• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai'sShadow

I wound up betting both x and y. I'm starting with y and I'll be playing it for a few days straight.

One of my opinions so far: the rhyhorns are slow! Other than that, this game is awesome. This is what I have so far:

Frogadier
Fletchinder
Charmeleon
Skiddo
Honedge

I know I'll have two fire/flying pokemon, but I'm not trying to be competitive in my games. I'm just going with pokemon I like and, in skiddo's case, need. I just happened to catch a grass-type with a lovingly high attack stat, so I decided to keep her.

Anyone else have a comment to make on the games?

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
I wound up betting both x and y. I'm starting with y and I'll be playing it for a few days straight.

One of my opinions so far: the rhyhorns are slow! Other than that, this game is awesome. This is what I have so far:

Frogadier
Fletchinder
Charmeleon
Skiddo
Honedge

I know I'll have two fire/flying pokemon, but I'm not trying to be competitive in my games. I'm just going with pokemon I like and, in skiddo's case, need. I just happened to catch a grass-type with a lovingly high attack stat, so I decided to keep her.

Anyone else have a comment to make on the games?

Nothing aside from I can't get it yet until my report cards came out cri cri. But I AM practicing the beta smogon has up on pokemonshowdown. Aegislash is a pain, and Hawlucha is a boss.

TrainerChris

Bad at Pokemon
Nothing aside from I can't get it yet until my report cards came out cri cri. But I AM practicing the beta smogon has up on pokemonshowdown. Aegislash is a pain, and Hawlucha is a boss.

They're all in the tier Uber, that'll all change in a few weeks when smogon finds every 6th gen pokes base stats and determine what tier they belong to. It is fun to try them out though.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
I just beat the 6th gym, but my speed through this game is slowing after a 2 day game marathon with my friends. Gotta do my homework :/

The game is kind of a letdown in my opinion anyways

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I'm loving it, personally. Beat the E4 earlier, working on a team for the Battle Maison.

TrainerChris

Bad at Pokemon
Everyone's beating the game and I'm sitting here wishing I owned a 3DS. Well who's your favorite trainer in the game? Mines Siebold, awesome looking e4, bonus for being water type.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Never thought about it. Anyone but Trevor. If I hear "to put it another way" one more ruttin' time, I swear to Arceus blood will be shed.

Anyway, I've been running some breeding experiments. Spritzee and Flabébé (and their lines) are in the Fairy egg group, Klefki and the Honedge line are compatible (Mineral, probably), and the Tyrunt and Goomi lines are compatible (Monster and/or Dragon is my guess) my DS died before most of the eggs hatched, so the jury is out on egg moves until I get home.

Also, I've got a few changes for the guild lined up. Fair warning. Circumstances require I do something.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Never thought about it. Anyone but Trevor. If I hear "to put it another way" one more ruttin' time, I swear to Arceus blood will be shed.

Anyway, I've been running some breeding experiments. Spritzee and Flabébé (and their lines) are in the Fairy egg group, Klefki and the Honedge line are compatible (Mineral, probably), and the Tyrunt and Goomi lines are compatible (Monster and/or Dragon is my guess) my DS died before most of the eggs hatched, so the jury is out on egg moves until I get home.

Also, I've got a few changes for the guild lined up. Fair warning. Circumstances require I do something.

I "to put it another way" can't "to put it another way" understand "to put it another way" your "to put it another way" accent "to put it another way"

I don't like anyone there, except maybe Wulfric, because he reminds me of a character in Beowulf.

