• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Clue (RP ~ Rated PG-13)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/aAJeZsh
SU Tread: Closed <<< Click for longer plot and notes.

Rules:
1. Obviously, follow the standard forum and sub-forum rules.
2. Don't SPAM, flame, or otherwise harass other players.
3. Don't bunny (control others' character's) without permission. If you know me, you know I am strict on this.
4. Remember your character is NOT Omnipotent, Omniscient, or Omnipresent. Do NOT have them know things they shouldn't, teleport, or otherwise god-mode.
5. Put your name(s) and rough location(s) [if possible] at the top of your post.
6. Do NOT be the idiot that forces me to make more rules (love you guys). If you're not sure if you should do it, either don't, or ask first!

Player List:
1. Tangeh - Mariana Brightsea, Water
2. Monster Guy - Liam Anwell, Fairy
3. Schade/Yasha - Alain Renard Dubois, Fighting
4. Vern - ALF, Ghost
5. TikTok13 - Edward Grey, Dark
6. TheSequelReturns - Kotomi Yamagishi, Psychic
7. Dragalge - Cain Edwards, Bug

NPCs:
(You'll be allowed to interact with these chars, but any major stuff will be GM controlled.)
1. Innkeeper - Old woman, Mrs Mason (Klefki)
2. Maid - Young woman, Miss Samantha Keys (Squirtle & shiny Pidove)
3. Security Guard - Young man, Mrs Mason's son, Brian Mason (Machamp)
3. Officer Jenny (Cyndaquil, Gloom, & Manectric)

Notes:
~ At the start of the RP, you have not seen Ryuki's body (unless you're the killer), and it is locked inside his room. However you may have seen the blood smear on the floor/wall in the hall, as well as where the maid got sick upon seeing his body.
~ You cannot leave the building, and are unable to contact the outside world, as signals are being disrupted by Officer Jenny's Manectric
~ Inn Layout: there are several guest rooms on the second story. As well as a lobby (with main entrance), parlor, dinning room, and kitchen (with a secondary entrance) on the ground floor. You will be able to move freely between these rooms, barring Ryuki's room, whichever one Officer Jenny is occupying (unless she is questioning you), and any room other players have locked themselves in.
~ To win you must either tell Officer Jenny who the killer is and how Ryuki was killed, or if you're the killer you must not get caught. You may only approach Officer Jenny in 'an attempt to win' once. (See SU Thread for more details).

Intro:
Parlor, Early Evening

During the annual Gym Leader Conference, eight gym leaders booked rooms as a small inn. On the evening of the second day, after they all had returned to the inn, Ryuki the Dragon Type gym leader was found dead in his room by the inn's maid, who was suspicious of a deep red substance she found on the floor and wall, trailing into the room. Upon opening the door with her skeleton key, she saw his body and became ill. Panicked she informed the Innkeeper who called the police.

Shortly after that, Officer Jenny arrived to investigate, aided by the late for work inn Security Guard, but the interior security cameras are suspiciously inactive (though the outside cameras reveal the killer must still be in the building), and due to massive traffic accident downtown Officer Jenny doesn't know how long it will be before back-up arrives. So, they have locked down the building, and Officer Jenny is conducting a solo investigation, complete with interrogating everyone present.

Once all the guests and staff are gathered in the parlor, Officer Jenny informs them of the situation. A man has been killed, and until she can get back-up or identify the killer, the inn is on lock-down. The Security Guard will watch the front door, while his Machamp guards the back/kitchen door. And as an additional security measure, her Manectric will be jamming communications. She looks over the group continuing her announcement, “. . .so, that's were we are. I'll be interviewing each of you in turn, but first of all, I need to investigate the crime scene. In the meantime, I advise all of you to stay in groups of three or more, and not go anywhere alone with anyone.”

She leaves the parlor to head for the second story where the guest rooms are. The Innkeeper shakes her head mournfully as she tries to comfort her distraught Maid. The young woman sits in an armchair with her shiny Pidove in her lap, stroking it gently as she staring across the room with a haunted expression.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Liam Anwell
Parlor, Early Evening

Liam didn't have time to change out of his pink Fairy costume before all the people in the hotel were called into the parlor. It must have been something serious. There was blood on the floor and walls leading to one of the rooms, and somebody got sick in front of said room. The sight made Liam cringe. It was disgusting. Once everyone arrived in the parlor, Officer Jenny informed everyone that a man had been killed. Considering there was one very important person missing from the group, that dead man was Ryuki.

It was a surprise to hear the news that Ryuki had been killed. While the expression on his face was serious, Liam couldn't help thinking 'good riddance', and actually being excited at the fact that he would never have to see or hear that bully ever again. As awful as it sounded, he got exactly what he deserved. The man had been a jerk for as long as Liam could remember.

Now the officer had to investigate the scene, which meant all of them were stuck there, and communications would be jammed until the investigation was over. They would also each be interviewed later, and she advised that everyone stay in groups. The killer was amongst them after all. Who knows if they might strike again. With that, Officer Jenny left to investigate the scene.After the officer left, the Innkeeper tried to comfort her distraught Maid. While the young woman sat in an armchair stroking her shiny Pidove looking upset. She was the one who saw Ryuki's corpse, she had every reason in the world to be upset about it.

"Wow... he's really dead..." Liam said out loud as he took a seat on another free chair in the parlor. "I can't believe somebody would actually kill him. I mean, Ryuki definitely wasn't the nicest guy ever..." His voice trailed off, and then he rolled his eyes at how much of an understatement that was. "Ok... he was a complete jerk... At least to me... but to go and kill him seems a bit much."

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Cain Edwards
Parlor, Early Evening

Everybody was ordered to meet up together in the parlor. A gathering of everyone like this was bound to lead to something out of the ordinary. Cain made sure his outfit was clean from any obvious hair or dust on his suit and followed the others. As he made his way, blood was scattered everywhere which led to Cain making sure that he would not get any of it on his clothing. Upon arrival, Officer Jenny had told everyone that a man was murdered with said man being Ryuki amongst everyone.

“OH NO…I got dust on my coat” said Cain as he noticed the dust on his suit, oblivious to what Officer Jenny had informed to everyone. Cain grabbed the roller from his coat pocket and quickly wiped away the dust. Someone tapped his shoulder to have him look at Officer Jenny rather than what’s on his body. Cain became in shock again but this time being the fact that Ryuki was killed. Cain had always known that he was dirty and tried to stay away whenever they met each other but a dead body was far worse to him.

The communications were jammed by Officer Jenny’s Manectric, the Machamp had blocked a couple of doors in the Inn, and everyone was ordered to stay together in groups while she investigates the crime scene. Eventually Officer Jenny would interview each person one-on-one about anything that they might know that was related to the murder. While not speechless, he was having trouble processing this unexpected turn of events almost like the young Maid who saw Ryuki's corpse. Even with his coat collecting a bit more dust, Cain was more worried about how the killer was still in the building. He did not want to fathom what kind of dirty human was still lurking around him. Cain cleaned off the dust on his coat and followed Officer Jenny’s orders in that he must find a group to stay with despite the killer still being around the lot.

Last edited:

Tangeh

Mariana Brightsea
Parlor, Early Evening

Mariana trudged down to the parlor, a curious marill sitting on her left shoulder. Her curly brown hair swung around her right shoulder to accommodate little Dewdrop, and her bangs were held up with a decorative pink clip adorned with large turquoise feathers. They'd all been summoned to the parlor, though Mariana hadn't a clue why. Fortunately she hadn't bothered removing her outfit nor makeup for the day, but unfortunately that meant she wasn't in her evening attire. Oh well, the bright blue dress worked fine for her image. It properly sang 'I'm a water-type gym leader!', before any of the others bothered to ask.

