• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Conquest Discussion

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
...Yeah, this idea makes a lot of sense. Have you guys ever played any games from the Nobunaga's Ambition franchise? The gameplay is waaaaay too hardcore and complex for your average Pokemon fan to get. And I'm not even trying to be offensive here. You will literally be thrown outside your regular playing field and will feel like a fish out of water. The only reason Pokemon Mystery Dungeon worked so well with the Fushigi no Dungeon gameplay is because it's a roguelike, which generally works well with any fantasy setting.

They will either dumb it down, which will leave fans of Nobunaga's Ambition extremely pissed, or they will keep it as is and the Pokemon fans that have never played a complicated strategy RPG will complain that it's too hard (which is probably a high percentage of western Pokemon fans).

Yes, this will totally work.

Next thing you'll know Tecmo will be crossing Pokemon over with Fatal Frame. EXORCISING GHASTLYS WITH A CAMERA OBSCURA. I CAN'T WAIT.

I'm actually impressed with it. It reminds of battle realms in a way, kind of gives me a basic amount of experience of Nobunaga's gameplay even if I never tried one.

The critical observations and resorts after watchin the youtube and reading your review:

a. I TRULY agree with your point. It is good that you pointed out the playing styles of some of the gamers all over the world. There are instant players who rather act before they think , AKA instant response(action games like Marvel vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat, God of War, Mad World, you name them...), players who favor edutainment (scribblenauts, tetris, Sims, Wii Sports would be examples), players who are managers and strategists that can plan scenarios any time of any kind of scenario whether it is history or fantasy(Nobunaga's Ambition, Fire Emblem, World of Warcraft, Battle Realms, Star Craft, and Civilization reflect these kinds of people), players who militiate with guns (COD, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Gears of war, you name them ...), players who prefer story and literature with exploration (Uncharted series, Pokemon Main Series, The Legend of Zelda series, Digimon series, Final Fantasy Series, you name them...), and many more other styles.

B. The situation of the Game's gameplay is going to be a stalemate. Both fan's POV will be clear for sure. One finds it less of a challenge while the other will most likely ragequit via insane difficulty (yes. that's my first experience with fire emblem shadow dragon and battle realms. But I got over it and been loving strategy too, second to My favorite genre of RPG). Seriously, I'm now practicing Radiant Dawn of FE in normal difficulty, to where I'm stuck on prison right now.

C. IF THEY ARE RELEASING 2 VERSIONS LIKE THE PMD, this could be a chance to have one side play the Nobunaga difficulty while the other one has pokemon difficulty and unlock it's opposite after a certain achievement. Most like impossible to happen in my opinion.

d. So, now I come to the possibility of mending 2 gamestyles: a 'turn based strategy - RPG' pokemon with a 'Command 1000 army/civilization - strategy' nobunaga's ambition. What could be the speculating possibilities:

1. We may see humans riding flying types firing arrows, or carrying close combat weapons. But it could be like a braviary tossing a geodude to the inner castle and the geo will use explosion in poke terms.

2. We may see swarms of Volbeat and Illumise firing signal beams like arrows. Could be the same to rock types firing Rock blasts and power Gems. Grass types firing bullet seeds.

3. Bug types may use pin missiles like javelins.

4. Psycho Cut, Leaf blade, and X-scissor may play like swords.

5. The psychic types may act as the clerics or (most likely never allowed on N.A. terms) fight like sages and sorcerers.

6. Poison pokemon may plague the city and poison a kingdom's food supply.

7. Fire types may act like the fire arrows.

8. Water type pokemon may act as transportation on water with fellow pokemon on top.

e. When I watched the 2nd PNA(Pokemon+Nobunaga's Ambition) trailer, it somehow mended Mystery dungeon + Fire Emblem + Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition + Final Fantasy Tactics gameplay. Huge similarities when each cutscene is divided.

f. The contradiction: Could it be Pokemon's time to join forces with a New ally (Nobunaga's Ambition) who sides on bloody war to control and unite Japan as a whole? (Wow Philippines never had this before the spanish came via 7107 islands).
Look, 2011 is Zelda's 25 anniversary and Pokemon's 15th anniversary. I think their anniversary gave toei the need to share their reputation together.