Also, what kind of changes Moose??? :D:D:D:D

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I "to put it another way" can't "to put it another way" understand "to put it another way" your "to put it another way" accent "to put it another way"

(◡‿◡✿)

(ʘ‿ʘ✿)

(ʘ‿ʘ)ノ✿

Also, what kind of changes Moose??? :D:D:D:D

Well, I had to remove New Leaf from my 3DS to make room on my SD card for Y, so I can't do the bookmaker as it is currently. SO, to make up for that, I'm introducing guild currency (Bells) and changing the name of our guild points to just Guild Points (unless someone has a better idea). Not only will everyone be able to bet at the bookmakers, you can use Bells to open up trade/art shops and sell goods. I'll start everyone off with 5,000 Bells, and I'll come up with a system for earn more later.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
i got pokemon y (i think), and it's better than i thought it would be.

i got distracted after the second gym and spent like 2 hours looking for a female eevee so i'm not that far in the game.

also moose why don't you get the physical copies? or do people not get those anymore?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Two reasons:

1) I wanted it as soon as possible
2) My spouse got a physical copy of X, and we only have one 3DS. This way, we don't have to switch back-and-forth, and we're less likely to lose one of the games (trust me, I'm prone to losing stuff...my dad let me borrow a Native American arrowhead he found so I could show it to my professor, and I managed to lose it in my tiny apartment for several months).

Darkrai'sShadow

It took me a whole hour just to track down a dusk stone to evolve my doublade. I quit searching on route 13 because of a strong wind blowing around. I couldn't get anywhere and avoid the pokemon at the same time. So, I went to Terminous Cave. Took me a while, but I finally found a stone.

I was looking around for skrelp too. I couldn't find one surfing and fishing around on route 8, so I went searching for a super rod, hoping it would help. I wound up catching a lv. 35 dragalge instead.

Another time, I was searching for an absol. It took me an hour just to find one, but I really like it. She's a bit slow, but her attack stat is really nice, and her ability is super luck. I've always wanted an absol with that ability.

These are just a few of my stories from Y. Some other time, I'll explain the whole 2 hours I spent trying to level up a skiddo and honedge.

Two reasons:

1) I wanted it as soon as possible
2) My spouse got a physical copy of X, and we only have one 3DS. This way, we don't have to switch back-and-forth, and we're less likely to lose one of the games (trust me, I'm prone to losing stuff...my dad let me borrow a Native American arrowhead he found so I could show it to my professor, and I managed to lose it in my tiny apartment for several months).

lol, so am I still have my pokemon Blue cartridge in my ridiculously large night stand since the day I bought that ikea furniture haha.

@ Darkrai: nice, I really like these little stories! Keep'm coming.

And I'll post something about X&Y in a spoiler so those who don't want to get spoiled won't be;)

Apparently the ability Protean works simultaneously with the move you are using. So if Greninja uses a Ghost type attack then Greninja will change in a mono type Ghost type, then he'll use the attack and therefore will receive STAB. Ain't that awesome!?!?

Froakie turns out to be one of my favourite pokemon lines of this generation.:D

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
somehow i ended up finding a shiny miltank

there's so many pokemon i want on my team, but so little space :c

Darkrai'sShadow

When I evolved my doublade, I checked his stats and freaked out. "What happened? His attack stat was halved!!!" Then I remembered he had two stance forms and I breathed a sigh of relief. Then when I checked his stats in his attack stance, his sp. attack was somehow higher than his attack, which I had painstakingly spent hours working on. It made no sense to me.

The next story is, I believe, a post-game event, so I'll put it in a spoiler.
I was surprised to find that Looker made a return appearance. He starts up a private detective agency in Lumiose, and he asks you (the player) to be his partner in solving crime. He contacts you with the holo caster whenever a new mission comes up.

I don't know if it was me or it was supposed to happen, but right after I completed his first test and became his partner, I left the bureau and headed toward North Boulevard. He called me right as I left the side road, so I returned to his building. After I finished that mission, I left his building again and returned to the North Boulevard again, and he called me again for another mission. After I finished that one, I repeated my actions, and he called me again. This pattern continued until I finished the small storyline.

I found it strange that I kept getting called so frequently, but Looker's mission sent me all over Lumiose, and I know the city better now, so I guess that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.