Officer Jenny's recount of the reason they'd been summoned had Mariana silenced in shock. Ryuki? Dead? Murdered? Perhaps it was bad that her shock was mixed with a little relief and even joy - okay, it definitely was bad, but he is - well, was, - her least favourite person on the planet. They hadn't even spoken, let alone reconciled, since their breakup two years ago. This was the first time Mariana had even seen her ex-boyfriend since then, and she'd made it pointedly clear that she had no interest in socializing with him. She supposed she'd never get that chance now. She let out a long sigh, unsure of what emotion she should be feeling. Should she cry? Laugh? ... Okay, not laugh, that was certainly inappropriate.

The bug-type leader Cain had a minor freakout over how dusty his coat was. Perhaps it was appropriate to laugh after all, nobody really seemed distraught over the situation. Meanwhile, the fairy-type leader, Liam, took a seat on one of the spare parlor chairs. "Wow... he's really dead..." Liam said. "I can't believe somebody would actually kill him. I mean, Ryuki definitely wasn't the nicest guy ever..." His voice trailed off momentarily, enough for Mariana to get a scoff in there. "Ok... he was a complete jerk... At least to me... but to go and kill him seems a bit much."

"Karma was bound to get that man eventually," Mariana bitterly chimed in. The weird concoction of emotions finally caught up to her, and she wiped a few tears out of her eyes. "I don't even know why I'm surprised at the moment. I bet any one of us could have a motive for murder." She stole a stony look around the room, her eyes warily landing on Officer Jenny. That was exactly why they were stuck here. She whipped out her cell phone, intending to spread the gossip that Ryuki had been killed, but found that her phone had no signal. She put it away with a groan of irritation. "Honestly though, you said yourself Ryuki was a jerk to you, and Cain over there barely seems to care that a man was just murdered in cold blood mere minutes ago!" She crossed her arms. Dewdrop, still perched on her shoulder, imitated her, crossing her stubby arms with a scowl.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
-------------------~~-------------------
Alain Renard Dubois
Parlor, Early Evening

Having barely changed out of his suit and into his workout-gear, Alain was called out to the parlor of the inn he was staying at for the conference by Officer Jenny. Granted, it looked more like he was heading to the gym, or a photoshoot, or a photoshoot at the gym, but he met up, with Sothe close behind him. It was apparent that most of the others did not have the time to change out of their outfits from the conference. Alain had always been quick to do costume changes, due to his background and current status as an idol. However, he figured he could probably at least get a shirt form somewhere. Walking into the parlor, he couldn't help but notice theblood on the walls, as well as drag-marks on the floor leading into one of the rooms. Though he was unphased byt he scene, it worried him that maybe someone had died? He had seen enough horror-dramas on Tv to know where this situation was heading.

Apparently, the unfortunate victim of this grisly scene was none other than Ryuki, the up-and-coming star, and fellow Gym leader. The news didn't shock Alain as much as the thought that someone had actualy died here, as it was only a matter of time before the mans ego caught up with him. Alain didn't speak, but rather tried to process the emotions he was feeling. Granted, he didn't dislike the guy, but still, he didn't feel much for him. Sothe was standing behind him with a lit incence in his hands, giving Alain a look of understanding as he picked up on the raging emotions inside him.

Of course, recent events meant that Officer Jenny had to start an investigation, which in turn meant that none of the gym leaders present were able to leave the area, or communicate with the outside world. Alain was okay with not being able to leave, but how in the world would he let his fans know he was doing okay? How would he post his selfies to Pokègram™ account now? The mere thought was absolutely dreadful, and it stressed him out. Sothe, picking up on this stress, was more or less pushing the incence he was holding in Alain's face.

Looking around, it was quite obvious that Cain, a fellow gym leader, was occupied with... not looking dirty? To each their own, he thought. Liam took a seat as he expressed his feelings on the situation. He was dressed in his fabulous outfit, and hadn't been able to change after the conference. "Karma was bound to get that man eventually," Mariana bitterly chimed in, though tears in her eyes suggested she was feeling pretty down about this whole ordeal. "I don't even know why I'm surprised at the moment. I bet any one of us could have a motive for murder." she then said, before glaring out into the room. Then it struck him. That was the reason they weren't allowed to leave. The murderer would have to have been one of the group! Instantly wary, Alain took a step back, with Sothe imitating his movement in perfect synchronization. . "Honestly though, you said yourself Ryuki was a jerk to you, and Cain over there barely seems to care that a man was just murdered in cold blood mere minutes ago!" MAriana said before leaning back into the chair, crossing her arms like the diva she was. However, she was not wrong. "Would any of us have the guts to actually preform such an act though?" Alain asked to no one in particular. "I mean.. We should all have been pretty occupied in changing and recovering from the conference. Shouldn't that narrow down the list of suspects, at least a little?". Sothe was nodding as Alain spoke.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Liam Anwell
Parlor, Early Evening

The first person to react was Cain with an "OH NO!" followed shortly after by complaining about having dust on his coat, then pulling out a roller from his pocket to wipe it. Liam couldn't help giggling at the sight of it. Liam didn't like getting his good clothes ruined either. However, the Gym Leader who uses creepy crawly bugs on a regular basis, was worried about a little spec of dust on his coat was hilarious. This guy clearly wasn't at all distraught over Ryuki's death.

"Karma was bound to get that man eventually," Mariana chimed in. Despite her tone of voice, there was still tears in her eyes. "I don't even know why I'm surprised at the moment. I bet any one of us could have a motive for murder." She pulled out her phone, then quickly put it away once once she found out there wasn't a signal. "Honestly though, you said yourself Ryuki was a jerk to you, and Cain over there barely seems to care that a man was just murdered in cold blood mere minutes ago!" She crossed her arms in annoyance, and the cute little Marill on her shoulder mimiked the trainer's mannerisms adorably.

Liam winced at the phrase 'cold blood.' That was a disturbing thing to think about. The fact that somebody could callously end another person's life without a second thought, and that they were amongst them right now. "Girl speak for yourself. Didn't he publically break up with you at some point?" Liam got off the chair, and approached the fellow Gym Leader. "What did you see in him anyway? He is the least attractive guy I've ever seen. I mean dat hair tho!" Liam giggled and waved it off. "You're too good for him anyway, he's a jerk. Let's talk about something happier. You're Marill is so cute!" He cooed. Thankfully, this girl wasn't so ridiculously tall. He could snatch the Marill with his arms outstretched, and give it a hug. "I have an Azumarill back at the Gym, but I always get excited to see another cute li'l Fairy type." He then put the Marill back on Mariana's shoulder.

"Would any of us have the guts to actually preform such an act though?" Alain the hot Fighting type leader with the green hair brought up. "I mean.. We should all have been pretty occupied in changing and recovering from the conference. Shouldn't that narrow down the list of suspects, at least a little?"

"He has a point." Liam replied. "I mean, he didn't even get time to put a shirt on. Not that I mind!" Liam winked. He then approached Alain, and gave him a hug. "You're hot you know. I bet you hear that from all the boys and girls!" With their respective height difference, Liam came right up to Alain's chest. He also took the opportunity to touch Alain's abs. "Yep, rock hard. I wouldn't expect anything less from a Fighting type guy."

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
ALF
Parlour, Early Evening

Humming a tune to herself and walking with a bounce in her step, ALF bounds into the parlour with a sort of energy that most of the others present seem to be lacking. In fact, the mood at the gathering is sombre and subdued. There were some familiar faces there, like usual, but most were just that - familiar, nothing more. Still humming cheerfully, ALF jumps across the room in two leaps and does a twist in midair, landing gracefully onto a free armchair and giving everyone present a wide grin and a wave. “Good evening!”

