• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Conquest Discussion

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
People

1. Main Series games are almost always revealed in April for release in September. I honestly don't get why you all expect each game reveal to be one
2. This game being a crossover is more a media term. It is just like how Pokémon and Mystery Dungeon combined (Pokémon with Mystery Dungeon gameplay) and this is Pokémon with Nobunaga's Ambition gameplay (yes the same characters, but those are set in history.

You're all taking things to extremes. This really is no different to what they previously have done

Missingno.Fan

I got to be honest with you all. I have never heard of Nobunaga Ambition for the life of me. When I first heard of this game I didn't know it was a crossover. Well in any case I don't think I will be getting this one.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I got to be honest with you all. I have never heard of Nobunaga Ambition for the life of me. When I first heard of this game I didn't know it was a crossover. Well in any case I don't think I will be getting this one.

Me neither. I knew the gameplay looked familiar but I didn't know what it started from.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Nobunaga's Ambition, for those that don't know, is a series of historical strategy games created by Koei, kind of like Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.

So this is going to be Pokemon meets Koei... Well, I guess if this does succeed, a NIS Pokemon game might not be as far-fetched as I previously thought... I really can't give an accurate opinion on this one though. I'll have to see it first.

Halkel

Experimentalist
Nobunaga's Ambition, for those that don't know, is a series of historical strategy games created by Koei, kind of like Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.

So this is going to be Pokemon meets Koei... Well, I guess if this does succeed, a NIS Pokemon game might not be as far-fetched as I previously thought... I really can't give an accurate opinion on this one though. I'll have to see it first.

Pokemon x Disgaea? That will still depend on if the two companies are willing to co-operate. I get what you're saying though.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
They made PMD Red Rescue Team for GBA when the DS was out. Granted Blue was also avalible for the DS as well but still, I don't see why this game can't be released overseas.

This game looks interesting, but I have to wait for more information to become available before I make any comments.

SuperEpicRock

I'm really looking forward to it. I like pokemon games that aren't the standard catch pokes/battle gyms/etc. I loved pokemon ranger and the mystery dungeon games.

However, it does have the possibility of being an epic fail if not done right. I hope to hear more about it soon!

Melsurigan

Iron Fist of Despair
This looks like Sengoku Basara meets Advanced Wars. Worth a shot, at the least, but is the Pokemon crossover really necessary?

Can't want to see whether or not it sucks.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Pokemon x whatisthat....

A Pokemon SRPG....is a new idea. I likely won't be getting it, but let's see how it turns out.

srullic

I was hoping they will announce Gray early, so I'm a bit disappointed. Looks like Gray will be released on September in japan, and on March in the US.
I think this game will be released outside of japan. Otherwise there will be a year-long gap of no new games between Pokepark2 and Gray. Unless they plan on releasing another game, which is an even more exciting possibility.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
An unusual announcement, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. I've always loved strategy games, and I'm sure this one will be no different.

xXBlazeDiamondXx

I finally did it!
I like the idea of samurai warriors mixing with Pokemon. It would be even cooler with the style of one of the main games, preferably B&W. :D

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
- Irrelevant. The DS still has a massive install base, and DS games are 1. Cheaper to produce and 2. Playable by the 3DS install base.
- Irrelevant. Emerald and Mystery Dungeon were released while the GBA was dying.
- Every Pokemon game requires translation. This is no different. They won't have to rewrite it if they accept the fact that this is a niche SRPG and market it towards teens/adults (the horror!)
- Irrelevant. Who heard of Mystery Dungeon games before PMD came out? Pokemon in the title is enough to sell millions of copies.

From a business point of view, it would make perfect sense to bring this over. It's the first decent looking spin-off since PMD 2.5. It will help milk the DS for its final drops. It will introduce a lot of younger fans to SRPGs, which will have a domino effect for games like Fire Emblem. Despite popular belief by the fandumb, this game will NOT take away from other Pokemon titles. Hundreds of people work on Pokemon games, and I highly doubt that they only work on one game at a time. It's likely that this was in the works for a while, hence it being for the DS. And it's not completely worthless for Westerners like that "Learn to type in English" game.

