• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Contest Help/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim

Crazy Trainer
Zera said:
ok, i've got my suicune from LG over in my emerald version and i'm blasting through the contests with easy, i handily win the master rank in beauty, with over 4 red hearts in the final judging and tallying thing, and 7-8 gold stars. like i said, won, but the painter wont paint it, its frustrating! could it be because i traded it from my emerald to anothe emerald that ihas awesome pokeblocks, and used those, and then traded it back, and then entered? >.<

It should have nothing to do with how you traded it. It is really close to be painted, but it just needs to do better in its appeals.

If you aren't getting painted even with four hearts and seven stars, if my equations are right, you just need to get about 20 more appeal points during your appeals, and you should get it. Just keep at it!

~Gardevoir~Milotic~Lover~ said:
Please help me, i need a Beauty Contest moveset for my Milotic with maxed-out beauty, I only need to win this contest and I'll get my final trainer star

One of my Milotic won the master rank beauty contest -- and was painted. I don't know if my moveset was the best but it works. It's also the one I'm teaching HM moves to, though.

Milotic
Recover
Dive
Surf
Water Pulse

Allison_Park

Try and Touch ME!
I'm not winning a beauty master rank! I have my beauty maxed out. I pull out combos with my pokemon. I don't know what else to do!

Keckleon
Rash Nature
item: Blue Scarf

Attacks
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Rain Dance
Water Pulse

its worked for every other competition and i win by a long shot its just when i do the master rank everyone is better than me!

The Emerald King

<--- it's sad
Allison_Park said:
I'm not winning a beauty master rank! I have my beauty maxed out. I pull out combos with my pokemon. I don't know what else to do!

Keckleon
Rash Nature
item: Blue Scarf

Attacks
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Rain Dance
Water Pulse

its worked for every other competition and i win by a long shot its just when i do the master rank everyone is better than me!

Have you ever considered using a different pokemon? I used a medicham with ice/fire punch and won the competition hands down.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Milotic
Recover
Dive
Surf
Water Pulse
It still won't work! I still don't win

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
For Milotic, better it has Rain Dance, Surf and Dive. They're combos, so it should win easily if you put them in the right order.

EDIT: Oh ya, I have a question. If I have won a master contest and my Pokemon painted, then I won it again with another Pokemon, will it also painted, and if it painted, will it replace the previous one or..?
Tq;192;

Last edited:
R

random_bob

Don't know... all i know is if you win a master rank with a pokemon who already won that contest you get a luxury ball instead
Contests are so easy and boring. i have the glass statue

Slim

Crazy Trainer
Yes, that's happened to me. My Toarkoal got painted for Beauty, and then my Milotic got painted for Beauty, and it replaced the other one. But as I remember, the painter asks you first, so it doesn't have to get replaced, if you don't want to.

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!
^That stinks, I'll maybe have to decide between my Torkoal and my new Squirtle. Now for a question concerning Squirtle. Should I get another move, because it already knows Dive, Surf, and Rain Dance, or just not even worry about it?

FlameTrainer

Jedi Council Member
For tough or cool contests i use my Claydol:

Ancientpower
Cosmic Power
Rock Smash
Hyper Beam

I use it in this order:

Ancientpower
Cosmic Power
Ancientpower
Rock Smash
Hyper Beam

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Is this ok for a Milotic?

Milotic@Blue Scarf
Rash Nature
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Hail
Blizzard

Zora

perpetually tired
This seems like a random question, but is this also a Contest discussion thread?

Is so...

To anyone, does the first round(s) seem a tad more frustrating because of the Pokemon that always tries to jam you but not the other good co-ordinator?

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Okay, I TOTALLY didn't see this thread. *Slaps forehead.*

So, the main website doesn't have all the pokemon I need contest movesets for. I'm making a Harley team, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for:

Cacturne, Octillery, Ariados, Wigglytuff and Banette.

Items and Natures and such would also be appreciated.