Before anyone could respond to her greeting, Officer Jenny, who was in the parlour with them, did not give anyone time to reply. With a dispassionate voice, she broke the news that Ryuki, the dragon-type gym leader, her childhood friend turned estranged enemy, had been murdered. She would be conducting an investigation and interrogating each of them, and for now they were locked in here with no hope of escape, as well as the knowledge that a killer was amongst them. Wow! This is almost like a dramatic crime novel! Perhaps a little inappropriately given the circumstances, she gives an excited giggle and rubs her hands together.

The first to react was the bug-type leader Cain, who shouted ‘OH NO!’, only to brush some dust off his suit, obviously unconcerned over the information Jenny had given them. She has half a mind to jump over and give him a hug in the windbreaker she hadn’t washed for a week or so, but decides against it. Liam, the fairy type gym leader, voiced his shock and surprise at the death, but also with a sense of spitefulness over something. The water type gym leader Marianna chimed in with a vindictive comment about Karma catching up to him, but the tears in her eyes belied mixed emotions. “I bet any of us could have a motive for murder.” She says, crossing her arms,"Honestly though, you said yourself Ryuki was a jerk to you, and Cain over there barely seems to care that a man was just murdered in cold blood mere minutes ago!”

ALF took this opportunity to let out a drawn out ‘heehhhh?’ of kinda-surprise, her voice tinged with both amusement and a sort of contempt - kind of like a scientist observing interesting behaviours exhibited by the animals they were studying. Whether the contempt was directed at Ryuki, or the people in the room, she isn’t quite sure herself.

"Would any of us have the guts to actually preform such an act though?” Alain, the resident fighting leader, asks to no one in particular. "I mean.. We should all have been pretty occupied in changing and recovering from the conference. Shouldn't that narrow down the list of suspects, at least a little?”

Wow, we’re already starting to investigate! ALF breaks out into a wide smile. I can’t wait to see how this’ll all go down.

"He has a point." Liam replies. "I mean, he didn't even get time to put a shirt on. Not that I mind!" He winked and approached Alain, giving him a hug. "You're hot you know. I bet you hear that from all the boys and girls!" He also took the opportunity to touch Alain's abs. "Yep, rock hard. I wouldn't expect anything less from a Fighting type guy.”

Still grinning, ALF takes this moment to chime in, hopping across the room and jumping up, latching on to Alain’s back in a half-hug, half piggyback sort of position. Her feet were off the ground, so her head was situated at Alain’s shoulder, allowing to look down at Liam with an expression that was at once a friendly smile but also a sort of leer. “Hey! Are you guys flirting? Let me in on it too!” She giggles, affectionately bumping Alain on the side of his head with her own, “I mean, the more the merrier, no?”

“That aside,” she continues, still latched onto Alain’s shoulder,“Is this really the time for this? Maybe we should be looking for the culprit! You know, like detectives!” Her red eyes dart across the room, resting upon each present individual in turn. “Or maybe we can all just lie down, have some drinks and try to burn off stress… I mean, you seem like you need it, Mr. Murderer!” She points at Liam with an accusing finger, gives him a little poke on the forehead with it, then bursts out laughing. “Just kidding! I’m sure you’re innocent~” she bumps Alain on the head again. “Right, Al-y?"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
- Kotomi Yamagishi -
Parlour, Early Evening

Kotomi drifted into the room on the tail end of the group, Cheshire on her heels. Whatever this assembly was, it had better be for a good reason. It had interrupted a perfectly good nap. The police woman waited until they were all gathered together and then broke the news to them. Someone seems to have died. What's more, it seems they were actually killed. Murdered, as it were. How... interesting.

A quick head count confirmed her suspicions. One of the gym leaders was missing. Ryuki, that dragon-tonged little punk who thought he knew everything. Not surprising, honestly. People who snapped and yelped like that guy were probably only allowed to continue doing so since it was against the law to get rid of troublesome people. Not that the law had done anything to stop his untimely demise here and now. Which meant that someone here was capable and willing to ignore the rules of society to do as they pleased. Kotomi would have been the first to jump at the chance to punish Ryuki. That much she'd tell you here and now. But rules existed for a reason. Rules governed everything. They established the framework upon which reality itself was built. Breaking them was like daring the powers that be to try and enforce their rules. Not that the challenge of such a prospect didn't sound appealing to Kotomi. What would it take to get away with murder in this modern age? A good question. Maybe she'd find out today.

Predictably, the murder was the hot topic of the moment among the others. Liam expressed his concern, but was quick to drop the murder on the back-burner so he could fondle Alain's chest. Kotomi knew that a man doing that to a woman was tantamount to sexual harassment charges, but wasn't sure if the same rules applied when it was two men. Was the difference in anatomy enough to nullify the law? A question for another time. Cain seemed more concerned with his attire than with the matter at hand. Mariana made a somewhat interesting observation on Ryuki's probable backlog of bad karma and then did the same thing she was doing, observing the group. Though she was more vocal about her thoughts. Alain questioned if any of them would actually commit the crime, then tried to lay the groundwork for an alibi case. Suspicious, but not too much so. It was still a move the killer might make to distract from themselves, a dumb move to make here and now. Better to flow with the crowd. Act indifferent like everyone else and you won't stand out.

And then ALF, that strange girl, went and drew the attention of everyone in the room by literally leaping onto Alian's back and joking around. Either the girl was as out of touch with the crowd as Kotomi herself was or she was attempting the riskiest subversion of suspicion Kotomi had ever seen. Either way, ALF seemed like the best match for a possible ally at this point. After all, Kotomi had no reservations about the suspicions that were probably falling on her at this very moment. No doubt she'd be near the top of the list for suspicious people. Better fix that. Cheshire rubbed against her leg, the Espeon sensing Kotomi's change in emotions. She took a moment to give Cheshire a good head rub before turning towards the group.

"Alain is correct. It is only natural to assume the proximal suspects possess the highest probability of being the killer. Not persons several degrees removed from the circumstances, such as ourselves." Kotomi shrugged and her head tilted aimlessly to the side. Her gaze landed rather lazily on the encumbered Alain and she smiled a knowing half smile and spoke again in her usual deadpan voice. "It matters little I suppose. That idiot is deceased and the killer walks among us. And nonsense still springs to the forefront. Well, far be it from me to worry about the lunacy of NPCs."

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Cain Edwards
Parlor, Early Evening

"Now, don't get me wrong. This is indeed awful, but all that blood could get onto my clothes and skin! That and... the killer is still here so of course I would be nervous. What if the killer didn't wash their hands? That would be awful!" Cain said to Mariana in a worried manner. Cain then noticed that the Fairy type gym leader Liam was giggling at him. Cain didn’t want to think about it too much due to the situation at hand, but he knew it was probably about him cleaning his own attire initially before taking notice of the crime scene.

After Cain’s talk with Mariana, he jumped when he heard ALF coming in and said, “Good evening!” in a cheerful way. Cain panicked a bit and feared ALF would come up to him in fear that her hands were not clean. Fortunately, this was not the case and Cain sighed in relief. ALF then ran up to Alain while Liam was touching his abs and immediately rushed over to them.

“You seem like a person who keeps even his own body clean and that’s good!” Cain said to Alain with an amicable tone. “Officer Jenny’s orders were for us to stay in groups so how about we stick together for a bit! I mean you seem to keep clean a lot, Liam looks clean, and even ALF looks fine with no spec of dust in sight!” Cain said happily but not before realizing that he felt as he missed something.

