• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
I have this question about this pokemon I trained. I ev trained a beldum with max evs in defense and special defense, and 4 in hp. I run an unusual setup with it. It knows rest, sleep talk, substitute and earthquake. What do you guys think of it?

gkat646

hi merry Christmas and that idea for the jolly delibirds sounds like so much fun can I participate for that?

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
I have this question about this pokemon I trained. I ev trained a beldum with max evs in defense and special defense, and 4 in hp. I run an unusual setup with it. It knows rest, sleep talk, substitute and earthquake. What do you guys think of it?
i would say if you want to tank hit to the max you may be better off running max hp max def 4 s. def, and for rest talk i would run a coverage move such as meteor mash or ice punch so that birds and things that float dont completely shut you down

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
i would say if you want to tank hit to the max you may be better off running max hp max def 4 s. def, and for rest talk i would run a coverage move such as meteor mash or ice punch so that birds and things that float dont completely shut you down

Ok, thanks

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
I just had an awesome thought. Imagine a gengar trained for speed, that knew mean look and destiny bond, and held a focus sash. It would be such a kamikaze attack

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I just had an awesome thought. Imagine a gengar trained for speed, that knew mean look and destiny bond, and held a focus sash. It would be such a kamikaze attack

Taunt can wreck that. And the Focus Sash would prevent Destiny Bond from being useful, especially if the opponent sees it coming. Maybe adding Taunt on Gengar would work, but Gengar's too useful to sacrifice like that. Given the right support, it can take multiple Pokemon down, so using a gimmick that only takes one down isn't worth it, if you ask me.

Oh, and don't double post. You can edit your posts if you need to add anything.

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
Ok, good to know

How do you guys think I should ev train a flecthling? What nature should I try to get it?

Argh come on someone respond!

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
adamant or jolly natured.

evs-wise, i would max att and split the rest between spe and hp (at least 132 in spe, but however much is up to you).

and merry christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate everyone n.n

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Ok, good to know

How do you guys think I should ev train a flecthling? What nature should I try to get it?

Argh come on someone respond!

Assuming it has Gale Wings (which it should, or it's useless), I'd run Adamant with 252 Attack and 252 Speed or HP. GW's priority makes speed less important, so you can run HP for the added bulk. I suggest against Jolly, since you need as much power as you can get with that paltry base 80 Atk. You may also want to use a Life Orb or Choice Band as your item. If you run a Band, definitely go for Speed. If you run Life Orb, Roost+Max HP is VERY useful.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to you too, Dark! And a Merry Christmas to everyone here. If you don't celebrate Christmas, take my Merry Christmas as a "have a great day". I'll be sobbing over the Doctor Who special tonight.

And also, it would seem that we couldn't get the stuff to do the Christmas Drive. Maybe next year? *shrugs*

gkat646

Happy Holidays everyone and have a great new year too.

And can I get an help with ev training tips im kinda bad at it and would like so tips if that would be ok?

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
Guys I have an issue. I'm utterly and completely bored out of my freaking mind right now. It's times like this when you just want something to break the monotony of your life. So what do you guys do when this happens?

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
Do any of you guys have gratina? He's my fav legendary, so I'll do anything for him

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
Guys I have an issue. I'm utterly and completely bored out of my freaking mind right now. It's times like this when you just want something to break the monotony of your life. So what do you guys do when this happens?

I listen to queen, eat soup, and watch bones. Works for me

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I listen to queen, eat soup, and watch bones. Works for me

Edit your posts. Double posting is against the forum rules. The mods will infract you, no exceptions. It's not my call, otherwise I wouldn't care as much.

And the mods specifically forbid non-gaming-related discussions, so hush on the off-topic-ness.

We're still waiting for sign-ups for the Doubles tourney. Our tournament thread is somewhere in the guild tournaments board, go find it and sign up. Someone, ANYONE.

PieHazmat

A wild Pie appeared!
Ok sorry i forgot. Is docile a good nature? I'm pretty sure it does nothing, so would that be good or bad?

Reb of Kalos

Addicted to pokemon
Dang, I haven't posted on here for a while... I'm still alive! And waiting for the much delayed pokemon bank, lol. I already got a snivy and chimchar from wondertrade due to the japanese having it for a short amount of time before it went away(was iv breeding growlithes and trading the leftovers away :] ) I'm iv breeding zoroarks right now. Should take a few hours since I just started, but I'll likely have a few 5 iv zoruas left over when I'm done, so anyone can ask for one before I wondertrade them away!

So you're having a doubles tournament now? To be honest, I'd be a bit more keen on it if it was actually in-game instead of on po/ps, just because I find in game fights to be much more satisfying and rewarding. If you're really desperate, I will consider joining though. I wouldn't expect the best from me, because I'm very hit-or-miss when it comes to team building.

Hope everyone's having great holidays!

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Ok sorry i forgot. Is docile a good nature? I'm pretty sure it does nothing, so would that be good or bad?

Never run a neutral nature. If you're running a mixed attacker, it's better to sacrifice a defense stat, so at least one of your offensive stats gets a boost. But neutral natures are useless. What Pokemon is it anyway, and what are you intending to do with it?

EDIT: Reb, I'd love to do in-game, actually. The problem is that we can't get enough people in on it :/ I might consider doing an in-game tourney at some point, though. Maybe Battle Spot Doubles or VGC?

Status
Not open for further replies.