• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Contest - Take 2

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
SE, I noticed your avatar. The Espeon is happy it's flying, but the Alakazam seems to be in a grim mood.

Coolio and Treecko appear onstage for the first time in many months, ready to amaze the audience. "People, this is all about combos!" Coolio announced. "Treecko, use the Earthquake-Rock Tomb combo!" Treecko makes the ground shake so hard many rocks came out of the ground and were made into 3 perfect spheres. "Now the Sunny Day-Solarbeam combo!" The Sceptile makes it very bright out and uses Solarbeam at a sphere, distinigrating it. It dims just in time for the audience to see only 2 rocks left. "Next, the Grass Knot-Focus Punch combination!" He then summons the vines across the stadium to grab a sphere and bring it high into the air. As Treecko jumps high into the air to the rock, he's powering up a Focus Punch, and hit the stonw, reducing it into something like hazy sparkles. "For the grand finale, Treecko, use Agility, Quick Attack, Slam, and Drain Punch!!" Treecko relaxes to be more agile, starts sprinting, and uses the Slam to add more power to the Drain Punch. When it connects, the sphere practally disappears, absorbed by the Sceptile, now feeling perfect because of the energy he gained, with fine ash for proof it even existed.

I think that's one of my only appeals using all 10 moves!

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
Thanks for getting them in within a little for than 24 hours!

I have 3 done. Expect them at around 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

rosso1111

Can I change my type of performance from Tough to Beauty?
BTW when will we find out who wins?

Last edited:

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
^I don't think you can change between 2 appeals, but I'm not positive.

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
^I'm allowing it up to NOW. You can't change after now but it's ok...

@Virtuos - TBH I don't know. Hunt around your settings and you should find it.

Here are the first 7. The next 5 are coming once I get the computer back from my family... ugh

BTW I add onto appeals and add things that would probably happen in real life. Also if you don't specify then I infer things from your appeal.

---

Noise reverberates around the large dome as crowds of people enter to watch the first round of ~Pokemon Contest~

A few of the pokemon and their partners can be seen peeking out from behind the stage, nervous at their first chance to prove themselves. They promptly disappear as they see the introduction begin.

Small bubbles appear around the dome and slowly begin to become bigger. The audience falls silent. Suddenly in a flash of purple light, Espeon appears in the middle of the audience and shoots off a series of beams of light which hit each bubble. The bubbles all pop and rain down a light mist onto the audience. As the audience applauds and cheers, Espeon runs onto stage.

;196; Welcome to Week 1 of Pokemon Contest! I am your host, Espe the Espeon and as a distinguished former contest champion I will be judging the competition along with Bugwarrior and masterleo! Give them some applause!

*Applause*

I have one more announcement before we begin. Before most rounds, this season, we will be showing a video of one of the strongest performances from last season. This will start during week 2, and may continue next season! I hope I see some of the performances today in future seasons. Now let the round BEGIN!

The crowd cheers as Espeon lightly runs offstage to sit with the other two judges.

First up...

dpmfa254.png

Coolio and Treecko walk onto stage confidently, excited to get back onstage after a long absence. Coolio stands firmly in the center of the stage and yells out so the entire audience can hear, "People, this is all about combos!" The crowd cheers, excited for the first performance. Behind him Treecko leaps into the air, glowing orange briefly, and slams into the ground. Immediately 3 orbs of rock smash through the stage, high into the air as the sun suddenly doubles in strength bathing the stadium in strong light. Suddenly a blast of energy flies out from Treecko and smashes the right orb with a loud explosion. The light quickly dies and the audience applauds as a cloud of dust hits the ground. As the spheres hit their high point, vines smash through the stage and wrap around the left rock, launching it at Treecko who plants its feet and smashes it into sparkling dust with a glowing punch. To finish off the appeal Sceptile races forward with unearthly speed and jumps with two glowing fists to reach the sphere. An explosive sound radiates through the dome as the sphere disappears and Sceptile hits the floor strongly. A cascade of dust rains down onto Treecko as the crowd stands up and cheers.