This just made my day! You seem to be the only person to put hope into an English release.

Keyword here dying there will be some game release in January and February but it won't in big numbers and as the years goes on there will be less and less game being made and release on the DS while the 3DS library will be growing.

;080; DUH!!! ;080;

Why you so slow, bro?

We're all aware that the DS is dying, but the game system was Nintendo's stroke of genius. They can still get a lot of money out of the DS by releasing big games from big companies, and this all works because DS games can be played on the 3DS, much like the Wii and Gamecube games (I still play Pikmin 1 & 2 and the Pokemon titles). The 3DS is really just a remake, something I personally am not that interested in, to be honest.

In my theory it was that Mewtwo was not in fact a genetically-enhanced mew, but a Pokemon in its own right. The scientist merely made the mistake that it was Mew because of their close relations. Also I was not confusing Pokemon evolution with Darwin's. I theorized that Mewtwo used to evolve into Mew, like any other Pokemon evolves. Sure mewtwo looks larger and such compared to Mew, which just shows that the theory is likely not true. Which it is, a theory. I don't mean for this to be taken too seriously, it was just an interesting speculation my brother and I thought up. I understand that my theory is likely not the truth, but we were just thinking of some possibilities in why mewtwo was there in the first place.

Rather than post a long, meaningless theory that really has no connection to the game whatsoever, why not work with the facts? If Mewtwo is a man-made Pokemon (who happens to share my birthday :) ), then there normally wouldn't be one in existence in this time. But perhaps one managed to get to the past by time travel? The reasoning for a Mewtwo in the past may even be explained in the game's storyline for all we know. I would let it go until the game comes out and see whether or nor they leave us in the dark on the subject.

I am severely disappointed it wasn't Mystery Dungeon 3, we really need it ASAP!.

No, no we do not. Mystery Dungeon has already been done so many times (that goes for Ranger, too), so it's about time we had a new spin-off, and I really love the concept for this one.

The same goes for me. The most common question everyone in the internet thought about this was, "What the hell is Nobunaga Amibition."

You can just Google it or look it up on Wikipedia...

P.S. people, it's Nobunaga's Ambition...

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I've never played Nobunaga's Ambition. What's that even like? Kinda looks and reminds me of PMD

BCVM22

The 3DS is really just a remake, something I personally am not that interested in, to be honest.

You could claim this (equally erroneously) about any new hardware, since they're all "really just remake" of what came before them, aren't they?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
1. Main Series games are almost always revealed in April for release in September. I honestly don't get why you all expect each game reveal to be one

Thank you, Serebii! I honestly don't get it either. Maybe people just don't notice or something.

2. This game being a crossover is more a media term. It is just like how Pokémon and Mystery Dungeon combined (Pokémon with Mystery Dungeon gameplay) and this is Pokémon with Nobunaga's Ambition gameplay (yes the same characters, but those are set in history.

TBH, I never knew Mystery Dungeon was a crossover.

I think this game will be released outside of japan. Otherwise there will be a year-long gap of no new games between Pokepark2 and Gray. Unless they plan on releasing another game, which is an even more exciting possibility.

The last time we had an off year, we got several major games (usually we have Mystery Dungeon and Ranger, but those two series are strangely AWOL) IIRC. I'd expect maybe one more game between now and the next main series game (not necessarily Gray, I don't think we can rule out the possibility of a RS remake yet, can we?).

No, no we do not. Mystery Dungeon has already been done so many times (that goes for Ranger, too), so it's about time we had a new spin-off, and I really love the concept for this one.

So? They're popular spinoffs, so why not? Or at least Mystery Dungeon is, the appeal of being a Pokemon instead of commanding one, the darker storyline (I mean who didn't like the whole temporal paralysis plot in 2?), plus it had a bit more of an RPGish feel than the main games. Also, unlike the way Nobunaga's Ambition is looking so far, Mystery Dungeon has a very distinct Pokemonish feel to it, until you guys started talking about it on this thread, I was completely unaware it was a crossover.