• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cinematic Universe?

So a few things that I think the people making these should seriously take into consideration

-Avoid any direct mention of either Ash or Red at any point, allow the audience to speculate on whether or not they're even a part of this films universe or just a mere legend
-Make the movies not be focused on Pokemon trainers, they can appear and be part of the story but not the main focus. Plenty of other interesting people in this world
-Do not make a movie that's a direct adaptation of the main games story line. We've already seen plenty of that with the anime
-Make future films that rather than be an adaptation of the games but instead be just things that could happen in this world that isn't in any games. Or even make films based of small parts of the games such as a horror film set in Lavender Town
-Even though these films take place in the same universe, we do not need to make an Avengers like movie where all the characters introduced so far have to meet up. If 2 of the characters happen to meet at some point it should be because it makes sense for them to meet
-Have the movies be different genres with different tones as well
-Be open to allowing a PG-13 rated movie if justified
-Maybe have some of the films be somewhat based on the idea of what would a well known classic film be like if it was in Pokemon? (Many have said Detective Pikachu is like Who framed Roger Rabbit but with Pokemon)
-Even if the characters don't interact or meet, continuity should be maintained throughout
-Not every movie should feel the need to feature a legendary, it's ok to have a movie that never shows us one onscreen

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Did people get that in the film universe 20 years passed since Pokemon The First Movie which means Ash. Misty, and Brock are in their 30's?
I'd say it's most likely Red, Green & Blue in their 30's but it could just be a reference to the fact that the first movie aired 20 years ago. I say that because for all we know Red is still 11 around the events of Detective Pikachu meaning the Mewtwo event happened 20 years ago before Red's journey starts, not after.

Last edited:
Alright time to pitch a few ideas

Working title: Sharpedo attack
Genre: thriller, shark attack
Rating: PG
Summary: a lab in Kanto is conducting experiments on dark type Pokemon that involve growth enhancement (much like the ones in Detective Pikachu). A Sharpedo that has grown to be 10 times as big (that's about 60 feet, larger than Wailord) escapes the lab successfully. The escaped Sharpedo finds its way to one of the beaches in Alola and causes countless people to be killed/injured. Word gets out that a Pokemon attacked the beach, but no one is sure what Pokemon caused this (some even think it was Kyogre that caused it) to happen at first until one of the survivors claims it to have been a Sharpedo that caused it. A fisherman goes out and finds a Sharpedo with slightly different colors (shiny) than normal and harpoons the Pokemon believing it to have been the culprit. Upon investigating the Sharpedo they find no evidence that the Sharpedo was the same one but decide to declare it safe to visit the beach regardless. The real Sharpedo however attacks the next day and proves to be far to fast to be the one they caught. From here a team is formed including a captain with a Jolteon, a local trainer with an Alolan Raichu, and a couple other people to assist in taking on this giant Sharpedo that seems to be surprisingly fast.
Notes: Film is loosely based off Jaws. The lab at the start is located in the ruins of the burnt down lab in Cinnabar Island and implied to be working for an evil organization that's experimenting on dark types in an attempt to reclaim a certain Pokemon that previously escaped from them in the past. The giant Sharpedo is implied to have the speed boost ability. Large amounts of the film takes place in the sea and lots of water types appear.

Working title: Drifloon of doom
Genre: horror
Rating: PG-13
Summary: A small town not too far away from Mt. Coronet is getting reports of missing children. No one has been able to find any leads, but the children that have gone missing have one thing in common, they all went missing on Friday.
Notes: Several ghost type Pokemon appear in this film. Pokedex entry on Drifloon is the main inspiration for the film. Giratina make a brief appearance at some point.

Working title: Big Nugget 11
Genre: heist
Summary: A thief recruits a group of people (with a specific Pokemon partner) in an attempt to steal the big nugget from a museum with a high security system.
Notes: Movie is based off heist films. One of the people involved in the heist owns either a Sneasel or a Weavile. The criminals in question are not affiliated with any evil organizations in Pokemon.

Working title: Safari Park
Genre: Adventure
Summary: A fossil restoration project manages to successfully revive several of the revived Pokemon including Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Cradily, Armaldo, and the other ones from each gen. The restored Pokemon are kept in a zoo for people to visit until a terrorist group kidnaps the newly restored Pokemon. The Pokemon are eventually freed from the kidnappers, but at the end it's revealed that before being freed they managed to get a ditto to produce an egg from one of the Pokemon they stole. The terrorist group hands this egg in the final scene over to someone wearing a coat with a shield in the center that appears to have the letters "PS" written on it. The man tells them that this should be more than enough to get their project started.
Notes: Film is loosely based off Jurassic Park. The evil group that receives the egg is implied to be Team Plasma and the project getting started is implied to be one of creating Genesect. All the fossil Pokemon that are fully evolved make an appearance in this film. Main focus of the film will be on freeing the Pokemon from said terrorist group.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
My proposed TV series on investigating crimes committed using Pokemon could tackle such crimes as using Pokemon to commit murder, using Pokemon to help commit robberies, and even using Fire types to commit arson.

I feel like doing a TV series for this universe would be a bad idea. TV shows have much lower budgets, so there's no way they can afford the CGI needed for all the Pokemon that appear without looking really bad. The only way they would be able to make it work is if the Pokemon have little time on screen, which would defeat the entire purpose. So for now I'm thinking no TV shows.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I feel like doing a TV series for this universe would be a bad idea. TV shows have much lower budgets, so there's no way they can afford the CGI needed for all the Pokemon that appear without looking really bad. The only way they would be able to make it work is if the Pokemon have little time on screen, which would defeat the entire purpose. So for now I'm thinking no TV shows.
The franchise as a whole is better off with an animated tv show. Live action Pokémon makes for potentially great movies but not TV. I think a live action movie about the residents of Ultra Space would be very interesting.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You know what I'd really want to see on the big-screen? I prefer it animated but live-action isn't a bad idea either but seeing the 5th gen saga come alive would be pretty cool as the adventure, region and music is so fantastic and full of heart.

yolitRK.jpg
I want this as well

Red and Blue

If they do bring in TR I wonder who would be a good actor to portray Giovanni?

I'd say it's most likely Red, Green & Blue in their 30's but it could just be a reference to the fact that the first movie aired 20 years ago. I say that because for all we know Red is still 11 around the events of Detective Pikachu meaning the Mewtwo event happened 20 years ago before Red's journey starts, not after.
Well we did see
a possibly adult Red early in the film

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If they do bring in TR I wonder who would be a good actor to portray Giovanni?

Well we did see
a possibly adult Red early in the film
Honestly I thought that was just a reference to the Pokemon GO prank that amazed audiences.

I didn't like Detective Pikachu because it felt really tryhard with its by-the-numbers plot, cheesy humor and all-star Hollywood cast, so I hope that we won't get more films that have the same premise. I'm not against Pokemon movies as a whole, I just don't want more Americanized versions that bastardize the franchise.

BCVM22

If you didn't like it that's your prerogative, but nothing about Detective Pikachu "bastardized" the franchise.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
If they do create more live action Pokemon films then the only thing I ask is try to come up with something original. Don't base your films plot off any of the main series games since the overall story is different for each player.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Tom Cruise as Giovanni.

He needs more bad guy roles.

Just saying that as kid i always wanted to see Satoshi live action movie and that always cool to see .

Sadly it will never happen. TPCi is very protecting of Satoshi/Ash that they didn't want any direct reference to him in the Detective Pikachu film (they wouldn't even allow Tim to wear a similar-looking cap). And considering WHY they chose Detective Pikachu as their first live-action Pokemon film, I doubt they will ever let live-action Ash happen.