• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Contest - Third Time Lucky

Pokemon Contest - Third Time Lucky
Owner-
HTML:
Pokemon Special

Judges -
Pokemon Special
Bridge
SpyroxPikachu
MarshtompMan

Tallyist- SpyroxPikachu

Judge's pokemon:

Bridge: Osbourne the Mankey (Tough)
Pokemon Special: Sunny the Wigglytuff (Cute)
SpyroxPikachu: Jaroo the Snivy (Smart)
MarshtompMan: Marshy the Marshtomp (Cool)

This game is pretty old now. If I understand correctly, both times it was made in the past it never finished. However, I hope this time we really are, Third Time Lucky. Anyway, the way the game works in pretty much the same way contests in the Anime. As in

1 The owner of the game (In this case, Myself) reveals a theme and the area the contest is taking place.

2 - Every person who signed up posts a their appeal that fits with the theme that I posted. The appeal should also include the “Style” of that the sign up also mentions. 10 attacks (but no more) are allowed in appeals . Props are allowed, but only small ones. Larger ones must be created in the appeal itself. If you want a large prop that you can’t create, please PM me (or one of the other judges) Description is key.

3 - The owner then rewrites the appeals (This may take a small while.) and posts it. The judges then post their scores and any advice they may have. The one with the worst score gains 2 votes in the next round.

4 - The contestants vote for who had the weakest appeal (people from outside the thread can vote too. ((excluding the judge's pick for worst of the week)). The first two contestants to gain 5 votes are in the bottom two.

5 - Both of the bottom two write a new appeal in the style (Smart, Cute, Etc.) of the other pokemon in the bottom two . The one who has the best performance and the one who embodies the other pokemon’s style the best moves on (The judges decide this.)

6 The final four will be a special round.

~~~

Sign-up Sheet:
Pokemon's Name:
Species:
Personality:
Appeal Style: (Tough, Beautiful, Cute, Cool, or Smart)
Trainer's Name:
Any details about the trainer:

(The trainer and the pokemon both work together during appeals, so please remember that!)

Example Appeal.(From Pokemon Contest, Take Two.
“Sunny and Aiko walked onto stage together to greet their audience, sunny waving at them. The audience "aaaaaas" to appreciate Sunny's cuteness as Aiko surveys the dome. The calls stopped immediately as Sunny glowed orange and the sun increased in strength. The strong light permeate the dome for the second time that day. Suddenly the glass dome explodes it the very top, causing glass to rain down. The crowd screamed and began to run, but stopped and applauded as most of the glass shards exploded in a rain of sparkling dust. The others changed course and zoomed towards the stage, on the backs on glowing stars. The sun's energy began to focus on a stop on stage and the stars flew towards the spot. The heat skyrocketed as the stars flew into the hot beam. In a flash of light the sunlight disappears and in its place is a steaming glass flower statue. The pair high five and skip off stage to applause.”

~~~
So yeah. I just thought I’d tell you the reasons I decided to the remake this. I was in the second version of the game, a while back. I was total n00b back then, but somehow I got to the final four. However, suddenly, the thread died. The memory of the game bounced around in my head for a while, before I finally decided it was time to remake it. I got in contact with the last remaining judge (The other two had been lost to inactiveness). He gave me permission to remake the game , and thus the game was remade. The game is almost exactly the same as before. I hope that people join!
Thanks everyone!​

Cute: Ivan Cuteguy the Infernape and John / Elektra the Pachirisu and Cody / Thea the Dratini and Rubix Dude
Cool: Paradise the Flygon and Charlie Spade/ Pants the Scrafty and Billy the Kid
Tough: Insidias the... Sharp Thing and Mask*Demasque
Smart: Necrystal the Froslass and James Shade / Isaac the Ampharos and Eric Wang
Beautiful: Skye the Mantine and Clementine Marie-Susan / Lilly the Ninetails and Ryan

Last edited:
*I'll post here to bumb it up*

I'll post my judgings using Kayla the Ledien

Yaaaay, I loved this game <3

Sign-up Sheet:
Pokemon's Name: Paradise
Species: Flygon (Shiny)
Personality: Obedient to his owner, but passionate and very competitive when it comes to contests.
Appeal Style: Cool :cool:
Trainer's Name: Charlie Spade (female)
Any details about the trainer: She's very cute Somewhat of a tomboy, Charlie likes to wear simple yet daring clothing. Like her Flygon, she is very competitive, passionate and strong willed, and won't take no for an answer. Her contest style is hit-and miss, trying what ever she feels like and hoping the audience like it.