After thinking for a bit, Cain realized that he did not have one of his Pokemon with him to keep him company should the killer attack him out of nowhere. Fortunately, he had one Pokeball in his left pocket with the other two left back at his room. Cain sent out his only partner on hand with him. Lifis the Leavanny, and ordered him to guard Cain as best as possible should anything suspicious pop up…and to warn him about any dust or dirt that may be nearby. Lifis nodded his head up and down and stood by his side for the time being.

During all this, Kotomi came in and replied to Alain’s wise words. She mentioned Ryuki being an idiot to which Cain agreed but for different reasons. Those reasons were tied to how Ryuki never was the kind of person to keep himself clean. During this, Lifis tapped on Cain’s body saying that more dust collected on his shoulder throughout the whole conversation. Cain quickly grabbed his roller and once again wiped the dust off before putting the roller back inside his coat pocket. Cain knew that this was going to be a long night full of questions and dust.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Plot Update:

- As of this post TikTok13's character, Edward Grey, will be presumed to still be in the parlor, and appearing to be somewhat shocked at the news of Ryuki's death..

Ryuki's Room
After a quick trip to her moped to retrieve some evidence bags and other forensic equipment to aid in her investigation, Officer Jenny made her way to Ryuki's room. There, behind a locked door, she thoroughly looked over the scene; taking photos, collecting samples, fingerprints, and yes, clues.

When she had finished her task, and stowed away all the evidence she had collected into her blue tote, she made her way back to the parlor for part two of her investigation. As she walked she took out a little notebook, on which she'd written everyone's names from the guest register, and the staff's names, and started to consider her suspects. All the guests were gym leaders and therefore well known. This meant she knew a little about the relationships of some of them and Ryuki, even without contacting her researcher back at HQ. Specifically she knew Mariana had dated him early in her career, and that had ended in very public accusations. That made her a prime suspect under standard procedure.

Parlor
After a few minutes, the Innkeeper got up and moved over to a little stand along the wall of the parlor, pouring some citrus water out of a dispenser there into a paper cup an taking it back to the maid. She still seemed quite shaken, and didn't so much drink the water, as stare at it.

That was one thing about this situation. No one was going to starve or dehydrate in the immediate future. Officer Jenny should have plenty of time to complete her investigation.

Officer Jenny strolled into the room, looked around, and locked eyes on Mariana, “Mariana Brightsea? If you could please come with me.”

Dining Room
Officer Jenny decided to set-up her investigation interviews in the dinning room. She took a seat and requested Mariana take the one across from her. She flipped to a blank page in her notebook, and started her inquiry, “You knew the victom right? He was you ex boyfriend? And didn't end well, did it?”

Last edited:

Tangeh

Mariana Brightsea
Parlor, Early Evening

"Now, don't get me wrong. This is indeed awful, but all that blood could get onto my clothes and skin! That and... the killer is still here so of course I would be nervous. What if the killer didn't wash their hands? That would be awful!" Cain said to Mariana in a worried manner. Mariana opened her mouth to respond, then thought better of it and closed it. She didn't have time to reason with the bug leader about his priorities - she suspected logic in this subject was beyond him.

The fairy-type leader Liam also seemed less than pleased about her comments. "Girl speak for yourself. Didn't he publically break up with you at some point?" Liam stood up and began to approach, and Mariana put a hand to her chest and scowled at his brashness in bringing up such a sensitive topic - at a time like this, no less! "What did you see in him anyway? He is the least attractive guy I've ever seen. I mean dat hair tho!" Liam giggled.

"That was not a proud moment in my life, and one I thank you not to bring up again," Mariana snapped, glaring daggers at Liam. "But just for the record, I broke up with him! No matter how that man wishes to spin it - er, wished to spin it... uhm..." she trailed off awkwardly, realizing that being angry at somebody who had been murdered recently wasn't exactly in good taste.

"You're too good for him anyway, he's a jerk." ('I was too good for him, not am... he was a jerk, not is...') "Let's talk about something happier. Your Marill is so cute!" he cooed. He grabbed Dewdrop off her shoulder before she had time to protest, and hugged her. Dewdrop happily babbled at him in poke language. "I have an Azumarill back at the Gym, but I always get excited to see another cute li'l Fairy type." He then put the Marill back on Mariana's shoulder.

Mariana flipped her hair back with one hand, partially to dramatically convey her annoyance, and partially to re-accommodate Dewdrop comfortably on her shoulder. "Yes, well, at least you're right about that." She rubbed Dewdrop's ear, and she cooed in delight. "She's very social, so I try to keep her out of her ball. Easier to do as a marill than as an azumarill, wouldn't you agree?"

The fighting-type gym leader Alain - by far the second most attractive person in the room, the first obviously being herself - spoke up with "would any of us have the guts to actually perform such an act though? I mean.. We should all have been pretty occupied in changing and recovering from the conference. Shouldn't that narrow down the list of suspects, at least a little?"

Mariana nodded thoughtfully. "I'd only recently gotten back to my room - I didn't even have time to change my outfit, let alone commit murder." Though she didn't exactly have anyone who could vouch for her, as she'd returned back to take a break from socializing. "I don't suppose we're lucky enough that the hotel is fitted with cameras, are we?" She turned back around to see both Liam and the ghost-type leader ALF (such an odd name stuck out prominently in her head) practically fondling Alain. She couldn't hide a cringe at the unabashed flirting. She'd half a mind to tell them to find some self-respect - but that would come back to bite her if she needed to schmooze her way out of what she was increasingly worried was going to be a tough situation later. Not that she was above them, but guys like Alain didn't go for desperation. She personally would have made him work for it.

ALF suggested they take on the detective role to find the killer, and Kotomi began spouting what just sounded to Mariana like fancy nonsense. She wasn't going to take the bait.

Then Officer Jenny entered the room. Her eyes surveyed all seven of them, but then locked on Mariana. “Mariana Brightsea? If you could please come with me.” She felt a wave of nervousness on being singled out, though she had an idea as of why. She hesitated a moment to consider leaving Dewdrop with Liam to socialize with the others, but then thought better of it. Clearly somebody in the room was the murderer, and her precious marill was not about to be put in any danger.

Dining Room

Mariana settled herself in the chair across from Officer Jenny and pulled out Dewdrop's pokeball, recalling her into the ball. She didn't want Dewdrop to see her get too upset, if it came to that. Mariana watched intently as the policewoman flipped to a blank page in her notebook. “You knew the victim right? He was your ex-boyfriend? And didn't end well, did it?”

Mariana sucked in a sharp breath. She hadn't expected her to be sensitive about the topic, but still, right to the point. "That's correct," she answered, proud of her voice for not wavering. "As publicized as it was, it was a short lived relationship, only about three months before the rumours started circulating back to me." She narrowed her eyes. "If you're looking to narrow down the suspects, you've got your work cut out for you. I have dirt on some of them in there - Ryuki once bragged to me that he had a pokemon so powerful it scarred another gym leader's face." Her words dripped with bitterness, her composure slowly diminishing. "He conveniently played off the attack as a playful accident when he had mistreated his pokemon so poorly it nearly killed Edward. Ryuki once gloated that he was the lead singer in a famous band - he didn't admit that his own self-pompousness also disbanded it. Of course, Alain would be the one to ask about that."

Officer Jenny eyed her sharply, but her voice was calm. "It's safe to say you and the victim were not on good terms, then?"

