• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cobalt Version (My new fan game)

Should I double the size of the tiles?

• Increase the size of the tiles

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Don't increase the size of the tiles

Votes: 73 74.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I think it really is a tad too big, it's looking very good so far! I love how you're making the background, and how you're still using bits from the original games. :3

I can't wait to see more.

Thanks. I am thinking of adding flowers to it so there would be more bright colors. This so far took me about 6 hours. <_>

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I have an idea on how I could help. Something besides spriting! Could I possibly do a Beach background? Like when you're fighting on the beach? And will there be different forest backgrounds? Will they be the same each time you battle, or can there be like three random ones? It would seem more real that way. Random.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Wow ur sprites are amazing. Good luck with making the game. i hpoe i can be one of the first to try it out

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
O my gosh!
It looks soooo much more realistic than the actual games!
Something tells me people will really think they're in the world of pokemon when they play this... speaking of which, how much longer do you think the demo is gonna take?

See Ya LAter!

O my gosh!
It looks soooo much more realistic than the actual games!
Something tells me people will really think they're in the world of pokemon when they play this... speaking of which, how much longer do you think the demo is gonna take?

See Ya LAter!

Thanks. I is going to take a wile. Don't worry you will be one of the first to play it.

Here is have been making a new text box(or what ever you call it) for the battle screen I was wondering what you guys think of it so far.
singlePlayerBox.png

I am currently making the enemy's box.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I think it looks great! Ut should fill up a lot of empty space in the Battle screen!

It's great to be optimistic, but this game probably won't be out until the next iteration of pokémon's main series comes out... considering we all have school and work and lives. I haven't been posting here 'cause I've been using the other forum. If you like what you see and want to try being part of the design process, join the Cobalt Forums from thedudemister's signature

Here is the screenshot for the battle.
newbackround-1.png

I would like to hear people's thought's on it and any way it can possibly improve. Thanks.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Awesome!
The only problem I have is the flowers look a little odd, and the front of the parts the pokemon are standing on don't seem to blend much with the ground.

So his name is planda, is it? That's a cute name ^_^
By the way... where does Rambi's name come from?

Ya, Cyber, it probably will be a long time till it's released... But are we going to have a demo? You know, just up to the first gym.

See Ya Later!

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I went on Paint and took out the outline of the platforms and it looks a lot better. Make it the color the majority of the grass is and it'll look better. Kay? And the flowers do look a bit odd

kyledove

Rainbow Trainer
Hey Um, no offense but were you trying to copy my battle background?
forestbattle.png

It's just even the placement of the sandy ground is really really similar.
I took a break and started on it again. -_-
I improved most of it but I would like C+C on what I have done so far.
newbackroundWIP-1.png

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Kiledove: I think It's because when most people think of forests, they think of the ground showing through in those spots.

klnothincomin

Kyogre ate Leafeon.
The background looks similar, but I doubt anyone was copying your backgrounds Kyledove, even I had a little instinct about where the bushes and sandy grass may look best in a battle beckground, considering the positioning of the battle platforms. Here is an enhanced background, the colors are a little brighter and the trees and rocks don't have the outline, making it seem more 3D and realistic.
forest-1.png

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Klnc, that's much better!

EDIT: OMG! Rank up! That took a long time... OVERHEAT!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.