• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon crossovers ideas

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Hello there!
We all here love pokemon, but I guess everyone (or at least most of us) also have something else, another game, book, film, fictional universe that he likes besides pokemon. Well some people actually like to mix their favourite universes and make something new, maybe even more interesting. This is commonly called a crossover. You know, these episodes in TV series where other characters from other TV series make an appearance, right? This is also a crossover, a crossover episode. So I am here to discuss exactly this, crossovers with pokemon!

What are your ideas, have you ever thought about crossing something with pokemon? Naruto, One Piece, DBZ mixed with pokemon?

How would your crossover work? Would both of these worlds be mixed together and create something new?

Or maybe you were just thinking about a "crossover episode", like a character from Naruto appearing in the pokemon world, or Ash being in another anime?

The possibilities are endless my friends, let's get right into it!

(If something like this was done already, or if I've posted on a wrong forum, please feel free to inform/correct me!)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There was an actual crossover between Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition(don't remember the game) called Pokemon Conquest. I am curious for what possible franchises Nintendo could properly cross over. Besides the obvious of Pokemon and Digimon

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Oh yeah, I heard about it. Forgot about because I've never played it, but it sure is an interesting idea. The two games match pretty well, they are both kinds of RPGs with turn based combat and some strategy mixed into it.
This is one crossover that was actually done, but what are your own crossovers that you would love to see? All ideas are welcome, let's talk people! I have some ideas myself but I want to hear some of your own first, also I don't want to waste my time if there is no one interested in the topic :/
Anyway let's go, someone else have something to say?

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
The most interesting would be Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts.
THANK YOU. I have this idea in my head ever since I've played Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance! With the Spirits being replaced by Pokemon it would be great!

I always wanted Yoshi as a pokemon. Each color could be a different type.
Oh that's a good idea! Maybe Mario would appear as his trainer, with a new outfit matching the pokemon world? Would love to see that.
Actually I've found a topic on reddit where they theorize that Yoshi is a Pokemon haha, nice thinking man.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
I always thought it was really cheap in Pokemon Colosseum how you immediately get a free Tyranitar, and sending him back to the generator to spring ginormous earthquakes from a fissure in the book of vision across the river of time makes the slowpoke well a relic of the future, or even how Slowbro is kinda like a Putpitar on his head or tail as Slowking, so getting a professor at college that's really intellectual and intelligent could be the articulation of a slowking bringing jurrassic raptors as Tyranitars to popular popcorn movies on a stalemate trying to checkmate Tyranitar as the ultimate evil of vanity bringing Super Mario Sunshine with a big Rayquaza Hose to the playground.

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Uuuuum.... What? XD Well that's some crazy thinking haha

Sprinter1988

How about Pokemon Kart, a video game that is essentially Mario Kart but with Pokemon instead.

Rather than item boxes, you get power bars that you can use to attack. The more full your power bar is, the better your attacks, with each attack dropping the power bar a certain percentage. Taking Pikachu as an example, its standard strike of Thundershock sends a jolt of electricity straight forward for a short distance and costs 10% of its power bar (its very weak, but can be used ten times in a row), Swift would then send out three stars at different angles (one straight forward, one 45 degrees to the right, another 45 degrees to the left) and cost 25% power, Electro Ball then sends a large ball of electricity straight forward for a long distance (basically a powered up Thundershock) and costs 50% power, Discharge zaps all the racers around you at a cost of 75% power and Thunder sends a powerful blast of electricity straight forward, knocking over any racer in the way and costs 100%
The Power bar would recover slowly over time, but can also be boosted by performing tricks when jumping off ramps and the like.

