• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Cruelty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard91

Pokemon contests. Do you think they like getting fed nasty pokeblocks? Or like using ugly props?

TehLulzMastur

Think about it this way; in the games, we force our Pokemon to breed over to over again just so that we can get one that looks pretty. We spend days upon days fighting the same Pokemon just to train ours in a certain way. Not to mention the fact that the Mafia, the environmentalists and the cults all use Pokemon to battle people instead of using guns.

Venomrec

I'd think just as much as there is animal cruelty will be pokemon cruelty. But your post makes it seem as if that's the only thing happening, the open world with pokemon filled with in it would be mostly pleasant. Eventually on your pokemon journey you'll across some sort of pokemon cruelty but you can just "eliminate" the bad guy, since it the real world & all. "Vigilante"

Flame Mistress

Think about it this way; in the games, we force our Pokemon to breed over to over again just so that we can get one that looks pretty. We spend days upon days fighting the same Pokemon just to train ours in a certain way. Not to mention the fact that the Mafia, the environmentalists and the cults all use Pokemon to battle people instead of using guns.

Ah yes. This. And the fact that you release new-born pokemon into the wild just because it had the wrong IVs.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Do you think they like getting fed nasty pokeblocks?

Who said every poffin is amazing? Look at May/Dawn They could have poisoned their pokemon when they first began making them.

That's why the games tell you what food they like :/ It's the medical herbs that Pokemon don't like because of the taste(which is why they lower friendship).

we force our Pokemon to breed over to over again just so that we can get one that looks pretty
No, we just put them in the day care. They do the breeding. That's why the Day Care guy says that they "seem to get along", or something along those lines.

We spend days upon days fighting the same Pokemon just to train ours in a certain way

Isn't pitting one pokemon against another cruelty anyway? Like a **** fight?
Pokemon like fighting. It's how they train themselves. Wild Pokemon faint and run away after battles, perhaps to go back into the wild for rest.

Last edited:

Richard91

Why do pokemon do all the heavy life threating things. I think they would put sick machokes in caves just for the fun of it. And I agree with Flame poor lv1 poochy released into Challengers cave? ETA untill death would be quick for the poor poke. Electric types used to power cities (Reference to HG SS electrics powering Rocket base.)

coolminun

Banned
Of course, since there's already evidence of it happening in the games themselves. Team Rocket, for example, killed the Marowak in Pokemon Tower, cut the tails of Slowpoke, and made Magikarp evolve against their will. Not to mention both Team Rocket and Team Plasma being known to steal other people's Pokemon, which is in itself considered a crime.

just sums it all up in one stolen pokeball.

725roy

ambivolent
Well, you know how Team Plasma wants to liberate pokemon from cruel trainers?
In the dreamyard, one team plasma member KICKS a munna :l

Keep in mind that pokemon will probably be far more likely do do a 'screwthis, I'm outta here' than real animals, and would probably have the ability to do so, due to their increased intelligence and defense capabilities compared to actual animals

The Outcast

Terminate421
Oh yeah, before I even read the rest I would for sure say that there is pokemon cruelty.

Lets just say its not the Team Rocket mistreatment,

I mean two ways:
Abusive activity (Thanks animal cops)
People thinking that there are more than one uses for a pokemon (Thanks internet for scarring my childhood)

I still remember this one very...disturbing image of a pokemon being abused...I don't feel like sharing unless Im sure I wouldn't get banned for saying it. (Not showing it)

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Well, of course there would be.

There would be those freaks.

People who smash pokemon in a building and breed them so they can get them with more strength, or in a different color.

Pokemon contests don't seem like cruelty. The pokemon may enjoy it, jumping around, showing off their cool moves.

Pokemon battles aren't that bad. I don't like getting hurt, but if i was a pokemon, I would shrug it off and keep on going. Also pokemon ENJOY battling, if you ever played the games. Thinking of it, battling would be fun!
You battle, win, get stronger, maybe even evolve into something epic.

And for evil weirdos who kill people with pokemon\guns. Go blastoise! Use hydro pump! ;009;

dangermags

Pokemon battles aren't that bad. I don't like getting hurt, but if i was a pokemon, I would shrug it off and keep on going. Also pokemon ENJOY battling, if you ever played the games. Thinking of it, battling would be fun!
You battle, win, get stronger, maybe even evolve into something epic.

Lots of animals enjoy playful fighting. In many animals, that's how you recreate or learn survival skills.

However, that can always be taken too far. A little kid may abuse his cute little Pichu to death, not understanding the difference between play and hurt. Unscrupulous trainers Will have their Pokemon fight harder than necessary, going so far as to deliberately hurt the other Pokemon beyond what is allowed, often into serious injury or death. Heck, fighting to the death or till broken limb might become standard rules in underground Pokemon fights, outside the eyes of the law.

The world of Pokemon is a lot more idealistic than ours, but it still has it's many dark sides. Heck, the mangas alone show several instances of serious injury and death among Pokemon - Arboks being sliced in half, Magmars shattered into several icy pieces - and even the games hint to severe cruelty being a very realistic possibility in their innocent world.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Yes, I do believe that much cruelty would take place, however, even after a pokemon is captured, it still retains its free will and spirit.

EVEN in a master ball, that legendary would just have to flap its wing or stomp its foot to get the pokeball out of your hands.

A master ball simply won't fail.
It wont force the pokemon to join you.

I mean come on, if it wasn't lookin for a trainer, why would it be waiting in tall grass? There is a perfectly unhoppable waist high fence just a few pixels away. XP

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Does the legendary Pokemon understand that you have six Pokemon in your pocket ready to outnumber it, and moreover does it know what a Pokeball is and why it should knock the ball out of your hands? Of course, it considers you a threat, because you managed to reach it's lair, but it doesn't know how much of an overpowered threat you really are.

Evandamonster

Poke Philosopher
Maybe if it wasn't real life.

In a world full of pokemon, humans would be some of the first to go when it comes to "survival of the fittest". With rodents firing off thunderbolts, bugs breathing fire, 30 foot worms of steel causing earthquakes, ghosts traumatizing children, and purple blobs polluting the air/water supply, we wouldn't last long... Good luck trying to be cruel to one of them; hell Pikachu would have killed Ash 20 times over in the first episode xD

Last edited:

dangermags

Maybe if it wasn't real life.

In a world full of pokemon, humans would be some of the first to go when it comes to "survival of the fittest". With rodents firing off thunderbolts... we wouldn't last long... Good luck trying to be cruel to one of them... xD

It helps that Pokemon are extraterrestrial beings not native to this world. Considering that the earliest Pokemon, Mew, was recorded in in tablets as early as prehistory, it's likely that humanity was advanced enough to develop weapons, domestication, and primitive societies before the Arrival. And considering all the Cool primitive Pokemon were being relegated to the depths of the ocean, I doubt primitive Man would have had much difficulty with primitive Ditto and Unown.

By the time the first Feraligatr crawled onto land, Mankind had surely come to understand and control what Pokemon had assimilated into their societies.

Or worshiped them as deities and kept them locked up in caves. Either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.