• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Connection, Separation, Forgiveness, Despair

yeminied

Hello! This is my first real attempt at writing a fan fic as all of my others have ended in failure.

This story starts off with a young boy named Mark on holiday with his family and friends when he witnesses the fight of his life with his own two eyes. Mark must deal with the separation of friends of his own and his first Pokemon, he must forgive and handle the curse his father has unwilling laid on him, the despair of the phobia he has gained and working out the connection between him and a certain Pokemon all the while working towards the goal he has set himself with his two friends.

Boy this sounds nothing like what I could write.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism I know the experienced members of SPPf have for me but please, have some common sense, if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

If you guys like it I will try to update frequently, we'll see what life and school has for me.

Pokemon: Connection, Separation, Forgiveness, Despair

Chapter One: A Fateful Encounter

‘Can we go play now?’ the three friends called out in unison.

‘I don’t know,’ said Nick’s father Ty, ‘You three were being naughty before. What do you think, J?’

‘Why not, as long as they don’t go too far nothing bad could happen, right, Ty?’ said Mark’s father Joshua.

‘Yeah, I suppose, just don’t go too far or else there’ll be trouble, remember last time you went wondering off on your own, Nick? We spent the whole afternoon looking for you.’

‘Yeah, yeah, OK, let’s go, come on guys,’ Nick said as he ran off down the road. Mark and Elise followed Nick until they caught up with him, a few miles down the path.

‘Where do you think we should go?’ Mark said, a little out of breath from the quick run. Mark was a small, nine year old boy, a little short for his age. He had dark blond hair, the fringe hanging just above his eyebrows. He had light skin and a small amount of freckles under each eye.

‘I know, we could go to the big cliff just out of Lilycove City, you can see the whole of Lilycove City and far out into the sea and along the beach, it’s supposed to be really pretty,’ said Elise, a dark skinned nine year old girl with long curly hair.

‘Sounds like a plan, let’s go!’ said Nick, a tall, lanky 10 year old boy with brown hair that hung down to his shoulders. With that the three of them ran down to the cliff outside of Lilycove City with Elise in the lead.

Before long the three friends made it to the cliff with a giant white rock, perfectly round, sitting near the edge of the cliff.

‘Wow, this place is beautiful,’ Mark said in awe, his eyes fixed on the view.

‘Hey guys, feel how smooth this rock is, it’s like a giant shiny marble,’ Elise said, running her hands along the smooth surface.

The three friends stood where they were when Mark said suddenly ‘Nick and Elise.’

‘Yeah?’ Elise said softly.

‘What are your dreams for the future? I want to travel the world being the best person I can be while gathering a team of six Pokemon to help them find their inner strength. That would be the most fun in the world, I think.’ Mark said.

‘Really?’ Elise asked. ‘I want to be a Frontier Brain and be the strongest trainer ever. I would love for girls to look up to me and get inspiration to be strong as well. What about you, Nick?’

‘I want to be a gym leader, challenged all the time from budding trainers while getting stronger myself, that’s my dream,’ Nick said with a strong tone in his voice

‘Well let’s swear by it over this rock here, me a Pokemon breeder, Elise, a Frontier Brain and Nick, a Gym Leader. The three gathered around the giant white rock, put their right hands in together and shouted, ‘one, two, three, for us!’

Right when their hands parted a huge earthquake rocked the cliff face. Then a giant explosion as a huge dust cloud came rushing out from beneath them. The small white clouds in the sky disappeared and the sun started beating down from above. The three kids froze immediately, anxious for what was about to happen. As the dust began to clear a gigantic red monster with white spikes protruding from its sides came out from the rock. Nick and Elise bolted, running for their lives but Mark just stood where he was, still frozen there.

Elise ran back to Mark. ‘Mark come on, we need to go!’ she shouted while yanking on his arm. But Mark didn’t move. ‘Please!’ she shouted but gave up pulling and ran the same way Nick had.

Mark’s eyes widened at the site of the giant monster. His entire inside was chilled to the bone despite the sun beating down on his back. The giant red monster roared. It roared an ear shattering roar that caused Mark’s body to shake. His brain wanted him to move, to run to safety but his body would not move, absolutely frozen on the spot.

As the monster’s roar faded a huge gap in the sea appeared and a second monster came out of the sea. This monster was a giant blue sea monster with a white underside and red markings on the two gigantic fins on its sides. This monster too released an ear shattering roar leaving Mark’s ears ringing. Once this thing had revealed itself huge black clouds came rushing in from nowhere letting off a huge downpour of massive rain drops that lashed Mark’s face, the rain feeling like icy cold knives stabbing his face.

But even with these two behemoths in front of him Mark didn’t move. His eyes rapidly darted from the first monster to the second, his body now shaking from head to toe, absolutely petrified.

The two monsters let off a battle cry and started charging an all powerful attack. An orange colored ball started charging up in the red monsters mouth while a blue and white ball was charging up in the sea monsters massive gaping mouth. Both beams were let off at the same time colliding with each other letting loose a huge bone breaking explosion. A powerful gust of wind whipped back Mark’s hair but still he stayed where he was.

Again the two monsters charged up the same attack as last time and once again the attacks collided whipping Mark’s hair back once again. After the second explosion the ground under Mark’s feet started shaking. Mark managed a small step backwards but tripped over landing on the rocks beneath. His backside should have hurt seeing as he had just landed on small, pointy rocks but he didn’t feel the pain. His body was being pumped full of adrenaline as his heart pounded faster than it ever had before.

The two monsters let off the loudest of roars yet leaving Mark’s ears ringing once more. The ringing subsided as the two creatures stopped moving as they recharged from the two immensely strong attacks they had just used.

Then the rain stopped. The clouds disappeared. The sun was no longer so harsh and a huge white light appeared from above the two monsters and out of that light came a huge green snake flying seemingly magically slithering through the air. The monsters in the sea and on the land charged up for their third attack and the green snake in the sky flew down in between them. A bright yellow-white light shone from the yellow lines running along the length of the green Pokemon’s body.

Mark sat where he was watching as the carnage unfolded in total shock and awe now unable to move a single muscle in his body scared out of his mind when the green snake’s massive yellow eye made contact with Mark’s. Mark felt warm and loose inside, like he had known this creature for his entire life, still he sat where he was frozen on the spot, an undeniable connection between the green snake Pokemon and himself.