• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Combat Point (CP) Range: (Community Contribution)

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Pokemon Combat Point (CP) Range: Community Contribution

Hello all! All Pokemon come with CP (Combat Points) that determine the power of your Pokemon. The CP of any given Pokemon varies from a particular low to a particular high. Since there is no thread/page around that gives a good range of CP, I decided to go ahead and make one with the permission of JX Valentine.

To find the range of CP, I will need the help of the community. I will create a spreadsheet and link it to the post. What I need the community to do is list the CP of any particular Pokemon that they caught. In the spreadsheet, I shall note down all the CPs until, I can confirm that a particular given CP is the highest one available.

How this benefits the players? Easy, as we all know, we can power up the Pokemon using stardust and Pokemon candies, it will be of great benefit, if we are able to power up a Pokemon that already has a higher CP than the one with lower CP.

To participate, simply fill out the form below whilst posting.
Code:
Pokemon caught:
CP:
Trainer Level:

To navigate across the spreadsheet, find your trainer level on the topmost row of the sheet. Then, find the Pokemon whose Max CP you want to find. Follow up and find the desired CP.

If anyone has any doubts/questions related to the topic, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for reading through and hope you participate.

Last edited:

sapphia

I'm pretty sure the maximum CP range a person has is determined by that person's level. I maxxed out a pigeot because the semi-circle that gives the range was almost full already and I assumed that it couldn't go any higher. The next day after going up a few levels, i checked back and found that the range was no longer maxxed out. This is why higher level trainers can have what seems like ridiculously strong pokemon compared to the CP of seemingly-strong pokemon held by lower-level trainers. Just thought I'd mention it, because I imagine that the fact people will constantly be levelling up will throw your data off.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
It is the case, but idk, it might be handy to know how much CP each Pokemon can have when their trainer is at each level so folks can figure out how best to distribute their stardust. Might be a more extensive spreadsheet that requires keeping track of everyone's levels as well, but...!

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
It is the case, but idk, it might be handy to know how much CP each Pokemon can have when their trainer is at each level so folks can figure out how best to distribute their stardust. Might be a more extensive spreadsheet that requires keeping track of everyone's levels as well, but...!

Yes, CP can be updated according to trainer level as well.

SugarComa

In addition to trainer level, I've read that there's a correlation between the max CP achievable and the size/weight of the Pokemon (XS/XL).
Would that data be worth capturing as well?

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Pokemon caught:Eevee
CP:223
Trainer Level:8

Pokemon caught:Arcanine
CP:291

The CP on the pokemon I encounter immediately started spiking at higher levels after I reached level eight. The highest I was reaching for the previous 3 levels was around ~190-ish at most. Also worth noting, those pokemon in the 190 range previously had their semicircle two thirds filled, now they're down to half. So recording the semicircle's progress along with trainer level would certainly help with this.

That Eevee turned into a 605 Vaporeon after evolving if you want to start collecting data on the CP increase from evolving too.

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
CP:223

Pokemon caught:Arcanine
CP:291

The CP on the pokemon I encounter immediately started spiking at higher levels after I reached level eight. The highest I was reaching for the previous 3 levels was around ~190-ish at most. Also worth noting, those pokemon in the 190 range previously had their semicircle two thirds filled, now they're down to half. So recording the semicircle's progress along with trainer level would certainly help with this.

That Eevee turned into a 605 Vaporeon after evolving if you want to start collecting data on the CP increase from evolving too.

I've added both of these into CPMax for that particular level. I do not think there is a possibility of a higher CP encounter at this stage.

And, I guess Vaporeon's CP directly depends upon the CP of Eevee, so I'll add it for now.

[Edit]

I also caught a Spearow:
CP:123
TL:7

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Alright, sorry for double posting but I needed to post here. I found a 10CP Pidgey in my area, even though I am at TL9. So, if anyone can confirm that min CP is 10 for every trainer level it would be fantastic.

To the Mods: Sorry for double posting, but, I felt this was important and probably editing my post would not have gotten anyone's attention. I hope it's alright.

Vape-oreon

we get it u vape
Yes, the minimum is 10CP, since the beginning it is either 10CP or above.

Also, IF the CP can always be raised each time you level up then that's great news because I feel like I'm wasting a lot of Stardust when I catch the same Pokemon but with higher CP.. (Well, still kind of am, but at least I can keep training a specific Pokemon with moves I actually want).

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Yes, the minimum is 10CP, since the beginning it is either 10CP or above.

Also, IF the CP can always be raised each time you level up then that's great news because I feel like I'm wasting a lot of Stardust when I catch the same Pokemon but with higher CP.. (Well, still kind of am, but at least I can keep training a specific Pokemon with moves I actually want).

Very well. Thank you. I shall edit the spreadsheet accordingly.

And, yes, every time you level up, the Pokemon you find in wild will have a chance of having a higher CP. For example, the other day, I found a 22CP Fearow and 123CP Spearow.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Very well. Thank you. I shall edit the spreadsheet accordingly.

And, yes, every time you level up, the Pokemon you find in wild will have a chance of having a higher CP. For example, the other day, I found a 22CP Fearow and 123CP Spearow.

I am actually fairly new to the three days of pokemon go which I am at level 6 which I get pokemon now at cp at 135 but then I get a few that are cp 10 still I am not sure if the level has to do anything with it. I think its practically random as heck what you catch.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
I am actually fairly new to the three days of pokemon go which I am at level 6 which I get pokemon now at cp at 135 but then I get a few that are cp 10 still I am not sure if the level has to do anything with it. I think its practically random as heck what you catch.

Yes, minimum is 10 for every level. But, I think a Pokemon's max CP depends upon the level of the trainer. I just hit TL9 today and I've been getting very high CP Pokemon, like 120CP Zubat and 123CP Spearow and a 93CP Caterpie.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yes, minimum is 10 for every level. But, I think a Pokemon's max CP depends upon the level of the trainer. I just hit TL9 today and I've been getting very high CP Pokemon, like 120CP Zubat and 123CP Spearow and a 93CP Caterpie.

well I am at trainer level 6 which I hit that normally occasionally I will hit lower then 100 so I don't know if the level has to do anything with it but I will get back to you if I see something different about the cp levels.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
well I am at trainer level 6 which I hit that normally occasionally I will hit lower then 100 so I don't know if the level has to do anything with it but I will get back to you if I see something different about the cp levels.

Yes, please, thank you. And, at level 6, you can hit anywhere from a low of 10 to a particular max of around 100(?)-120(?)

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
CP:197

Pokemon caught:Clefairy
CP:237

CP:261
Trainer Level:9

Pokemon caught:Fearow
CP:316

Only listing the extra high one's. Still finding minimum CP pokemon on occasion, but pokemon in the mid-100's range are becoming far more common.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm level 17 and have been catching pokemon up in the 500 - 700 range. So far I have not found anything above 750.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
CP:197

Pokemon caught:Clefairy
CP:237

CP:261

Pokemon caught:Fearow
CP:316

Only listing the extra high one's. Still finding minimum CP pokemon on occasion, but pokemon in the mid-100's range are becoming far more common.

Added. Thank you for your help.

I'm level 17 and have been catching pokemon up in the 500 - 700 range. So far I have not found anything above 750.

YOu're at level 17, which will be a very good thing for us. Could you please individually list Pokemon that you catch with their CP?

NotABeginningTrainer

TL11
Venonat
CP 318
How's this compare to what others have found? Also, it takes 1300 stardust and 2 venonat candy to power up.