Mariana huffed at this question. "I haven't spoken to him in two years. I had no intention of bringing his name into my life ever again. But I'm hardly the only one - nobody likes him, especially not within the gym leader circle. He is everything the rest of us strive not to be - immature, controlling, rude, judgemental, the list goes on..." She sighed, one hand idling playing with a lock of her hair. "In all honesty though? Even when the real murderer is found, I'm still going to suffer for this incident. All these years I'd spent trying to distance myself from that man... The media had stopped nagging me about him, and now everything just comes back to the surface again." Her tone boiled with frustration. "As much as he's hurt me in the past, I'm the last one who'd want to see him murdered, and I mean that seriously. Even in death, he haunts me..." She bowed her head to wipe at her eyes. "S-sorry, this whole situation... it's a lot to take in..."

Officer Jenny wordlessly passed her a tissue, then there was silence as she scribbled on her notepad while Mariana stared at the floor. Confused emotions and thoughts were bouncing off Mariana, and being questioned about the murder of her ex-boyfriend was making her nervous. Surely this was just part of protocol, and she wasn't genuinely a suspect? But then again, if not her... then who?

"...today?"

Mariana glanced up in confusion. "I-I'm sorry?"

"I said, can tell me what you were doing today? Before you were called to the parlor."

"Well..." Mariana thought back. "I was at the conference for most of the day. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing Ryuki at all - I saw him in passing yesterday, so I knew he was staying here, but as I stated previously I had no intention of socializing with him. I arrived back about thirty minutes before we were all called down. I had released all four of my pokemon so that they could relax and have some downtime, I poured myself a glass of wine, spread out some pokemon snacks for them, and then began to groom them in preparation for the evening. Of course, I'd meant to do myself up last, but we were called down before I could, so I haven't changed out of the attire I was wearing during the day."

"And did you notice anything unusual in the hotel when you returned?"

Mariana paused to think, biting her bottom lip gently. "I don't believe so, sorry. I'd gone straight to my room, and I think most others had done the same."

Officer Jenny made a few final scribbles then stood up with a nod. "Okay, I'm going to lead you back to the parlor now. Come with me."

Mariana obediently stood as well. "If there's anything more I can do... let me know, alright?" she insisted.

Once back in the parlor, Mariana sunk into a chair off to the side and buried her head in her hands. Oh god, this was seriously happening. Ryuki dead, and the murderer still loose in the house. As much as she'd wanted him out of her life, she hadn't wanted him dead. All of those painful memories were just going to come soaring back to the surface. Clearly Liam and Officer Jenny hadn't soon forgotten about their horrific breakup, and this was going to be one heck of a reminder to the rest of the world. Ugh... why did this have to happen to her? A small part of her brain knew this was selfish - at least she hadn't died with the level of bad blood Ryuki had - but she couldn't help dwelling over it.

...​

While being interviewed, Mariana's room was left unlocked. Her bed was perfectly made, but pokemon grooming products and pokemon food littered the floor. The area smelled of a light floral perfume. On the dresser there was an opened bottle of red wine with about one glass poured out of it, likely into the drained wine glass directly next to it. There was also a for-charity calendar containing photographs of shirtless male gym leaders, an itinerary for the conference, and a large makeup bag. The closet had a navy blue floor-length dress hung on the outside handle, adorned with swirling sequined patterns, with black heels sitting on the floor next to it. The inside of the closet contained an abhorrent amount of clothing when compared to the length of the conference, including several swimsuits. An oversized suitcase was parked in the corner of the room, but it appeared to be empty. Mariana's white purse lay on her bed. It contained lipstick, several signed photographs of herself, and her wallet (which, considering her wealth, was generously supplied).

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Alain Renard Dubois
Parlor, Early Evening

Liam was the first in the group of Gym Leaders to speak out regarding Alain's point of view, but was quickly distracted by his appearance as he not so subtly gave him a hug, complimenting him on his appearance while more or less breaching any aspects of personal space. Alain didn't mind it too much, though he found it somewhat uncomfortable being hit on by a guy, especially when said guy was dressed as the tooth fairy.

As if on cue, ALF took Alains minor lack of composure to jump unto his back as if wanting him to give her a piggyback ride. The girl was creepy, no doubt about it, but she did somehow lift the mood. “Hey! Are you guys flirting? Let me in on it too!” She said in a childish giggle, affectionately bumping him on the side of his head with her own, “I mean, the more the merrier, no?”. "No." Alain gently said as he tried to shake her off as gently as he could while at the same time moving a few feet away from Liam. Though he made some distance, he failed in removing himself from ALF's surprisingly strong clutches. Seems she's there to stay. he sighed, throwing a few distressed looks over to Sothe, who was standing there mesmerized by the inscence he was holding.

"Alain is correct. It is only natural to assume the proximal suspects possess the highest probability of being the killer. Not persons several degrees removed from the circumstances, such as ourselves. It matters little I suppose. That idiot is deceased and the killer walks among us. And nonsense still springs to the forefront. Well, far be it from me to worry about the lunacy of NPCs." Kotomi then chimed in in her usual dead serious tone. Speaking of oddballs and this girl was an.. Odd ball. Based on the very little Alain understood form her words, he got enough to understand that she didn't seem all that excited about the situation either. Did any of these people understand that someone actually died here?

“You seem like a person who keeps even his own body clean and that’s good!” Cain the Bug-Type leader said to him. He really should have put on a shirt before leaving his room. Or a tank top at the very least. “Officer Jenny’s orders were for us to stay in groups so how about we stick together for a bit! I mean you seem to keep clean a lot, Liam looks clean, and even ALF looks fine with no spec of dust in sight!” Cain continued. I mean it was important to stay clean right? At this point Alain had more or less given up. Maybe he was mistaken, and Ryuki wasn't dead after all. These people sure didn't act as if he was. If nothing else, the casual atmosphere had started to calm him down from the initial shock. Sothe also seemed happy about Alain's newly found calm mood, and figured his calming inscence had done its purpose.

After another not too long pause, Officer Jenny re-emerged from somewhere. “Mariana Brightsea? If you could please come with me.” she said, after taking a look in what could only be a list of the attendees. It would make sense for her to interrogate everyone, as it would seem one of the crew was a killer. Alain grew wary. Despite his idol-status, he wasn't very good with one-on-one interviews. Mariana followed Officer Jenny, looking rather nervous herself before regaining her composure.

"Hey, while she is being interrogated, should we do some investigating ourselves? like ALF suggested earlier, it would maybe make it easier to single out the killer.". He made a small gesture to ALF as she was more or less hanging off his shoulders like a magnificent cloak, having momentarily forgotten she was still there. Getting approving nods from ALF, he made his way to where he knew her room was. He hesitated for a moment before deciding to enter the room though. He would be entering Marianas personal space, and he knew there was a possibility that the others would do the same to him later down the road. Liam also agreed to his idea, and followed him and ALF as he entered Marianas room.