With all this bickering going on this way and that about "This game is gonna suck!" or "This game is gonna rule!", and the various debates about how these two vastly different series mesh together, I think an important question has been overlooked.

As long as it's fun and has good gameplay, is there any reason not to like it? It'd be a truely petty reason not to like it just because it's a crossover title with a series that admittedly few have heard of (Which is a shame, Nobunaga's Ambition is incredibly deep.) and don't give a fair chance to. Let's reserve judgement for when the game is actually available in Japan or in the US, shall we?

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
With all this bickering going on this way and that about "This game is gonna suck!" or "This game is gonna rule!", and the various debates about how these two vastly different series mesh together, I think an important question has been overlooked.

As long as it's fun and has good gameplay, is there any reason not to like it? It'd be a truly petty reason not to like it just because it's a crossover title with a series that admittedly few have heard of (Which is a shame, Nobunaga's Ambition is incredibly deep.) and don't give a fair chance to. Let's reserve judgement for when the game is actually available in Japan or in the US, shall we?

Of course my review is on how I observe at first. But of course we know that some of us love to speculate with the amount of knowledge and experience that web had as gamers of any race. If it can deliver their fun and challenge level, this may release a new crossroad to a widespread audience. ( a gut feeling that adults and teenagers may reconsider buying other than the main series that is fun and challenging. Just like how diamond brought back the adults to how serious mathematic lessons to use EVs and IVs in competitive)

If you've seen my review above your post, I had mixed speculation of both positive and negative debaters. I review whatever they try to release but not on full answers yet. Which is why I patiently wait on how the crossover game impact us. Every advertisement that they show can be reflected to must of us as a puzzle that they are constructing for us and let us figure on how it will turn out

Somehow like kingdom Hearts' case in early development that fans of both sides are having similar to arguments that we have now (correct me if I'm wrong. But I bet mixing a childish field of disney with a teenage hot looking characters of final fantasy are a tough mesh that became successful in the day of release. Look at sora, he had some color of the disney while donald and goofy and mickey had a some stronger teenage (possibly adult) personality and fighting skills). Just like how real people of Nobunaga meets fantasy pokemon creatures tying to Unite Japan under your/Nobunaga's name

Of course my review is on how I observe at first. But of course we know that some of us love to speculate with the amount of knowledge and experience that web had as gamers of any race. If it can deliver their fun and challenge level, this may release a new crossroad to a widespread audience. ( a gut feeling that adults and teenagers may reconsider buying other than the main series that is fun and challenging. Just like how diamond brought back the adults to how serious mathematic lessons to use EVs and IVs in competitive)

If you've seen my review above your post, I had mixed speculation of both positive and negative debaters. I review whatever they try to release but not on full answers yet. Which is why I patiently wait on how the crossover game impact us. Every advertisement that they show can be reflected to must of us as a puzzle that they are constructing for us and let us figure on how it will turn out

Somehow like kingdom Hearts' case in early development that fans of both sides are having similar to arguments that we have now (correct me if I'm wrong. But I bet mixing a childish field of disney with a teenage hot looking characters of final fantasy are a tough mesh that became successful in the day of release. Look at sora, he had some color of the disney while donald and goofy and mickey had a some stronger teenage (possibly adult) personality and fighting skills). Just like how real people of Nobunaga meets fantasy pokemon creatures tying to Unite Japan under your/Nobunaga's name

Kingdom Hearts is a very good comparison to this mesh up. It could end up being spectacular like the Super Robot Taisen series (Even though Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition are on two complete different ends of the spectrum). If anyone hasn't played a Koei game like Nobunaga's Ambition, the closest thing to it is Romance of the Three Kingdoms. You can pick it up on the iOS App Store for a pittance and see what it's all about. It's deep and quite fun. Think of it in somewhat of the same vein as civilization except with emphasis more on conquest.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Kingdom Hearts is a very good comparison to this mesh up. It could end up being spectacular like the Super Robot Taisen series (Even though Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition are on two complete different ends of the spectrum). If anyone hasn't played a Koei game like Nobunaga's Ambition, the closest thing to it is Romance of the Three Kingdoms. You can pick it up on the iOS App Store for a pittance and see what it's all about. It's deep and quite fun. Think of it in somewhat of the same vein as civilization except with emphasis more on conquest.

