• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cries

pkfan

loving the 3DS...
did you notice that the cries of scizor and heracross are similar... or may be the same?

Chaos Rush

The cries will be kept the same for practicality purposes. The only Pokemon who's cry has ever changed was Pikachu, and that was just for yellow. Other Pikachu that appeared in Yellow had Pikachu's original cry.

Magneton's cry was actually changed during the transition from 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen, because if they kept the old cry, then it would have sounded way too distorted (if you noticed, all 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon have slightly distorted cries in the 3rd Gen games. This was fixed a little bit in 4th Gen). Though Magneton's 3rd Gen cry was designed to resemble it's 2nd Gen cry, but is actually different.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I don't think they'll change any cries except the 2cnd generation pokemon. After all that is what it is the remake of and the stroy mainly focuses on them, not the 3rd or 4th generation

BM14murph

Master Collector
Loads of cries are very similar pkfn

In away the games cries are more realistic than the anime because real animals make weird noises not their names

like imagine a fox barking...........FOX!!!!!!!!!! at ya lol

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I doubt they will remake any of the cries in this generation at least. Maybe if there is a 5th generation they'll revamp all the pokemon noises. Which is a shame as I don't like Charizard sounding exactly like a Rhyhorn in makes no sence..

Firebrand

Indomitable
They really can't redo the cries without making fanboys go balistic.
The software they have avaliable in the third and fourth gen is much more sophisticated than what they had on the gameboy color.
For example, look at Arceus' cry. That goes on for a really long time (comprativley). The cries in the first and second gen are just barely quips for individuality.
So as I was saying before, I highly doubt that they can remake the cries without some people getting mad.

Paj Meen Ah

In For The Kill
I would like the cries redone, but if possible, just remakes of the originals. However, most 1st and 2nd gen cries were just weird cacophonies of bleurgh.

TomChomp

Now, Palkia's cry does not sound like it at all. Listen to the end of the cry and you can hear something like a tinkle...Wierd, but cool. Kricketune's cry is like Guh guh guh guuuaaaah! Sounds funny.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
The only cry I liked before Generation 3 was Drowzee. I don't know why, but 'WhrrrrWAAAHrrrWAHHHrrr' is just really cool. xD As for the revamping question, I think they're going to keep the same basic sounds but make them sound a lot better, like I think they've been doing already (most of the time I have sound off).

Mawile412

Problem
Mawiles cry doest sound like it. it sounds like growling and gargling and steel stuff. But i love it

Cackles

I like all the weird sound effects at the end of 4th gen Pokemon's cries. Like the squishing sound after Gastrodon's, the chime after Ching-Ling's, etc.

Tiomasta

Not amused
changing the cries would be stupid espicially Rayquazas coz it rocks

They were talking about gen 1 and gen 2 pokes. You know, the machine-like cries.

I personally really liked what they did in Pokemon Stadium, I think it would be great to do just like that.

razor fire

They won't change it. It is a remake meaning that it will be slightly updated, not changed.

Thunderhead

The Worst Nightmare
I think they should just re-do some of the pokemon crys that sound a like.
Such as.
Mew - Mewtwo - Paras
Ryhorn - Charizard
Aswell as a few more.

I really just want the Mew's to get a new cry, something non related to the Mushroom thing.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Listen to Milotic's closely, it sounds like a slowed-down Suicune's. If cries could be changed, I'd gladly change Jynx's, so..strange...

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Charizard and Rhyhorn's are exactly the same, which bugs me. I think most of the 1st gen Pokemon should get changes, just to be consistent with 4th gen.

randomspot555

Dozens of posts said:
The cries won't be/never have been/never will be re-done

Wrong. Pokemon Stadium re-did all the cries, replacing the BLEEP BLOOP and making the Pokemon have cries that actually weren't incredibly annoying.

Charizard sounds like a fire breathing dragon, Meowth ACTUALLY MEOWS, etc...

Of course, this was never used ever again, even in the sequel.

Ally P

Drifloons 4 Justice!
I don't think they will Redo the cries of Gen 2 pokemon but i wouldn't be sad if they redid Kricketune's. Though, they should leave Chatot's cry alone. After all, for some wierd reason i crack up laughing hearing Chatot's cry slowed down.