Somewhat surprisingly, Marianas room was messy. the floor was more or less covered in pokemon related products and foods, while her bed was mostly neatly made. the first place of interest was the dresser. The neat timber furniture was adorned with an opened bottle of wine as well as an emptied glass besides it. Some brochures for the conference was placed under a rather large and in-charge makeup bag, filled with products Alain didn't even know the names of. He immediately flinched when he came to what was besides the makeup bag. Sothe shoved his way into the room on the alert when he picked up on Alain's distressed change in emotion. "Gal?" he said, looking around for any immediate danger. Alain knew Mariana was a classy lady, but he had no idea she would be capable of something like this. This was indecent, even by her high standards, right? He swiftly grabbed the 2018 Pokemon Leader For-Charity Callendar off marianas Dresser. The callendar was showcasing April. He didn't even check the mrked dates for the months, as his gaze was meeting his own. He vaguely remember doing this photoshoot, wearing as little as a pair of boxing shorts, striking what he at the time thought of as a "Hot pose", carrying a pair of boxing gloves around his shoulders. he shrugged and quickly tried to stash the callendar away before anyone else would see it. Alas, he was to late, as he heard Liam from over his shoulder. "Hey, I have this callendar too! I'm February, if i remember correctly.". Liam's sneaky arms then grabbed the callendar out of Alain's hands, and he heard him giggle. "You look really cute in that pose, you know." Alain cringed, and Sothe awkwardly looked out into the rest of the room. "Ahem.. Yes, thank you. Hey! look at this!" he averted the attention towards perhaps the largest pair of suitcases he had ever seen in his entire life. Mariana was not a girl for traveling lightly, and it showed in her choices of attire for the duration of the conference. She could dress a small country with all the items of clothing she had brought here, and Alain would rather not poke thoroughly through it.

"You guys see anything else that's worth checking out here? there was nothing on the nightstand, nope nothing." Alain said nervously while blushing. Sothe stood besides him, looking like a living question mark.

Vern

Why not both?
ALF
Parlour, Early Evening

ALF grinned as Alain made some token efforts to shake her off, although his heart didn’t seem to be in it. He was probably upset about Ryuki’s death, and how little most people seemed to be making of it. Giving a mental shrug, she clung on, and eventually Alain gave up after a few distressed glances at his Gallade, most likely just accepting the situation.

Kotomi, the psychic gym leader, spoke up next. While ALF couldn’t really understand what she was saying, it sounded very intelligent, so she just nodded along and made some approving humming noises, as well as a little giggle when she mentioned something about NPCs that sounded vaguely funny. Cain was quick to slide himself into their conversation, congratulating them for maintaining their cleanliness, to which she responded by giggling some more and shaking her right sleeve, causing a small cloud of dust to rise from her windbreaker and dissipate into the air. He probably hadn’t been paying much attention to her.

An awkward pause ensued, eventually broken by officer Jenny striding into the room and demanding or Mariana to leave for interrogation. “Bye, Mari!” ALF called after her, giving the obviously nervous woman a cheerful wave, “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be fine!” She would have given her a hug as well, but was growing to feel kind of fond of her perch on Alain’s back, and didn’t reckon she’d be able to reach her in time. So she just gave her a wink and thumbs up instead as she disappeared from sight. For a brief moment, the room fell into silence again.

"Hey, while she is being interrogated, should we do some investigating ourselves?” Alain says, gesturing to her over his shoulder, “Like ALF suggested earlier, it would maybe make it easier to single out the killer.”

“Yay!” ALF adds, nodding approvingly, “Investigating!” As Alain turned to walk towards Mariana’s room, she repositions herself to sit higher on his back, pointing the way forward with an eager finger. “Onwards, faithful stead! Let us head forth uncover the great mysteries of the universe!” As usual, this is followed by another giggling fit, causing her to slide back down to her previous position.

With Liam following them, they step into Marianna’s room after a small hesitation - probably because Alain was still a little worried about intruding on someone’s privacy. Nevertheless, the enter anyway, and ALF hops off his shoulder, lands slightly awkwardly, and topples backwards onto the floor, barely flailing out of the way to prevent knocking Liam over. “Oops! Sorry!” She calls, then springs back upright again, bouncing over to the closet and swinging it open. “Wow, these clothes are so pretty!” She laughs, her eyes glinting. She gives some of the numerous swimsuits and dresses a poke, and licks her lips approvingly. Humming gleefully, she takes a few deep breaths, inhaling the scent of the perfumed air, then hops over to the open wine bottle and takes a few sniffs of that as well, wrinkling her nose slightly. She had never liked wine much, and the same went for its smell.

“Gal?!” Alain’s distressed exclamation distracts ALF from her inspection, and she whirls around, once again closing the distance between herself and the two boys with two flying leaps.

The object that had extracted this exclamation from him is nothing less than a calendar, emblazoned with pictures of male gym leaders without shirts. It's open to April - the month with Alain's picture on it, showing him wearing a pair of boxing shorts and striking a somewhat cringey, but kinda cute 'sexy pose'. ALF gives a somewhat guilty grin at that - she actually owned that very same calendar, and it was also open to April in her room back home. Liam reaches over and grabs the calendar, taking the opportunity to tease Alain, and ALF reaches forward, patting the distraught fighting-type leader understandingly on the shoulder.

"You guys see anything else that's worth checking out here?" Alain says, still blushing nervously, "There was nothing on the nightstand, nope nothing."

"Nope!" ALF chimes in, raising her hand in a mock salute and switching to an exaggeratedly formal tone, "Officer, I hereby declare the investigation of Mariana Brightsea's room complete, with the verdict that no evidence has been unearthed in contradiction of her presumed innocence." This, of course, prompts another fit of giggles. When she finishes, she affectionately nudges Alain with her shoulder, then gives Liam a gentle elbow on the ribs. "Agreed, Li-li?"

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Liam Anwell
Parlor, Early Evening

Suddenly, ALF, the eccentric Ghost type Gym Leader took the opportunity to jump onto Alain's back. “Hey! Are you guys flirting? Let me in on it too! I mean, the more the merrier, no?”!” Liam giggled, and wondered why he hadn't thought to try that. Alain tried to shake the girl off, but wasn't having any success.

That aside,” she continued, “Is this really the time for this? Maybe we should be looking for the culprit! You know, like detectives! Or maybe we can all just lie down, have some drinks and try to burn off stress… I mean, you seem like you need it, Mr. Murderer!” She pointed a finger at Liam, poking him in the forehead, then busted out laughing. “Just kidding! I’m sure you’re innocent~”

He giggled again. "Hey, it's not a bad idea. I don't suppose anybody here happens to have a talking Pikachu detective to help us out?" He responded jokingly, remembering a movie he had seen not too long ago.

The super serious Psychic type Gym Leader chimed in. "Alain is correct. It is only natural to assume the proximal suspects possess the highest probability of being the killer. Not persons several degrees removed from the circumstances, such as ourselves. It matters little I suppose. That idiot is deceased and the killer walks among us. And nonsense still springs to the forefront. Well, far be it from me to worry about the lunacy of NPCs."

Liam cringed, and rubbed the back of his head, not really sure how to respond to all those big words. "Um... yeah... what she said..."

“Officer Jenny’s orders were for us to stay in groups so how about we stick together for a bit! I mean you seem to keep clean a lot, Liam looks clean, and even ALF looks fine with no spec of dust in sight!” Cain added. That guy was obsessed with keeping clean. Liam smiled, nodded, and kept quiet. There really wasn't anything to say here.

Moments later, officer Jenny called for Mariana, probably to interrogate her. She was Ryuki's ex. It made sense that she would be the first person interviewed. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and all that.

"Hey, while she is being interrogated, should we do some investigating ourselves? like ALF suggested earlier, it would maybe make it easier to single out the killer.". Alain suggested. And then just like that, they were all headed up to Mariana's room. Liam followed closely behind Alain, and ALF was still hanging off his shoulders. The last place Liam ever expected to find himself was in a young woman's hotel room. He would have preferred being in Alain's room in all honesty.