Dark Aerodactyl

i am not a spammer
Coolnest
Medicham-red scarf

Punch-ice/fire/thunder
h-jump-kick. I won in the master rank with this pokemon

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
i have this lugia i want to use and the only use for it would be contests so i want to enter it in the cool contes. does anybody have suggestions on what moves i should teach it?

I'm going right now to get my Regirock to max toughness, I already have a yellow scarf so it doesn't matter if it In't all the way to the top.
I easily won the Beauty contest with a Milotic, since I knew that it has max beauty, I can't remember two of it's moves, but the ones I can remember are rain dance and surf.

EDIT: I just won a Tough contest with Registeel, a Cool contest with my Manectric and a Smart contest with my Murkrow. I only have a Cute pokemon to go and then I can get the Glass Ornament.

Last edited:

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
I am currently going through the Tough and Smart contests. I used Encyclopika's webpage to help me out with the Cool and Tough contest, but I used a Volbeat and Illumise for Beauty and Cute, repectively. Both held the appropriate scarves as well.

My Illumise had Covet, Charm, Wish, and Moonlight, and had the Naive nature.

My Volbeat, despite having a Relaxed nature, won the Beauty contest with Tail Glow, Signal Beam, Flash, and Moonlight. I probably should've had Sunny Day on both of them, but I didn't want to go through extreme breeding chains or use up my only TM.

I'm also having trouble getting the Green Scarf. The problem is partially the maximizing, but the man says "It's not bad, but it's not good either," and then suggests I feed it pokeblocks. I've already done this process with my Dustox and Roselia that love bitter flavours, but they're also high in another contest stat.

Archdoom

OVERLORD OF DOOM
OK, I won all the beauty contests with ease using this pokemon.

Cloyster (Catch on Fr/Lg as Shellder) at whatever level is needed to get beauty painting done... I forget
Holding: Blue Scarf
Maxed out beauty, almost maxed smart and tough (Smart and tough were side effects of pokeblocks)
Attk1: Dive (HM) (From R/S/E)
Attk2: Surf (HM)
Attk3: Explosion (Fr/Lg Move tutor at Mount Ember) (Get this First or second, depending whether you choose to give it surf first or not, it doesn''t matter that much)
Attk4: Doesn't matter, but I use Blizzard
(Note: Shellder will also work)

1st turn in contest: Use Dive
2nd turn: Use Surf
3rd Turn: Use dive again
4th turn: Use surf again
5th turn: Finish with Explosion

This worked, even when the pokemon in front of me on turn 2 or 4 got Max cheer, or a high appeal so surf did badly, I still got 3-4 stars from combo and crowd.

Oh, yeah, I find, I dunno if it's just coincidence, I'm not an expert on these things, that you get a better Primary Score if your pokemon is as Friendly or whatever as possible
The nature didn't seem to matter, and Cloyster's nature (Naive) meant that it was neutral to the Dry pokeblocks, BUT it disliked them when they were partly bitter, But using a Pamtre berry block with the 4 people blender, and using a mix of Dry/tough and Dry/bitter pokeblocks allowed me to max out the beauty before Cloyster was full.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Here are my all-kanto teams which I have used in my ruby & sapphire restarts:

Cool: pikachu/raichu, brave
- double team
- quick attack
- charge
- volt tackle

use both combos double team & quick attack along with charge & volt tackle, last move double team

Beauty: growlithe/arcanine, modest
- sunny day
- ember
- flame wheel
- roar

start with ember or flame wheel and continue to use the sunny day and ember or flame wheel combo

Cute: slowpoke/slowbro, hasty
- mud sport
- water gun
- growl
- attract

do the mud sport & water gun combo twice, If in last at end do growl, otherwise do attract to make others ahead nervous

Smart: haunter/gengar, calm
- shadow punch
- confuse ray
- mean look
- destiny bond

start with shadow punch when in lead and save the mean look & destiny bond combo for last

Tough: cubone/marowak, impish
- bone rush
- bonemerang
- thrash
- swords dance

do the bone rush and bonemerang combo twice, if trailing at end, do thrash to startle others in front

Status
Not open for further replies.