Mawile412

Problem
Pokemon's Name: Skye
Species: Mantine ;226;
Personality: Skye is very calm and well balanced. She is usually without conflict, as she likes to be kind to both trainers and other pokemon.
Appeal Style: Beauty
Trainer's Name: Clementine Marie-Susan
Any details about the trainer: Clementine is unusally obsessed with winning. She is usually a very good competitor, knowing many different move combinations to pull off a great appeal. However, she is very nice to her competition and feels extremely bad for winning.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I feel like annoying 2 of the 4 judges here. ^_^

Sign-up Sheet:
Pokemon's Name: Insidias (it's Latin for Ambush)
Species: :624:
Personality: Very aggressive, and can not make friends easily. Usually assaults anyone who decides to come close to it or its trainer. Is also very competitive when it comes to contests, and sometimes very brutal as well - in his first Grand Festival, he ended up killing a Glameow. However, when beaten, shows respect for the opponent, although his aggressive nature will still show thorugh.
Appeal Style: toughness
Trainer's Name: (Details unknown, known simply as "The Masked Boy")
Any details about the trainer: Always wears a scream-styled mask in public, obscuring his face. His identity is unknown, which provides a sense of mystery in appeals, which, combined with the brutal style of his Pawniard, makes for a scary performance. His entire body is covered except the back of his head and his arms. In some appeals, he will get Pawniard to slash his arms or hands to provide shock in appeals.

Oh, you must HATE me now, dontcha? ;P
(The idea being you don't want me here, but I'm scraping in anyway)

(Hey MKFC, I have no problem whatsoever you joining , as long as you try not to upset the judges on purpose . Also, Killing pokemon is a No-No. Because that isn't cool (cute, smart, or Beautiful. A little tough.)
Cute:
Cool: Paradise the Flygon and Charlie Spade
Smart:
Beautiful: Skye the Mantine and Clementine Marie-Susan
More sign ups, please.
Judge's pokemon:
Bridge: Kayla the Ledien
MarshtompMan:

Last edited:

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
Pokemon's Name: Necrystal
Species: Froslass
Personality: Necrystal is a cold and complicated thinker, she uses her high IQ to calculate the best move for the occasion. If someone were to attak her trainer, she would beat the living day lights out of them.
Appeal Style: Smart
Trainer's Name: James Shade
Any details about the trainer: James when on stage wears a white lab coat with a metalic gloves. James speaks with a deep welsh accent and on occasion will shout out Necrystal's attaks in welsh. James along with his IQ will add comedic qualities to his act.

There is my attempt.

Digipoke! Thanks :p *huggles*
Cute:
Cool: Paradise the Flygon and Charlie Spade
Smart: Necrystal the Froslass and James Shade
STILL BE NEEDIN' MOAR SIGN UPS
Judge's pokemon:
MarshtompMan:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
(Hey MKFC, I have no problem whatsoever you joining , as long as you try not to upset the judges on purpose . Also, Killing pokemon is a No-No. Because that isn't cool (cute, smart, or Beautiful. A little tough.)

Hey, I've got no beef with anyone. I was jokintg about annoying them. It's them who have a problem with me.
...I'm not gonna kill them. We could use the killing thing in part of Insidias's history, like he got banned and this is his first one after the ban was lifted.

Oh, and it's OK to let him attack the masked boy in the appeal?

Ditto123

~Word~
Sign-up Sheet:
Pokemon's Name: Pants
Species: Scrafty
Personality: Hardworking and very tough. Tries his best and never gives up unless he's too exausted.
Appeal Style: Cool (If I can)
Trainer's Name: Billy the Kid
Any details about the trainer: Billy is a tough dude. He never accepts a defeat. This persistance helps him through many challenges and he's completely in sinc with his pokemon. Billy is one of those take it or leave it people. He doesn't believe in second chances and rigorously trains.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I don't see why not, as long as it fits with the appeal. Gore isn't really good though :p

Gore's the idea of the appeal, though. xP I was thinking having Pawniard harm himself as well. XD

Cute:
Cool: Paradise the Flygon and Charlie Spade/ Pants the Scrafty and Billy the Kid
SIGNIE UPPY PLEASEY!
Judge's pokemon:
MarshtompMan:
Well, if you could PM it to me first, so I can check it over. And gore is kinda ... gross, not tough.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Well, if you could PM it to me first, so I can check it over. And gore is kinda ... gross, not tough.

I wil when the time comes.
And that's just a matter of opinion.

Will the setting change, or will they all be the same stadium where you can add features like last time? :)

It won't change EVERY round, but it will change at least twice :p
Cute:
SIGNIE UPPY PLEASEY!
Judge's pokemon:
MarshtompMan: Marshy the Marshtomp (Cool)