• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Combat Point (CP) Range: (Community Contribution)

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Nothing new for myself, but my sister, who just reached level 8, caught a 200 CP Eevee and evolved it, raising it's CP to 403. I bring this up because my own Eevee I obtained and evolved at level 8 went from 223 to 605. So unless the algorithm that determines the CP gain from evolution is completely random (which I doubt), that could mean a CP difference of 23 (or slightly less than powering up an Eevee twice) translates into a difference of 202 after evolving (or roughly the same as powering up an Eeveelution 5 times).

So contrary to the common advice, it actually might be far better to power up your pokemon before evolution, not after.

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
Trainer level is 18, just caught a Seaking (CP:740) and a Seadra (CP:847) I have also found the following starting forms; Bulbasaur (CP: 451) Eevee (CP:488) Venonat (CP:431) Oddish (CP:369)

Nothing new for myself, but my sister, who just reached level 8, caught a 200 CP Eevee and evolved it, raising it's CP to 403. I bring this up because my own Eevee I obtained and evolved at level 8 went from 223 to 605. So unless the algorithm that determines the CP gain from evolution is completely random (which I doubt), that could mean a CP difference of 23 (or slightly less than powering up an Eevee twice) translates into a difference of 202 after evolving (or roughly the same as powering up an Eeveelution 5 times).

So contrary to the common advice, it actually might be far better to power up your pokemon before evolution, not after.

i have noticed this as well. I did it with a Pidgey as an experiment. I cought 2 Pidgeys with CP:175. Boosted one of them to 250 and left the other. Evolved them, and got a Pidgeotto 408, Pidgeotto 622. Further evolutions took them to Pidgeot 674, Pidgeot 1020. So, i think the algorithm takes trainer level and CP of the unevolved pokemon into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
Added all. Thank you guys for your help. The spreadsheet is starting to come together but a lot of blank spaces are there. I would really like to get this spreadsheet filled up before they throw more Pokemon out.

what all is needed?

NewSchoolBoxer

My brother, who frequents different forums, claimed to read a post that all final stage pokemon can reach the cap of 2000 cp given enough boosts. The player needs to be at least level 20. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'd think knowing the maximum cp value would make expected cp gain calculations easier and, by extension, determining the total dust and candy needed to reach max level.

I found this from a level 28 player on Reddit: http://imgur.com/a/t4YSS 2268 cp and 4 Gyarados!
The level 25 original poster maxed two Lapras at 2086 and 1974 cp and said the cap goes up about 60 a level.
So in conclusion, the cp cap is approximately 2000 at level 20 but does go up on each level. I want to say the cap is the same for each final evolved form pokemon but I have no proof of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewSchoolBoxer

Are you all aware of the research done for CP gained for each boost and the calculation of your pokemon's hidden level that determines what boosts cost?

CP Tier List
Internal Levels and Stardust Calculations

Those links are crazy helpful and also help explain the Pidgey -> Pidgeotto and Eevee -> Jolteon / Vaporeon disparity. Boosting Eevee for +17 CP gets the evolution multiplier but most likely is equivalent to boosting after evolution because you could have gotten +40 for Vaporeon or +30 for Jolteon.

No claim is made that player level matters when boosting or evolving except for the max CP / max internal level.

NewSchoolBoxer

A user on Reddit posted a link to the GAME_MASTER_v0_1.protobuf which is very useful. Proves legendary birds, Mew, Mewtwo and Ditto are coded in the game but all but Ditto lack capture rates. Surely this means they will be available by special events and it's easy to speculate Ditto being South America-exclusive when the game gets released there.

Nothing about lures but incense is spelled out nicely:

Items
TemplateId: "ITEM_INCENSE_ORDINARY"
Item
UniqueId: 401
ItemType: ITEM_TYPE_INCENSE
Category: ITEM_CATEGORY_INCENSE
Incense
IncenseLifetimeSeconds: 1800
StandingTimeBetweenEncountersSec: 300
MovingTimeBetweenEncounterSec: 60
DistanceRequiredForShorterIntervalMeters: 200

That's 7.5 mph / 12 kmh to go the minimum distance once a minute to get a new pokemon to spawn. Standing still, that's once per 5 minutes.

Max player level seems to be 100. I was hoping it would be 30.

The base stats are crucial in figuring out how evolution works because it is the additive effect with evolving being the multiplier. Bulbasaur for instance:

Stats
BaseStamina: 90
BaseAttack: 126
BaseDefense: 126

Stamina would obviously be HP or proportional to it. I didn't expect there to be hidden Attack and Defense values for each pokemon for a casual game, but not surprising that there are more factors than CP at work. There is much evidence that the evolving multiplier is affected by player level, which is easy to understand since it clearly affects a pokemon's max CP value.

BladeForge

Happy Person
I don't exactly remember what CP it was, but I caught a Pidgeot around a bit more than 100 CP, despite the fact that I was only at level 4.(Or 3, I cant remember) I was driving home from Tae Kwon Do practice, and on the way home, 6 pokemon all popped up,right next to each other. Is this normal? The Pidgeot Was one of them.

Rakurai

Any Pokemon can have a CP ranging from as low as 10 to only a few points away from their max for your current level.

All of my pre-evolved catches have had lower CPs then their unevolved counterparts, personally.

NewSchoolBoxer

I don't exactly remember what CP it was, but I caught a Pidgeot around a bit more than 100 CP, despite the fact that I was only at level 4.(Or 3, I cant remember) I was driving home from Tae Kwon Do practice, and on the way home, 6 pokemon all popped up,right next to each other. Is this normal? The Pidgeot Was one of them.

I shopped at Wal-Mart with no poke balls but kept the game on to hatch eggs. On my way out, there were 7 pokemon on the screen. The max at once from what I saw from the protobuf file is 10. You can encounter any evolved pokemon in the wild but as Rakurai points out, it will be at a low CP level. I suppose this compensates for saving candy to evolve, you need dust instead to make it strong. I disagree in that all pokemon can have 10 CP. Metapod and Kakuna can since they're not stronger than their base versions. CP can go down for them. I caught a 28 CP Rapidash that has its gauge for the semi circle all the way to the left. It's either what you get from evolving a 10 CP Ponyta or very close to it.

My understanding that you get the CP ??? on pokemon that are very close to their max for your level. Capturing circle is always orange or red for me. I've read people claim that all new pokemon have the ??? but that's untrue. My first Seel I caught at level 12 showed its CP, as did the Rapidash.

Ithanul

One I found in Wally World today. Area: Dothan, AL South side Wal-Mart

Pokemon caught:Bulbasaur
CP:302
Trainer Level:12

Some others I found:

Pokemon caught:Eevee
CP:350

Pokemon caught:Bellsprout
CP:342