• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Clothing

Many Pokemon include clothing in their design... but there's a big question: Where does this clothing come from? Is it a part of their body to begin with, or what? I can understand if a Pokemon like Gardevoir who looks like she has a dress maybe had the clothing grow out of her naturally, but others, like Jynx, Machoke, and Mr. Mime are still questionable.

Thoughts?

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
There's no point in making sense of the pokemon world. no point at all.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I don't think Mr. Mime actually wears clothes. I think it only looks like it, just like it looks like Tyrogue wears puffy shorts. :p

As for Machoke, I do wonder how it gets that Power Save Belt after evolving from Machop. For that reason, ONCE AND ONLY ONCE I will be okay with seeing a Machop evolve in the Animé so we can find out how it gets that belt.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
They just look like they wear clothes. They don't.

No. 1 Machop Fan

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
As well as Machamp and Machoke have a belt, Primeape has some weird black chain things and Jynx sort of has a bra, which is just plain weird >_<

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
As well as Machamp and Machoke have a belt, Primeape has some weird black chain things and Jynx sort of has a bra, which is just plain weird >_<

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Hitmonchan wears a tunic, which evidently changes color when it's shiny. I have always questioned this, especially when Hitmonlee in naked.

And does Machop just grow pants when it evolves?

Mudkip kid

<--Will be mine!
The Belt Speedo thing on Machamp is so we don't know how human-like it really is.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I think it isn't really clothing. If it were, it would have to have it in its first evolution. Most who do have "clothes" do not, with a few exceptions.

cptmyname

well, i think on only real actual clothing is that powersave belt that machoke and machamp wear to censor out the manly control their strengh.

mockingjay

swift and lol
natural clothing, it grows when the pokemon grows. imaginary pokemon speculation ftw.​

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
The reason Machoke and Machamp wear speedoes (Look closely) is to hide the... Effects... Of their steroids. If ya know what I mean...

oh, and on a serious notes, their clothes are probably just growths that looks like clothing.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Yeah the clothes are just there as part of the evolution. Like the clothes are growths or something.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I think their look alike clothes, are what they based up off of humans. I mean, they saw humans, and developed their traits when they evolve, kinda like how people paint their faces to match animals?........kind of....god I'm tired.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I think their look alike clothes, are what they based up off of humans. I mean, they saw humans, and developed their traits when they evolve, kinda like how people paint their faces to match animals?........kind of....god I'm tired.

Yeah I get what you're saying. Like some of them tried to copy their evolution's clothes from what they saw humans wearing

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
Hitmonchan wears a tunic, which evidently changes color when it's shiny. I have always questioned this, especially when Hitmonlee in naked.

And does Machop just grow pants when it evolves?

yeah... and Hitmonchan also wears matching sandals. :/

How 'bout Frosslass? She wears that bow thingy behind her...

yeah... and Hitmonchan also wears matching sandals. :/

How 'bout Frosslass? She wears that bow thingy behind her...

Special fins that looks like a bow? Anybody's guess. The Froslass with the bigger bows have a higher chance of repoducing in the wild, maybe?