gets up and explains that the gym was running fine for awhile. He had the most mouth-dropping rock field set up. He then explains that it all changed when he met a new girl, Misuho.

That's why.

Chris

Old Coot
Quite alot of those guides were mistranslated. :|

MaskedManAbsolkid

Doesn't really matter. It's the basic guides I've heard. I'll watch the episode and check the episode for any words which are who the girl is.

D

Dephender

Absolkid said:
Doesn't really matter. It's the basic guides I've heard. I'll watch the episode and check the episode for any words which are who the girl is.

Look, she IS Brock's mother. It's stated multiple times in the episode itself, and a person who couldn't even pick up that knows way too little japanese to be able to write a detailed episode guide.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
After seeing what 4kids has done in One Piece and the like, I wouldn't be surprised if 4kids alters the script for the Brock episode making his mother an entirely different character. I would find it amusing to say the least.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Did you not see the part in the summary where she's directly refered to as being Brock's mother? Says it right there.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Well since the dub title itself is called "A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together!" it should imply all characters featured within the fued for the US version are related, I assume.

A

AnT

Alfonso said:
Just watch a huge influx of moronic Questshipper members arise from this DVD. There might be a few decent Backshippers, but I doubt. (The poor, fickle mind of the Common Shipper tends only to understand Main Male x Main Female pairings.)

Buson better be Hun. o.o; Attila doesn't suit him. :p

Indeed. But we're only human. Even though I'm not a Questshipper, even I can't help but like a main guy-main girl pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.