-Short recess to fix the stage-

dpmfa418.png

As the judges finish their thoughts and the crowd settles again, Buizel and Dennis fly onto the stage on a wave of water, flooding the dome. Dennis jumps off of Splash's back and immediately a jet of water shots out of Buizel, launching it high in the air! The crowd applauds at the appeal as a rain of sparkling mist rains down on them. Dennis then, in one graceful motion, throws four red balls into the air above Splash. Buizel begins to simultaneously juggle the balls and Hydro Pump the ground. Unexpectedly a couple beams of Ice fly out from Buizel and freeze some of the plants around the dome. Finally Buizel stops the Hydro Pump and as it falls, it freezes the water on the ground. It gracefully lands on the ice and both it and Dennis skate away, catching the balls as they fall.

Next...

dpmfa346.png

Virtuos walks through the puddles to the middle of the stage as the water begins to drain away. The crowd stares at him as he just stands there. Suddenly he shouts and tosses a poke ball high into the air. In a flash of white light Zen appears and as Virtuos yells more commands, Zen begins to fall straight at the ground. The crowd gasps as the impact rocks the dome. As the dust clears, Cradily can be seen spinning. It then "jumps" out of the crater, spinning through the air, and lands heavily. A wave of poison flies out of Zen into the huge crater made by the impact. Zen then begins to glow white and so does the pool of poison as it rises from the crater in a shifting mass. Suddenly rocks around the arena rose into the air. For a second the floating objects hung still, then they were flung into the mass which stopped glowing. The objects all hit each other and with only a loud hiss, they all disappeared causing an explosion of golden dust.

-Fixing the stage yet again-

dpmfa166.png

The crowd settles down and only then notice Rex standing silently in the center of the stage. Without a word he tosses a poke ball up above the stage. The crowd oos and aahs as Ledian appears in a flash of white light and so do dozens of brilliantly glinting balls of light that bathe the audience in strong colors. Quickly Ledian flies around the air smashing all of the balls, causing them to explode and causing the light to twinkle across the dome magnificently. Ledian then unleashes a wave of sparkling air that fills the dome and causes the light to glint more strongly as they begin to rotate in the air, bathing the audience in bright silver sparkles.

-The dome is swept free of sparkles-

dpffa478.png

Jeremy walks out on stage, silencing the crowd (YET AGAIN). He gracefully raises his arm and tosses Louise's poke ball into the air. Louise lands on the stage and gently emanates sparkling ice crystals. Louise then smoothly glides around shooting out ice that creates a large pillar of ice. A shroud of darkness darkens the ice to a dark black and causes it to give of a beautiful black mist. Louise then smoothly creates multiple clones that surround the pillar. The clones simultaneously attack with rings of water that smash the pillar into shards of ice that tumble down and then they unleash a blast of ice cold wind and ice which intensifies the explosion of the pillar and causes the dome to be, yet again, filled with lil' sparklies.

dpmfa424.png

Will strides onstage, also happy to be back on stage after being gone for so long. He happily tosses Tail's poke ball into the air and their appeal begins. Waves of stars emanate from the monkey as it appears and poses in the air before landing smoothly. Will runs up beside Ambipom and then begin a complicated stomp, showing their versatility. The stomp quickly increases with more Ambipom's appearing every time the dance reaches a resting place. The complicated dance finally stops as the Ambipom's jump into the air and are acrobatically thrown through the air by the orginal Ambipom that begins to juggle them. Stars begin being shot across the circle of monkeys causing mini-explosions and the circle to become white with burning light. The explosions reach a climax as Will dives through the circle, landing safely as the Ambipoms fuse into one and pose!

dpmfa018.png

Xashlei jogs onto stage as Ambipom and Will run off, keeping the transitions smooth. He yells his pokemon's name as he continues to jog causing an explosion of white and feathers rain down onto the stage. Pidgeot then begins to double and simultaneously the clones begin to cause wind to rush through the arena. Trees about the dome begin to whip and bend causing any fruit to fly into the air. The Pidgeot's quickly gather the fruit, shooting in all directions using aerial acrobatics to wow the crowd. The fruits are thrown in the air by the various Jet's and a concentrated blast of wind from all the Pidgeot's simultaneously flapping sends them flying towards Xashlei. At the last moment a light rush from one Jet causes the fruits to stop and land gently in a basket held by Xashlei!