As soon as he entered the room, Liam's nose was greeted by the scent of a flowery perfume. The floor of Mariana's room was litered with Pokemon food, and grooming products. while her bed was neatly made, as pexpected. There was a bottle of wine on the dresser, as well as an empty glass. There was some specs in the glass, showing she had drank out of this glass not too long ago. Some brochures for the conference was placed under a rather large makeup bag, filled with products filled with all sorts of high end beauty products. He noticed a familar item right next to the bag, but Alain grabbed it before he had a chance to look at it. It was a Pokemon Gym Leader For-Charity Callendar. Liam looked over his shoulder, and exclaimed "Hey, I have this callendar too! I'm February!" Liam then grabbed the callendar out of Alain's hands, and giggled. First he opened up the calendar to February, and showed it to everybody. The picture was of him basically dressed like Cupid. Wearing a pink toga, pink feathery wings, and wielding a bow with a heart tipped arrow. It was the perfect image for the month of Valentines Day. Then he flipped it back to April. "You look really cute in that pose, you know." He said with a smile and a wink.

Alain looked nervous for some reason. He really shouldn't be, he did pose for the picture after all. Then he tried to change the subject. "Ahem... Yes, thank you. Hey! look at this!" He pointed out Mari's luggage. Much like Liam himself, Mariana was not a girl for traveling light. She had brought with her a ton of clothes with her.

Liam noticed the fancy evening dress hanging on the closet door. He made a dress just like that in pink for one of his dolls. The boy took the opportunity to look through all the fancy clothes Mari bought with her. She had a lot of designer dresses. They were all fabulous, and expensive looking and feeling. There were also lots of bikinis. "Dang! How many bikinis does one girl need?" Liam shouted as he grabbed one, and held one of it up in front of him.

"You guys see anything else that's worth checking out here?" Alain says, still blushing nervously, "There was nothing on the nightstand, nope nothing."

"Nope!" ALF chimes in, while giving a salute, "Officer, I hereby declare the investigation of Mariana Brightsea's room complete, with the verdict that no evidence has been unearthed in contradiction of her presumed innocence." When she finishes, she affectionately nudged Alain with her shoulder, then gives Liam a gentle elbow on the ribs. "Agreed, Li-li?"

"Not yet..." Liam noticed Mariana's purse on her bed. there was make-up, and several signed photographs of herself, and her wallet, which was filled with money. Liam picked up one of the pictures. "Can we say narcissist, much?" Liam joked. "I like myself too, but I don't carry this many pics of myself everywhere I go."

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Plot Update:

Player's last known Locations as of this post:
~ After being interviewed, Mariana returned to the lobby.
~ Edward, Kotomi, and Cain remained in the Lobby.
~ Meanwhile, Alain, Liam, and ALF investigated Mariana's room.

Parlor > Dining Room:
Returning with Mariana to the parlor, Officer Jenny glanced over the room, and those remaining there. The Maid seemed to be doing better, with the Innkeeper still at her side, while around half the gym leaders had left, but were presumably still in the building. She flipped open her notepad, looking over it. Mariana had mentioned both Edward and Alain having specific grievances against Ryuki, though she also seemed to be suggesting everyone might.

“Edward if you would come with me,” asked Officer Jenny, raising a hand in a simple gesture. He was the next obvious choice, since Alain wasn't there at the moment. Though she assumed he was with the other two, as she had told everyone to stay in groups of three or more. Edward rose with a silent nod and serious expression, as Officer Jenny turned to lead him to the dinning room.

Dinning Room:
She started with the same question as she had with Mariana, “You knew the victim, correct? I understand the scar on your face is his fault?”

“Unn,” grumbled Edward looking slightly uncomfortable about the subject. But he clearly resolved to answer honestly, continuing, “Yes, he abused Plasma, the Hydreigon I'd gave him as an egg, so badly it lashed out recklessly.”

“And did you report this incident? Or seek medical attention?” asked Officer Jenny, making a note in her little book.

Edward's Room:
Since TikTok has exited the RP, here's a list of things you might find in Edward's room, should you choose to investigate it. Feel free to add things, but obviously try to keep it with the char's personality/appearance, and no obvious murder weapon(s):
Black clothing
Books/Journal
Pokemon care/grooming supplies
Pocket knife
Sunscreen

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
- Kotomi Yamagishi -
Parlour, Early Evening

How utterly typical. They nod along to her point and then ignore her completely and prattle on with whatever ill-conceived plot they're hatching. Don't they know there is a killer in their midst? Aren't they aware someone here has blood on their hands?

Kotomi slowly shook her head and gave an exasperated sigh. NPCs, what could you do but be baffled by their ignorance. Well, Kotomi was not one to sit idly by when bigger plots were unfolding.

Kotomi tossed a pokeball and called out Algol, her shiny Solrock. The meteor pokemon gave a small contented groan, as though just now waking from a nice nap, and hummed happily as he gently bobbed in the air. Kotomi reached out, and with almost a hint of a smile on her face, gently poked the Solrock. Algol's blue eyes lit up and he bobbed to attention, his daydream shattered.

"Algol, light screen. One square foot please, right about here. Tilted about twenty degrees." She motioned to a spot about chest level and a moment later a gleaming yellow barrier appeared in the spot. A small square, slightly tilted. Kotomi gave the Solrock a gentle pat, then reached into her pocket and withdrew a marker.

A satisfying pop rang out as Kotomi yanked the cap off of the marker and began writing on the light screen, using it as a tablet. Three columns of names. In the first column: Edward, Cain, the Maid, the Guard, and the Innkeeper. The people who stayed in the lobby. That included herself of course, but no need to write her own name down. As far as she could tell, this group was content to sit and wait things out. Not likely suspects for the murder, unless you considered the Maid and Innkeeper sitting alone off to the side. If they were in this together... A thought, certainly. But nothing to base it on yet. Still, these names were at the bottom of her suspects list.

The second column had the names of the group who went off to explore. They were the most suspicious as far as she was concerned, Alain, Liam, and ALF. They went off together to explore the Inn. Three people, alone together in the depths of the Inn? Isn't that what the killer would want if they had a new target in mind?

Then there was Jenny herself and her first suspect who went off to have a little chat. The fact that Jenny singled Mariana out first must have had some significance, but the obvious suspect was almost never the real culprit. Unless they were an idiot of course, which Kotomi wouldn't put past anyone here, but that was beside the point. She had to find the most likely suspect to be the killer. Because she certainly wasn't going to be the one who got arrested here tonight because of a mistake made by someone else. Kotomi was very aware that she had motive in this too, as far as Jenny was concerned.

And then the door to the dining room opened.

"Algol, release it." Kotomi muttered. The light screen vanished without a trace, the marker writing evaporating into a faint black dust that quickly dispersed.

Officer Jenny walked back into the parlor and traded partners. She took Edward this time, the two of them vanishing back into the dining room. How long would it be before Jenny came for her? Kotomi wasn't sure if she wanted to get it over with or put it off. It sounded like a complete waste of time to talk with the officer no matter when she would have to do it.

But she had to do something. "Thank you Algol, that will be all for now." Kotomi said with just the slightest inflection. The Solrock hummed again as he was recalled into his ball. Solrock were not known to be active at night, it was nearing the little guy's bedtime.

"Come Cheshire." Kotomi walked across the room, her Espeon trailing one step behind her. Ignoring Cain and Mariana for now, she instead made her way over to the Innkeeper and Maid. She approached calmly, not wanting to startle them. There wasn't much Kotomi was expecting from this conversation anyway, but she'd gt even less if they were scared of her.

"Excuse me." Kotomi said as she neared the two staff members. The Psychic-type gym leader stood opposite them, against the other wall. Cheshire sat calmly next to her and stared up at the Maid with a look of equal parts concern for her emotional state and curiosity over her shiny Pidove. "May I make a request?"

Remember Kotomi, use small, simple words when dealing with NPCs. They won't be able to keep up otherwise.

