• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cruelty

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAwesomeOne

When Plasma beat the Munna, it looked very awkward, and then they were scared when their leader(whose name I have forgot) came and asked them what they were doing.

Grei

not the color
:/ The Pokeball is not a device of cruelty. The Pokemon is given the option of fighting back and breaking open the ball if it doesn't want to be captured. Only the Master Ball can really be called a device of cruelty.

Dattebayo

Banned
Pokemon cruelty is why Team Plasma exists (that is, as long as they're not under the control of Ghetsis).

If there is cruelty in the Pokemon world, let's hope that the Pokemon at least have some sense to fight back.

Derp

[Something funny]
Yes there would be as people abuse animals some times people will abuse Pokemon too.

Profesco

gone gently
pokeball is already a form of cruelty. makes all pokemon obeys you without question like a brainwash device once captured. especially legendaries.

weird that they were nasty to you when battling it, but when caught, they are like puppies.

It doesn't make Pokemon obey without question. Not only has that not been said in-game, you can experience disobedient Pokemon for yourself. Just trade over a high-level Pokemon at the start of your game. =P

Capturing a Pokemon is akin to forming a bond with them. To capture is to become friends and partners; that's why Pokemon listen to trainers. In order to catch them, you have to earn their respect by besting them in battle. Pokemon are creatures that enjoy competition, and the games all state that the competition trainers are participating in is a friendly sort.

Actually letting pokemon battle eachother is kinda cruel.

Like dog fights and **** ^^

Friendly competition, yadda yadda, Pokemon don't get seriously hurt, so on and so forth, more akin to boxing matches than dog fights, et cetera et cetera.

There'd almost certainly be Pokemon cruelty. The bad guy teams in-game give us an example of what some people might decide to do to/with Pokemon. But Pokemon are also smarter and more capable than real-world animals, so they'd be better able to organize and defend themselves. You can't confine in a cage a creature that can chop/burn/atomize the cage at whim, right?

And there'd also be good trainers all over the world standing up against Pokemon cruelty and wiping it out wherever it arose. ^_^

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
know guys the real cruelty of pokemon is letting ur pokemon faint and never revive them when they faint and keep fighting until they can't anymore...when i saw that episode when someone left a charmander in the rain and abandoned him when he clearly a fire pokemon because he called him usless sickins me...if your a veterian player like me you know what im talkin about...it was the first season when pokemon came out...

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
The reason why Seviper and Zangoose hate each other.
Wha? Is there some backstory there that I dont know about(I probably don't tbh :S)? As far as I know that has nothing to do with humans D:

And there'd also be good trainers all over the world standing up against Pokemon cruelty and wiping it out wherever it arose. ^_^

Shell yeah :3

EDIT : And assuming that Legendaries are involved also, none of them would allow it. Most notably the Muskateers.

Last edited:

BlazingCold

No... First of all the pokemon could attack them unless they were magikarps. Keep in mind there are regular animals out there. Plus, here comes Team Mc.Donalds

Snigeln

[AE]Breeder
Sadly, there probably would be A Lot of cruelty, but hopefully also many "save-the-pokemon" groups trying to work against it.
I still think the cruelty coming with Pokemon being real, would be worth having them.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Actually letting pokemon battle eachother is kinda cruel.

It's in most Pokémon's nature to be competetive against other Pokémon, or something like that.

Anyway, no sh*t there would be cruelty. There'd also be death, suffering, sadness, madness, war, and other misfortunes.

The Pokémon world was only made to be the go-happy sunshine universe because the animé is unfortunately aimed at kids. It has LOADS of potential of being aimed at an older audience, hell I'd even start watching the animé again if that ever happened.

But, it won't.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Pokemon is an involuntary sport for the Pokemon. They probably follow along and maybe even like it, but they don't have a choice. Frustration, for example, as a TM, executed properly would indicate your Pokemon doesn't like you, but the game doesn't let them get up and run away.

The anime, manga, etc tries to make sense of it, but the core game says Pokemon don't have a choice but to listen to trainers who have all of their badges. And the function of the Pokeball is a container. Pokemon struggle when you initially try to catch them. They cease to become sovereign beings. The majority of them end up sitting in your PC forever because you wanted to fill your Pokedex.

Black/White hijacked the argument against Pokemon battling by introducing strawman Team Plasma. Their qualm against battling is something we can sympathize with. But when we see someone we sympathize with, incidentally act pigheaded about it, kick a Munna, find out their leader is a complete monster, and their king is deluded, we stop sympathizing with them and by association quit believing their original premise, no matter how much truth it contained, because it is now connected with those instances of horror.

But it is, just a game.

Last edited:

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Sadly yes. There will be Pokemon cruelty.

But they should be able to defend themselfs. I mean come on. They are POKEMON. Use flamethrower, seed bomb, scald, whatever! They all have at least one attack they can use!

.... Poor magicarps tho :p

Flame Mistress

Team Galactic kidnapping the Lake Guardians and leaving all those poor Magikarp to flop about helplessly... And Paul is technically a pokemon abuser too.

Status
Not open for further replies.