Last edited:

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
dpmfa040.png

Sunny and Aiko walked onto stage together to greet their audience, sunny waving at them. The audience "aaaaaas" to appreciate Sunny's cuteness as Aiko surveys the dome. The calls stopped immediately as Sunny glowed orange and the sun increased in strength. The strong light permeate the dome for the second time that day. Suddenly the glass dome explodes it the very top, causing glass to rain down. The crowd screamed and began to run, but stopped and applauded as most of the glass shards exploded in a rain of sparkling dust. The others changed course and zoomed towards the stage, on the backs on glowing stars. The sun's energy began to focus on a stop on stage and the stars flew towards the spot. The heat skyrocketed as the stars flew into the hot beam. In a flash of light the sunlight disappears and in its place is a steaming glass flower statue. The pair high five and skip off stage to applause.

dpmfa171.png

Luna appeared on stage, to the surprise of the people in the dome, without anybody noticing. The crowd immediately stopped talking and the silence was uncanny as Luna gazed around her. As the tension mounted she slowly opened her mouth and let loose a light icy wind which froze every flower in the arena. They lightly twinkling for a moment before melting. Suddenly springing into action, and startling the audience, Luna unleashed some psybeams at the flowers knocking them into the air and causing them to spin at high speeds around her. She quickly glows blue causing clouds to gather over the now broken dome. The crowd grumbles as the rain begins to hit them, but notice the expanding ring. Suddenly Lanturn's bulb flashes bright blinding the audience. Once the look back at the stage they see that the rain has stopped and that a beautiful rainbow has filled the stadium.

dpmfa245.png

(For future reference, Aurora Beam is energy and doesn't really create ice. You described it, though, so I gave it too you. Use Ice Beam instead.)

Destiny walks onto stage as the droplets settle and the rainbow fades. She smiles and throws her poke ball into the hair. A rainbow of colors shoots from the poke ball, reflecting off the mist, and forming into Aroura the Suicune! Aroura landed gracefully and an invisible wind blew her ribbons and hair back, gracefully. Suicune sends a beam of energy into the hair which freezes suddenly and creates an ice pillar in the center of the stage. A gush of water appears and begins to swirl around the stage. Suicune runs around it gracefully ascending the pillar. On its way up Suicune unleashes a wave of freezing air that freezes the plants and water in the arena (the plants should be good and dead by knew. Half the acts have frozen or torn them for cryin' out loud). Now at the top Suicune smashes the ice pillar, riding it to the bottom as it smashes causing ice shards to fly through the air gorgeously. At the same time wind has been flying through the arena sweeping up any remaining flowers. Aroura finally hits the good with spinning flowers and slivers of ice raining around her.

dpmfa152.png

Before the crowd even has time to speak, and before the last act is off stage a sound rents the dome. A large vine smashes through the stage and splits in two at one point, then forms a heart with more vines twisting around it and a couple flowers. Chikorita appears out of nowhere with Sas. It happily chirps and within seconds it glows and unleashes a rainbow colored beam that sends it flying into the air. Chikorita begins to spin inside a helix of vine whips and petals pour out from the pokemon. As the plants disappear so does Chikorita. The audience looks around, but laughs as Chikorita is seen happily chirping in the middle of the giant heart it had created.

dpmfa197.png

The crowd is excited now, since the next act is the finale. Umbreon was lucky enough to draw the final slot! (I RNG'd these orders btw)

Evan jogs onto stage, to cheers, and tosses Edge's ball. Edge appears in the customary flash of white light, but immediately stars begin to pour out of its body. They bounce around the arena as the dimming sun outside is extinguished by a sudden darkness. The stars are the only light left. As Umbreon begins to dive towards the stage the stars form a funnel around him, spinning quickly. The crowd gasps has he hits the ground head on, but the stars burst, blinding them and obscuring their view. They look up to see Umbreon pop out of the ground and stick a backflip. The audience is bathed in an unearthly light as Umbreon poses. They applaud as the light and darkness disappear and the orange light of the sun re-appears.

---

Everyone can vote including contestants, judges, and basically everyone else. The first two performances to 5 votes are sent to the bottom two. I'll give more instructions then. Will someone post a filler so I can post my ratings and my advice?

.Wind.

Banned
yes I'll post a filler...someday...when though?

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Sunny made alot of glass fall from the sky but then it did help with Luna's performance oh its so hard to vote someone off in the beggining!

Oh and Luna used mist to wet the flowers then used the icy wind but the way you put it sound much better!

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
^Are you going to vote?

