1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Conquest: Did You Enjoy It?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by FullmetalJackie, May 15, 2018.

1. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

For me Pokemon Conquest is up there with the likes of Pokemon Ranger as my favorite spin-off Pokemon game. What's your opinion?

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Of the spin-off games that I've played, this one was simply decent. I liked the change of pace from PMD and Ranger, and the inclusion of Isshu Pokemon was fantastic, yet the post-game content was lacking.

3. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

I thought it was good, I still play it occasionally but some levels were annoying for the unskippable time consuming scenes of the landscape obstacles changing. It'd be nice if we could simply speed it up instead of waiting for each object to move...

I;d still pay to play a sequel though, but hopefully with greater difficulty.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I'd love to play a sequel of this game since despite the flaws of the original, I still liked the concept, particularly the sprites and the feudal Japan theme.

MockingJ and Kage-Pikachu like this.
  5. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

From what I remember I was fine with the gameplay and the main story. The only thing that I loathe is the fact it forces you into playing other characters/scenarios in the endgame. After it did that I stopped playing because I wanted to use my own character and Pokemon.

6. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

I liked it. I think it was the only spinoff game, other than Colosseum, I have finished so far. I don't remember how far I got in PMD Blue Rescue Team back in the day, but I'm pretty sure I didn't finish it.

7. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Overall, I enjoyed Conquest. It isn't my favourite spinoff - I prefer the exploration and battle systems in the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games, for instance - but I got a lot of playtime out of it back when it was new.

One thing I really liked about the game was how the Ransei region was divided into kingdoms based on Types, with each kingdom having a cool name. When I was younger, I always imagined dividing the main series regions up into kingdoms/states/whatever, so I liked having a game that actually did that.

8. MockingJ

MockingJ Well-Known Member

I never finished Conquest since I lost my game, but from what I remember it was fun and better than the PMD games at the very least.