Thanks for the advice but no Iphone yet for me...
Curse you Ferdinand Marcos for turning a US dollar to a price of 50 pesos! *Okay, ignore this semi swearing of my own country"

Alezicarus

Correct me if I am waaaay wrong, but the game kinda reminds me a little bit of advanced wars and games like that. I didn't know anything about the series before this. So does it play slightly like those games or am I completely off the mark?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
To me, this is the worst pokemon spin-off game I have seen, I am not gonna buy this because the gameplay doesn't look good and I have no idea what Nobunaga Ambition is but I hate that it crossed over with pokemon. It should had been a Mystery Dungeon, Ranger or some other spin-off or a main series game. I rate this 0/10.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
To me, this is the worst pokemon spin-off game I have seen, I am not gonna buy this because the gameplay doesn't look good and I have no idea what Nobunaga Ambition is but I hate that it crossed over with pokemon. It should had been a Mystery Dungeon, Ranger or some other spin-off or a main series game. I rate this 0/10.

Thank you for judging something that hasn't even come out yet.

I'm sure your opinion on something that we barely know about really matters.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Thank you for judging something that hasn't even come out yet.

I'm sure your opinion on something that we barely know about really matters.

All I am saying is that the game doesn't appeal to me because it crosses over with another game I never heard of. And you are right, it is just my opinion, I am just expressing how I feel about this kind of game.

BCVM22

All I am saying is that the game doesn't appeal to me because it crosses over with another game I never heard of.

That you say this but then complain that "It should had [sic] been a Mystery Dungeon" is positively staggering irony.

One would hope you see everything wrong with taking a giant dump on a game for the litany of poor reasons you've listed.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
That you say this but then complain that "It should had [sic] been a Mystery Dungeon" is positively staggering irony.

One would hope you see everything wrong with taking a giant dump on a game for the litany of poor reasons you've listed.

No, Mystery Dungeon was fine with me cause its gameplay appeal to me and my reasons are not poor, I just don't like the look of the game and gameplay of it.

BCVM22

No, Mystery Dungeon was fine with me cause its gameplay appeal to me

You're missing the point entirely. The PMD games are, conceptually, exactly what P + NA is: the fusing of Pokémon and another, unrelated series of games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Dungeon

That's why it's ironic and poorly-founded that you would decry P + NA on the basis of being a crossover with another series.

and my reasons are not poor

Except for all of them, sure.

I just don't like the look of the game and gameplay of it.

And that's fine, but that does not equate in the slightest to the dumping you're electing to do on the game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
You're missing the point entirely. The PMD games are, conceptually, exactly what P + NA is: the fusing of Pokémon and another, unrelated series of games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Dungeon

That's why it's ironic and poorly-founded that you would decry P + NA on the basis of being a crossover with another series.

Except for all of them, sure.

And that's fine, but that does not equate in the slightest to the dumping you're electing to do on the game.

Well we can all agree to disagree, I have no problem with mystery dungeon but I still dislike this new game, my opinion of course.

epic man

STOP ACTA EVERYWHERE
I think that it will be a "good" game, but VERY hardcore as has been said before, but i think that they will low-er the hardness due to nintendo "thinking" the avarge age of every pokemon player is 5 :/ but i think it will still be hard :p i really hope that, i like games that arn't just COD and you have to know the buttons, have the ability to shoot the right side of a barn and train for like 2 hours. i hate these games but games like: nobunga ambition, mega man (the most pure test of a true gamer), some legend of zelda games, and much more!

the 2 thinks i hope and expect are: VERY hard diffaculty and ffun gameplay :p

BCVM22

i might get this game but i was realy dissapointed when they announced this instead of a main series game which i had thought they were going to announce

That's on you. Most anyone could have told you it was a bit too early to expect a core title announcement.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
I don't quite understand, why many people keep saying PMD series is a crossover, where it was actually not. It only adapts the gameplay system of a Mystery Dungeon, which is a sub-genre of RPG. The game still contains only Pokemon as characters, nothing else.

However, P+NA is really a crossover, where it crosses the idea of the world of Pokemon with the idea of the world of feudal Japan as in Nobunaga's Ambition or The Romance of the Three Kindgoms.

"Crossover" generally means the crossing of the conceptional idea, mostly visible in the story plot. It never means the genre of the gameplay.