"Would you relate to me the details of what you've seen regarding Ryuki's untimely demise? I am seeking a solution to this enigma and you may posses valuable information."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Alain Renard Dubois
Parlor, Early Evening

"Nope!" ALF chimed in in response to Alain, raising her hand in a mock salute and switching to an exaggeratedly formal tone, "Officer, I hereby declare the investigation of Mariana Brightsea's room complete, with the verdict that no evidence has been unearthed in contradiction of her presumed innocence.". IT was actually quite adorable, if it wasn't for the fact that she may or may not be a killer and that Alain might be getting a dagger in the back the minute he turned around. The whole situation was stressing him out, but at least the ragtag group of detectives didn't find anything in Marianas room. Did that write her out as a suspect though? Maybe? Could one stab someone with water? He tried getting the image of a Razor Shell gone astray out of his head.

"Agreed, Li-li?" ALF continued and gave him a little nudge. He disliked that nickname, but decided not to call her out on it. Liam was next to response, backing ALF up that there was, indeed not more to do in Marianas room, unless you wanted to be badly poisoned from all the different odors of perfume. "Can we say narcissist, much? I like myself too, but I don't carry this many pics of myself everywhere I go.", Liam said, gesturing to the many images of herself Mariana had around the place. His voice dripped of sarcasm, though Alain was pretty sure Liam had at least one or seventeen images of himself lying around somewhere. "Takes one to know one" he said to himself so no one could hear, and chuckled to himself.

Though he was eager to get out of Marianas room and sit down in the lounge and sip to some lovely lemonades provided by the caretakers and maids of the establishment, Alain decided to keep a relatively low profile, as low a profile one could do when walking around shirtless and making all the ladies and Liam drool. He really should've put on a shirt for this. Well, it would be time for that for when the crew got to his room. Considering he might or might not actually be with the group when that happened. Oh god, he didn't leave anything embarrassing out did he. he shook his head. "No. I'm not sure about you guys, but it looks to me that Mariana is innocent. Unless she poisoned him to death with all this perfume." he sniffed the air and coughed ever so slightly.

Exiting Marianas room and leaving for the lounge again, Alain walked in on Kotomi, the Psychic Type leader, speaking with some of the inkeepers. Luckily, there were freshly made lemonade standing on the round table in the middle of the room. Alain quickly helped himself to a glass and downed it all in one swoop, and swiftly grabbed another one, trying not to look greedy. He didn't pay much attention to what the others were doing. IT looked like Mariana had come back from interrogation, and that Edward had been chosen as the next suspect. Mariana looked slightly annoyed, but other than that, she looked more or less the same. What had they asked her? There were so many questions, and Alain knew that thinking too hard on it would just make himself look suspicious. Sighing to himself, he knew several good tactics to calm his mind, and in perfect synchronization, him and Sothe dropped to the floor and started doing Sit-ups.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Liam Anwell
Mariana's Room > Parlor, Early Evening

"I'm not sure about you guys, but it looks to me that Mariana is innocent. Unless she poisoned him to death with all this perfume." he sniffed the air and coughed a little. Liam had to agree. Apart from being a bit of a diva, there was really nothing in this room to suggest that Mariana was the killer. Then again, a really good killer would have thought of that, and be smart enough not to leave evidence of their guilt lying around where people could see it. What exactly should they supposed to be looking for anyway? Ugh, so many things to think about. They make this whole murder investigation business look way easier on TV than it actually is.

Liam shook his head, and followed Alain out of the room, and back into the parlor, where there were a few glasses of lemonade waiting for them. Of course, Liam grabbed one of the ones with pink lemonade in it. During the time they had been gone, Mariana had come back from being 'interviewed.' While the Dark type Gym Leader Edward had was missing, which most likely meant he was being interviewed now. Were they going to investigate his room next? Even though it was not right to judge him based on the way he looked, Liam suspected his room would be dark and depressing.

Liam sipped his pink lemonade, as he eagerly watched Alain and his Gallade do sit ups in the middle of the room. Watching hot guys exercise was the best motivation for going to the gym himself. It was only then that he realized that all of his Pokemon had been stuck in their balls since this investigation got started. The room was too crowded to let the whole team out, but Gabriel should be fine. He was his first Pokemon, and best friend. He knew how to keep his trainer calm in stressful situations.

Liam pulled out the Togekiss' pokeball, and in a flash of light, the Flying/Fairy type materialized in the room. Gabriel stretched out his wings, and yawned. "Togeee!" The Pokemon was almost as tall as his trainer, which was a hilarious sight for some.

Liam smiled, and stroked his Pokemon's head. A gesture the Togekiss definitely appreciated. "Hey boy!"

While still petting his Pokemon with one hand, and still holding the glass of pink lemonade in the other, he turned his attention to the Water type Gym Leader. "Hey Mari! How did the interrogat... I mean interview... go?"

Tangeh

Mariana Brightsea
Parlor, Early Evening

Mariana glanced up as she heard Liam's voice. "Hey Mari! How did the interrogat... I mean interview... go?"

Interrogation. Ugh, that was a crude way to put it, although he at least managed to correct himself before actually saying the word. Mariana sighed dramatically and stared at the floor. "Oh, fine, I suppose..." She wasn't sure she was allowed to divulge many details. After a moment it dawned on her that Liam was greeting her because he wasn't in the room when she'd returned with Officer Jenny. Now that she thought about it, Alain and ALF had materialized out of nowhere as well. "Doing some investigating of your own?" Mariana asked, eyebrow quirked. She wasn't actually expecting them to say yes - they were probably doing a group bathroom trip or something. She noticed that Liam was holding a pink lemonade in one hand, and stood up. She could do with a good dose of water and sugar. All of this talk of murder was making her a bit lightheaded.

She grabbed a drink from the generously provided assortment and watched the equally generous entertainment - which was, of course, Alain doing shirtless sit-ups in the middle of the room. For reasons. She leaned against the table providing lemonade and smiled coyly at the eye candy. "If you're looking for attention darling, you've got it." She laughed quietly and sipped at her lemonade. "Though a guy like you needn't be so unabashed, if I may say so."

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Plot Update:

Okay guys, it's that time; non-posters are going to start being eliminated (randomly unless they’re the killer of course).

Player's last known Locations as of this post:
- Since the last update all players have returned to the Parlor. The Innkeeper and Maid are still there as well.

Parlor:
The maid looked up, seemingly startled by Kotomi's approach. She seemed kind of put off by the line of questioning, possibly haunted by the memories. She shook her head gently and stroked her Pidove, before commenting weakly as she stared off into space, “O-officer Jenny asked I keep the det-tails between the two of us. . .” despite saying this, she carried on in her weak voice, “. . .there was just so much blood. . .”

Officer Jenny appeared shortly, with Edward Grey in tow. He was not looking particularly happy about his current situation, as par usual. He made a beeline for the lemonade table.

Officer Jenny turned her attention to the half naked man exercising in the middle of the room, “Alain Dubois? I'll be interviewing you next, please come this way.”

As she turned to go, the light flickered out. In the complete darkness, people panicked; some groping for devices or shouting for pokemon to light up the room, including Officer Jenny herself. But the lights were back on in an instant. . . However all was not well. . . Gym Leader Grey lay face down on the carpet, a glass of lemonade splashed across the carpet, slowly seeping into the fabric, leaving only the ice cubes and fruit bits.

Officer Jenny abandon her current course of action and rushed over to his side. Inspecting him, she came to a dreadful conclusion, “He's dead. Everyone stay back,” continuing she added, “he appears to have been strangled.”