Sceptile - You haven't lost your touch. It's tough and has elements of Cool, Smart, and Beauty at the same time. It's original, but you have past elements in it. Good job.

Buizel - A fair start. It wasn't to most awe inspiring performance but it was neat and executed perfectly. Try something a bit more awe inspiring and you'll be gold.

Cradily - I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anything quite like it. 100% on originality and it was executed well. There were a couple parts that seemed odd and the ending was anti - climatic, but if you improve on these things you can do well.

Ledian - Good, but not horribly original. I felt like I'd seen it before. Just get more creative.

Froslass - A bit short and underwhelming, but it was fair. You didn't do anything wrong just add more drama and make it awe inspiring. It was a great start for week 1, and I think you can expand on what you did and make some nice ice appeals in the upcoming weeks.

Ambipom - I liked it. Different than many other appeals I've seen and it was overall solid. Good for you. Keep up the good work.

Pidgeot - I didn't like it, to be honest. You've proven yourself at beauty, but I got the smart feel from this, not Cool. That being said I saw some recurring themes from past performances which were nice. It was messy. If you survive until next week clean it up and make it feel stronger.

Umbreon - Solid. You transitioned well and you definitely got the cool feel from it. The darkness and moonlight were great and I'd suggest using them again. Top 2 or 3 of the week for me.

Chikorita - Absolutely adorable. Little touches, like with Wigglytuff, kept it cute but you also showed that cute pokemon have power. Overall a solid start. Keep improving! My favorite of the week and my pick for round winner!

Suicune - The final product was great! I'd put it on par with some of Milotic's early appeals last season which were wonderful. The only thing pulling you back from a really high score is using some of your moves poorly (Aurora beam is an energy beam that creates frost, Ice Beam should be used to create pillars etc.), but I think you still have room to improve. Great job.

Lanturn - Easily top 3 or 4 of the week of me. You didn't pack every second with something and had suspense, which is rarely used if at all! It also had great elements of beauty and it had traditional aspects with some new touches. Nice job. Try not to kill the plants next time, though!

Wigglytuff - Destroying the stadium isn't cute, but the little touches you threw in were. You really following the theme and I'll give you originality points for the glass trick. Nobody has ever done that, I believe. My only problem was that it wasn't terribly impressive. I didn't come away saying "Wow! That would look beautiful in real life". Overall not bad for the first week!

Sceptile - 9.5

Buizel - 9.1

Cradily - 8.9

Ledian - 8.8

Froslass - 8.9

Ambipom - 9.1

Pidgeot - 8.1

Umbreon - 9.6

Chikorita - 9.7

Suicune - 9.5

Lanturn - 9.4

Wigglytuff - 8.9

Needless to say my vote to leave is...

Jet the Pidgeot and Xashlei. I think you can improve if you survive the elimination, but all the performances were surprisingly good so I have to vote for you.

Last edited:

Sasukat

Back from the dead
I think I'd vote out jet as the performance was not something I really like sorry also I would say that could be a cool move IF you added something else

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
~Shadow Espeon~ 's Ranks
~~Week 1~~~
Chikorita came first! And she is really cute !
Umbreon Came second
Sceptile and Suicune Tied for third
Lanturn came in Fourth
Ambipom and Buizel tied for fifth
Cradily, Froslass and Wigglytuff triple tie for sixth
Ledian came seventh
Pidgeot came dead last with eighth place

Last edited:

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Actually it was under Smart, since I stayed with the first post and decided not to change it. I fail to see how making it less Cool is my fault. But I dunno, I guess someone's telling me I don't have enough time to do Contests at the moment.

I'll look over the appeals and who to vote out in a moment.

KnightofRawr

Don't underestimate
Okay I'm starting to judge! I don't know if I will get done tonight but I will post the scores as I do them!

;254; Treecko (Sceptile) and Coolio Smart! One Tough contestant!
Visual appeal: 6.5/10 it was a good performance and I could picture a lot of what was going on. However, I had to re-read some parts because my brain could just picture what was going on! I gave you this score because of that. Next time try to be more descriptive so SE can adapt it better.
Loyalty: 9.5/10 WOW. That’s all I can see from reading this! The first appeal that came to mind was TOUGH. You fit this perfectly and I can’t wait to see what you do next!
Originality: 7/10 It was a little bit original. I think, if you’re doing breaking things, this is as original as you could get. I liked how you broke the rock orbs but just think outside of the box

Over All Opinion: 7.7/10 Excellent starting performance! It fit Sceptile perfectly and there were surprises around every corner! Take advantage of Sceptiles plants and just cause some tough guy havoc!

