1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Cries

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Venom Turtle, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Venom Turtle

Venom Turtle Member

Has anyone noticed that all the newer pokemon such as gen 3 and more so gen 4 pokemon have nice, mostly soft on the ears, cries. Whereas the pokemon from gen 1 and gen 2 still have ear wrenching ones in gen 4. Do you think they will redo them for HG/SS?

2. Well, the older pokemon have such horrendous cries because the game systems back then weren't as complex as the newer ones, thus the hardware could only handle the simple cries (from what I think). Compare the music from R/B/Y to some from D/P/Pt and you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

And I don't think they'd change the cries in HG/SS. I mean, these are remakes, not new games altogether. Remakes keep much of the old, basic stuff but just revamping it to fit today's standards. If they didn't fix the cries in FR/LG and in D/P/Pt I doubt they'll fix the cries in HG/SS... Maybe in the next, new games, but not in these remakes.

I just thought of something, shouldn't this be in the HeartGold and SoulSilver section?

3. Venom Turtle

Venom Turtle Member

yea I know what you're saying about the old system, some of my friends and I were just talking about it and I figured I'd throw it out here to see what everyone else thought.

Well I didn't think to add that last part about HG/SS until I was about to post it so I guess you'd be right there.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  4. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

Not all of the new ones have nice soft ones... namely Staraptor... but yeah the older ones just sound like machines

5. Skaisdead

Skaisdead Movers and Shakers

The cries will be kept the same for practicality purposes. The only Pokemon who's cry has ever changed was Pikachu, and that was just for yellow. Other Pikachu that appeared in Yellow had Pikachu's original cry.

6. Typhlosion Trainer

Typhlosion Trainer Fire Trainer

Yeah, I have noticed this about some of the Pokemon cries.

7. killerporygon

killerporygon Member

i actually like the older ones better they remind me of when i first started playing pokemon more than ten years ago. plus i think most of the new ones are annoying/dumb like roserade staraptor and togekiss to name a few

8. Tiomasta

Tiomasta Not amused

But Togekiss' cry is nice.
    Gallade's too.

Have you listened to Rampardos cry? "ROOOOAAAARGGH"

All these things they have now to make the poke's cries. There's so many possibilities that now each poke really has a unique cry, unlike some pokes in the first and second gen, like in that other topic.

9. Zonn13

Zonn13 87% Indubitable.

I think that the old cries were obnoxious, I mean... Persian. Electabuzz. Nidorino. The only ones I like there are Nidoking and Articuno.
    Johto started to show slight improvement, but not much. I like Scizor and Totodile.
    Hoenn was when they started to get much better, with cries like Manectric and Blaziken.
    Sinnoh cries I say were tied in goodness with Hoenn, in my opinion. I like Gallade, Dusknoir, and ... dare I say it, Togekiss.

That's my "review".

10. tom-tom

tom-tom Furret <3

they wont redo them and not all 3rd and 4th gen are soft to the ears. listen to dialga and giratina and regigigas

11. Amonitas

Amonitas Well-Known Member

I really love the old cries, they make them cooler, gives a nostalgic feeling and I can remember them easily, I'd hate it if they changed them.

12. gliss

gliss Member

I know they haven't changed the old cries for HG/SS but I really hope that they will in the future. Hopefully in Gen V. A lot of the old cries have the potential to sound really great instead of electronic. Eeevee is one of the worst I think.

13. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

I doubt they'll change the cries, or even update them to a new sound, while sounding basically the same. There's a lot more to do with the games besides revamping something old that works just fine.

14. stefan._a

stefan._a Legend collector

Hopefully they change Kricketunes cry in the future. It's proberly the only cry I dispise.

15. Pokealchoholic

Pokealchoholic Pokemon Expert

I would really love it if Pokemon cries were like that of the show it's better on the ears and it's just better. How cool would it be if Pikachu actually sounded like Pikachu when you choose it out or any pokemon.

16. shamwowsavedme

shamwowsavedme chek dis ancient ***

charizard and ryhorn hav the same cry

17. Yonowaru in Chaos

Yonowaru in Chaos gaspard de la nuit

As a franchise, Pokemon places its older games at quite a high esteem, so I don't think they'll change their cries, which is a good thing to say the least.

18. King_Zora

King_Zora Member

I don't think they will re-do them.

19. DonDemio

DonDemio Maverick of Serebii!

They might redo them. If they are redoing the games, anthing is possible. i like the current cries though. It reminds me of the good old days.

~Don

20. RifleAvenger

RifleAvenger See you starside

I doubt they will be redone, unless pokemon survives to a time in the future where the 1st and maybe 2nd gen cries stand-out as to be obvious to even new players who've never played. In any case I'd prefer the cries to stay the same then for them to replace cries with the pokemon saying its actual name in plain english (or whatever other language the game is being played in), which would be more obnoxious to me personally than even the most techno sounding of all the current cries. I do admit, some pokemon could use redos, like zubat's ear bleeding cry.