• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Competitive Metagame Discussion

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
^I'm referring to Shoddy for Jirachi.

As far as Ambipom is concerned, how useful is he in the OU tier? If I'm not mistaken, he's in the UU tier, right?

christiandeath77

You gotta crush em'.
I think Ambipom is OU, I'll check later.

I'm actually glad Heatran usage is down.My Celebi doesnt like it much, and personally I just don't like it.

Can't Starmie outrun Mixape?

And an Ice Shard from Mamoswine or Weavile will handle Mence, provided they come in after Mence has KO'd a pokemon before so Intimidate is already used.

randomspot555

^I'm referring to Shoddy for Jirachi.

I haven't looked at Shoddy stats in a while, but I've heard that Trick Scarf Jirachi being used by a number of Shoddy players that I know.

As far as Ambipom is concerned, how useful is he in the OU tier? If I'm not mistaken, he's in the UU tier, right?

How useful he is is just what role you want it to fill. An Anti-lead set of Ambipom's can do stuff that Anti-Lead Ape and Anti-Lead Weavile can't, and vice versa. If you can live without SR being set up right away, then maybe it's a better choice over Infernape. If you don't want your anti-lead to U-Turn out, then Weavile might be the better choice.

Now a Choice Band set is great for UU, but probably isn't too viable in OU. That's a general rule of thumb for most UU. A few sets are viable in OU, but most are outdone by OU tiered Pokes.

Can't Starmie outrun Mixape?

It's not the fear of outrunning it, but being able to directly counter it, since Starmie fears Grassknot.

Undecided

Collector
With the tiers, if you refer to smogon (As many do, it seems), Ambipom is UU, but only because of its Abse stats. Its ability of being unpredictable comes up when deciding on tiers, though.

What's good about Mixape? I've never heard of it before (I assume it's a primeape that's mixed stats, but still never heard of it)

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
What's good about Mixape? I've never heard of it before (I assume it's a primeape that's mixed stats, but still never heard of it)

<3

Actually, it's an Infernape with EV's on both sides of the attack spectrum. Very handy.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I say Mixape is useless (in my terms of battling) compared to a all out attacker or special attacker.

Mixape is so predictable these days.....

randomspot555

I say Mixape is useless (in my terms of battling) compared to a all out attacker or special attacker.

Mixape is so predictable these days.....

Mixape is far from useless. It's by far the most popular set for Infernape. Just because you can't utilize it successfully doesn't mean it's useless.

Lol thank you. I forgot about Infernape (Ah, the uselessness of I).

Blaziken, I think is better. A Mixiken?

Blazkiken is kept down because of it's average speed, whereas Infernape has a unique speed tier. Also, no Close Combat.

It's a fine mixed attacker in UU. But it can't function as...well, almost anything it could do in OU Infernape does it better.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Sorry to return to the topic of Trickscarf Jirachi, but I think it's by far the best lead. It basically screws up anything not named Heatran and other Jirachis. He prevents Baton Passers from setting up, halts Stat-Uppers, and messes up slow leads like Hippowdon and Bronzong.

Also, Will-o-wisp seems to be a life-saver for me. I have no fear of Scizor with Rotom-h running it.