;418; Splash (Buizel) and Dennis! One cool contestant!
Visual appeal: 9.5/10 EXCELLENT! I could picture everything that was going on without a problem! Keep this up!
Loyalty: 6/10 eh... From watching this I would have thought it was a smart appeal. In my opinion juggling is not that cool and it seems only smart people can do it…. When planning your performances think: What is cool? Could this be seen as (*insert other appeal type here)?
Originality: 6.5/10 I’m sure we have all seen juggling before and this would not have been very special except for your entrance and exit. Another thing that made it interesting was the random ice beams flying everywhere. Do something that we would never see coming!

Over all Opinion: 7.3/10 Great performance. It is a good start and with a little bit of thought I think your appeals can grow!

;346; Zen (Cradily) and Virtuos ! One Smart contestant!
Visual appeal: 8/10 This part was okay I was a little confused at some sections but most of the times I knew what was going on. Keep up the good work!
Loyalty: 9/10 It takes a smart Pokémon to handle toxins properly and even use them to make an amazing appeal! Not only did I get the smart vibe I pretty much got all of the appeal vibes! (Except cute) This was just amazing!
Originality: 9.7/10 Wow…. This was totally unexpected and amazing. I love you took something so toxic as poison and made it beautiful! You are truly very original!

Over All Opinion: 8.9/10: Woah I am speechless I loved it and it was totally unexpected! Who knew that Cradily could be such a contest Pokémon!?

;166; : Kayla (Ledian) and Rex! One Beautiful contestant!
Visual appeal: 7/10 This was a simple performance and I could picture it flawlessly. Everything about this just screams that it would look AMAZING. My only problem was that it was a little too simple…. Add a bit more description to the punches. Make it your own!
Loyalty: 9/10 This would be a very beautiful appeal with all the sparks and flashes I could just see it causing my mouth to drop. Good job!
Originality: 5/10 It was okay. Using powder and balls to create light effects just seems…. I don’t know familiar?

Over All Opinion: 7/10 It was an okay performance. A little anti-climatic and simple but good.

;478; Louise (Froslass) and Jeremy! One Beautiful contestant!
Visual appeal: 6.5/10 it was a little hard to understand as just visualize Froslass doing this sort of thing…. It was okay, some parts were better to see than others.
Loyalty: 5/10 Ehh…. You were not loyal to being beautiful. What I saw could come across as Tough or Smart so not a very high score on this part.
Originality: 7/10 Using ice to create a huge sculpture is highly over done! And destroying it to make tons of sparkles is also a little repetitive. However, you also used her ghost powers and this made it seems a little more your style!

Over All Opinion: 6.2/10 It was okay but it needs a lot of work. Use Froslass’s ice in a more creative way and give me something that I can label BEAUTIFUL

Last edited:

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
We just need to wait for the other judges to give their scores and advice then we can find the performance ratings (average of all three judges) and rankings for the week.

~Voted Out~
Pidgeot - 3

So who will fill the other spot? Remember once one gets 5, voting for him/her is closed and you have to vote for someone else.

Xashlei - Thats true! I didn't consider that. That'll boost your score a bit. EDIT - And with that all the scores are over 8!

Last edited:

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Still poor, but I'll live. We learn from failures. *shrug*

I guess I'll vote off Ledian for not really giving me that much of a climax feeling.

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
True, but look on the bright side. The bottom 2 isn't the absolute END, and the chances are 1 in 3 that you'll go up against a beauty pokemon, which is your forte.

~Voted Out~
Pidgeot - 3
Ledian - 1

.Wind.

Banned
yea, I kinda messed up by reusing things I did with Naeptuna last season...I have to vote out is zen. Everyone's performence really was great except his and Jet's, but between those two I just zen's was kinda confusing in the way it was preformed

Next week I'll include Rex and I should of picked cool or smart instead of beuty... bug really ain't one for beuty.

~Shadow Espeon~

I did it!!
^I didn't even notice that! I realized I had seen it somewhere, I just didn't know it was from you!

~Voted Out~
Pidgeot - 3
Cradily - 1
Ledian - 1

You're doing well! I like your form a lot.