• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
There has been much speculation to wether or not his show is the Hoso's, well i think we can 99.9% confirm this after reading a press release on Toonami Uk's website that states.

"The biggest Japanese phenomenon of the 21st century is back with a WORLD EXCLUSIVE of a brand new show, Pokemon Chronicles.

Ash,Brock,Misty,Tracey, Professor Oak are back in a series of unmissable adventures where each Pokémon Chronicles reveals a distinct tale of mystery surrounding one of its characters.

Collect a brand new episode every week to find out even more about the characters from the most successful anime show in the world...

Pokémon Chronicles - you got ta catch 'em all."

so i think this pretty much confirms they are the hoso's

Source - http://europe.turnerinfo.com/pdf/GBR/TOON/highlights/Toonami May highlights 05.pdf

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
These are the HOSOs not a continuation of AG so May is hardly in it, in fact I think shes in one for like 2 minutes

K

Knife

It's the Hosos munchmonlee that were never aired in the US

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Well that's the confirmation we needed from Toonami. Incidently, this being released 12 days before it gets released on DVD here. So it's good news all round for the UK! Finally.

F

Factory Head Noland

So it is the Hoso series! The Hoso series is great, finally getting dubbed! And they are airing in the UK first.

I've seen a few of the episodes and really enjoyed them, I'm glad that they are coming next month, Wednesday 11th of May. Toonami don't usually play episodes of something just once a week, they are usually on all week.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
leaves me stuck thinking wether to

a) watch them on tv only
b) watch them on dvd only
c) watch on tv and buy the dvd's

somehow i suspect i will probably choose c but heh :p

F

Factory Head Noland

Go for c), that's what I'm gonna do. Are the DVDs coming out in the UK stores?

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I'd take C :p

The only thing of course though is that judging from the original, Toonami don't edit things all that well. We never get "Who's that pokémon?", rarely do we get Pikachu's jukebox, and occasionally they don't even play the opening theme song.

It's all good still but I do hope Toonami give us the whole package this time without cuttng any of the special features out of it.

P

Ppk01

Toonami/Cartoon Network/Boomerang do that to nearly ALL of their shows.
And do bear in mind, the DVD release has not been confirmed. It merely showed up on Play.com one fine day.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I'm going to go ahead and sticky this so that we don't have dozens of users coming to this board starting new threads because they "just found out" this news.

F

Factory Head Noland

Well that definatly confirms it, WHSmiths are rarely wrong (if ever).

I'm going for c).

Alfonso

Derpgull
I'd like to know what frikking retard thought that ASH deserves to be mentioned in a sum-up of the Hosos. >.>

And what Team Rocket, who had two, and Richie?

MaskedManAbsolkid

I just thought.

Since Toonami cut out the openings, does this mean we won't know if the opening is new?

Anyway, I hav a good chance of getting it on DVD and watching it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Aw, no mention of Raikou!

It's looking like we'll never see the Raikou special dubbed. They would have mentioned it in the teaser if it was part of the series.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I heard there only gonna be on DVD and 3 will be shown on Toonami in the UK >_<;;
Guess I'll have to buy the DVD(s)

-Scott-;229;
Will the other Specials ever be on DVD, such as the Raikou?

Status
Not open for further replies.