All pokemon would be wired like, eg: Charmander: 10% = Ember, 25% = Flame Burst, 50% = Dragon Pulse, 75% = Heat Wave, 100% = Flamethrower
Squirtle: 10% = Water Gun, 25% = Brine, 50% = Aura Sphere, 75% = Muddy Water, 100% = Hydro Pump
Bulbasaur: 10% = Bullet Seed, 25% = Razor Leaf, 50% = Sludge Bomb, 75% = Leaf Storm, 100% = Solar Beam

So basically: 10% = weakest attack, only one angle, can be aimed (Thundershock, Bullet Seed, Ember, Water Gun, Acid, Mud Shot, Rock Throw, Pay Day, Vacuum Wave)
25% = weak attack, spreads out slightly, cannot be aimed (Swift, Flame Burst, Brine, Razor Leaf, Icy Wind, Nightshade, Air Cutter, Fairy Wind)
50% = mid-range attack, only one angle, can be aimed (Electro Ball, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Psybeam)
75% = powerful attack, spreads out widely, cannot be aimed (Discharge, Heat Wave, Muddy Water, Leaf Storm, Earth Power, Blizzard, Draco Meteor, Sludge Wave, Boomburst)
100% = most powerful attack, only one angle, can be aimed (Thunder, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, Solar Beam, Hyper Beam, Sheer Cold, Psycho Boost)

Obviously some liberties have to be taken with how moves work and which pokemon can learn them!

Certain ones of these moves could also have effects on the track: Mud Shot and Muddy Water would leave mud on the tracks while ice moves would leave ice on the track, both causing skid risks, while Sludge Bomb and Sludge Wave would leave sludge on the ground, slowing anyone unfortunate enough to drive into it, while while Rock Throw and Rock Wrecker would break up in impact, causing uneven ground, also slowing players down. Earth Power could also leave the track uneven. All track effects would wear out over time.

Also each pokemon could have a simple physical strike move that doesn't cost power, to be used if an opponent gets to close: Pikachu using Slam with its tail, Charmander using Scratch with its claws, Bulbasaur using Vine Whip with its whips and so on.

Speed boosting tiles on the ground would give your car a potential speed boost, but its up to the player when they use them. If used after one boost, its essentially like using Quick Attack - you speed up for a bit and if anyone is in the way you knock them to the side. If you let it accumulate, you can get a more powerful boost that goes faster and provides more chances to hurt other racers. Pikachu would shoot forward, surrounded by electricity for Wild Charge, Charmander would be surrounded by fire for Flame Charge, Squirtle by water for Aqua Jet, Bulbasaur by a green aura for Take Down. Accumulate the speed boosters to maximum and they get Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Waterfall and Petal Blizzard respectively.

Player characters would include the likes of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Meowth, Lucario, Zoroark, Rockruff, Clefairy, Munchlax, Mime Jr, Axew, Kirlia, Braixen, Croagunk, Psyduck, Marill, Togepi, Gengar, Smoochum, Piplup, Cyndaquil, Chespin, Panpour, Pansear, Pansage, and Steenee to suggest just a few.

Tracks could include Celadon City (Kanto), Viridian Forest (Kanto), the Whirl Islands (Johto), Route 111 Desert (Hoenn), Snowpoint City (Sinnoh), Mistralton City Airport (Unova), Parfum Palace (Kalos) and Wela Volcano Park (Alola)

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Oooh yeah, that's a great idea! I would love to play something like this! It's even more cool to consider the fact that both Mario Kart and Pokemon are one of Nintendo's flagships, so something like this would actually be possible!
Really cool!

I would also add Fuchsia Town, Lavender Town and maybe Pewter City as Kanto DLC LOL, as well as Pallet Town being a "Tutorial" race track. Most of the starting Towns from different generations could be Tutorials explaining the mechanics of the game.
Other cities could be DLC's as well haha, Lumiose, Nimbasa, Mauville, Goldenrod, Jubilife, Lavere would be good additions I think.

The Kantoian Saiyan

Kantoian Trainer
I've recently had an idea of Lucario or even Infernape learning Ultra Instinct. I think Fighting-type Pokemon crossing over with Dragon Ball universe could lead to having good fights and match-ups, even though it could end up being one-sided fights.