• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon creepy facts

Zach74

Haunters gonna haunt
I agree with what somebody else said earlier about Marowak dying, why is that the only Pokemon we've ever heard about that died? it was a little creepy for me...

Other Pokemon probably have regular animal deaths. For example, you wouldn't mourn the death of a fish that brought you the fish stick that's on your plate, but you'd mourn the death of your dog.

Likewise, you wouldn't mourn the death of the Magikarp sticks on your plate, but you would mourn the death of your Growlithe.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!

James2344

Keyblade wielder
Also, Landorus is referred to as the God of Fertility in the Japanese version. Pretty much every trainer you'll encounter at the shrine is a kid. No adults.

SO thats how mewtwo was really made, nintendo has been lying to us for al these years :p

James2344

Keyblade wielder

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Fertility as in fertile land, god, such pervs.
I know, but it's a word that can have double meanings and in myths generally means the more perverted meaning.

Also, apparently Beautifly is extremely violent with its proboscis. So is Gorebyss (probably why gore is in its name).

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
In Populatiion. The Sunkern's population explodes, meaning that there's millions of them. There's teensy difference there...

I have a feeling most Xatu are a bit half-baked from looking into the sun, but I could be wrong...

There's a double pun there, neither of which directly implies death. One is that she's saying she has a strong pokemon that's not with her, meaning it's in the box, releaseed, daycer, it could possibly already be dead, and the other is that as she's a clairvoiant, "The Pokemon is no longer with me" refers to the Chost type you jsut defeated has returned to whereever it came from.

Something to ponder: Shelldar and the weight thereof is how a Slokpoke is able to stand up as a Slobro, via counterweighting. So when a Slowking gets a shelldar on its head, how is it suddenly able to stand up without falling over? We humans have enough problems standing up wwith a twenty poud bowling ball on our necks without adding a giant shell...

Well, I didn't make these up, just found them in a creepy pokemon facts of some website and thought I'd share, although why would their population explode after it being a cold summer? Thought it'd make more sense for that to happen in a hot summer. Anyway, I agree with the Xatu thing haha :)

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Jigglypuff will keep on singing even if it's foe won't go to sleep, and it has to breathe sometime.

Kyurem goes out of the Giant Chasm at night to look for People and Pokemon to eat.
(Not creepy for me at all, he's just a carnivore.)

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Gorebyss sometimes sticks its thin mouth into its prey and sucks out its body fluids.

The fate of all ships that wander into Jellicent's lair: all sunken lost and vanished.

Mew literally GAVE BIRTH to Mewtwo according to Bulbapedia and the journals in the games...
O_O

Flygon.

Pokemon Breeder
Lickitung:
When it extends its over-six-foot- long tongue, its tail quivers. There is a possibility they are connected.

............ okay i need to like throw up now bye.

Smokeout Slawth

Pokemon Master
Some I found:

The fact Hypno uses hypnosis to lead children far away. (This image doesn't help either...)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/Chris_Lv255/hypno062608.pngQUOTE]

This here is by far the creepiest pokemon fact IMO. I never really did like Hypno, he just looks creepy and he isnt very good in the game anyway. Now though, all I will be able to think of when i see the freak is the fact that it well you now does stuff to children.(not sure if its ok to use the m word on here since there may be childen)