• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon cry you love and hate in pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I'm not sure if someone has open a thread like this, if there's one pm me
I'll delete this

Just name the pokemon with the cry you love or hate, you can also
state reasons why you hate their cry

Pokemon cry I love
dedenne - probably its cry was cute
sylveon - love its cry just like how a breeze is felt

Pokemon cry I hate
mamoswine - yeah it always got me irritated, whenever i hear it
bouffalant - that cry just wants to make you dig your own grave

There's mine then its your turn

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Ones I like:
Lefeon - Its very reminiscent of nature
Victini - It's like nothing can stop it, even defeat!
Cinccino - It makes me want to hug it!
Shieldon - It sounds like something just glanced off its head.
Whimsicott - its like its saying "WHEEEE!"
Skitty - Here kitty kitty!
Resharaim - Its just so Majestic!

Ones i don't:
Aerodactyl - Sounds like a nightmarish sky creature - oh wait....
Jynx - Probably the longest (and most annoying) cry out there...did i mention dishearteningly annoying?!
Staraptor - "STOP SCREAMING AT ME!"
Kyurem - just generally startling/annoying
Gothetelle - reminds me of horror movie moments, makes ME want to cry...
Skunktank - "Who farted?" (despite this one, I like the pokemon)
Venusaur - Just because its sounds dangerously similar to Dragonite, and vice versa...

Last edited:

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
I'm not sure if someone has open a thread like this, if there's one pm me
I'll delete this

Just name the pokemon with the cry you love or hate, you can also
state reasons why you hate their cry

Pokemon cry I love
dedenne - probably its cry was cute
sylveon - love its cry just like how a breeze is felt

Pokemon cry I hate
mamoswine - yeah it always got me irritated, whenever i hear it
bouffalant - that cry just wants to make you dig your own grave

There's mine then its your turn

Bouffalant's cry is awesome. Better than its pre-evolution Tauros.

I like all the cries, except Aurorus.

I like Leafeon. and Swirlix's.

I HATE krikitunes.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
What i noticed is that the cries of charizard and rhyhorn r the EXACT same and i dont lik tht

I do like typhlosion, exploud, sceptile, and rampardos

Austratus

a paper man
What i noticed is that the cries of charizard and rhyhorn r the EXACT same and i dont lik tht
That was the case with a couple of first generation 'mons, but with the remastered sound of X/Y, they sound more distinct.

With that said, I think my own list of faves and dislikes would depend on whether or not we're counting the ones that got changed in Gen-6 or not. Some of the ones I really liked previously to the change sort of... lost their impact.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
With that said, I think my own list of faves and dislikes would depend on whether or not we're counting the ones that got changed in Gen-6 or not. Some of the ones I really liked previously to the change sort of... lost their impact.

were there cries that change during gen6, i haven't even seen one

Austratus

a paper man
were there cries that change during gen6, i haven't even seen one
To be clear, not "change" as in multiple cries for one Pokemon (aside from Mega-Evolution), but "change" as in compared to what they were in Black and White versions and older games etc.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I love a lot of them but here are some of my favourites:

Unova starters: I think they all fit well in their designs.
Hypno: Hilarious that I love it.
Amaura & Aurorus: Sounds like real life dinosaurs and makes me enjoy them both.
Xerneas & Yveltal: Fitting to their concept of life and death respectively.
Gliscor: Sounds like swooping down to gets its prey!

And a couple of cries that I'm not fond of:

Aromatisse: Love everything about it except for its cry, I just wish the volume was a bit lowered.
Ekans: Have no idea why but I just wish it was a bit more fitting.

LitWicked

Litwick Rampage
I personally dislike Pignite's cry which sounds like a passing of gas.

Quils

Strange Creature
For some reason I love Remoraid's cry, it's so funny c:
Like WizardTrubbish, I also loke Phantump's cry. It fits so well.
Others I like include Klefki's, Florges, Braixen, etc.

Is it strange for me to dislike Pikachu's new cry? I don't like anime cries... It makes more sense to me for Pokémon to make strange noises instead of saying their name.
Other than that... Aromatise's cry is scary...
Oh, and I dislike those older Pokémon's cries that still sound outdated, even in X&Y.

RandomPurple

I like Torterra's, As my favorite pokemon and first starter, it just sticks in my head. Krikitune's sticks too for whatever reason, no clue why... But I HATE Diggersby's. And stunfisk's, they're very similar, if my memory serves me correct.

unresponsive

still in a dream, skin eater
Staraptor, Talonflame and Swellow all have really neat fitting bird cries. Kricketune and Lopunny are hilarious, I love replaying them in the Pokedex screens. Linoone is another favorite. Togekiss's remastered XY cry is so goddamn freakish it's amazing.

There's none too many I don't like, I guess ones you hear really often like Zubat or Oddish.

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
Kricketune has THE BEST cry in pokemon :p Swoobat's, Maractus', Escalvier, Crustle and Aurorus are all cool too :p

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I'm a fan of Giratina's, Combee's, Blaziken's and Aurorus's cries for various reasons. There aren't many I dislike, except maybe Persian's, which is always death to hear when playing with the volume way up while wearing headphones.

Also not a fan of many of the Gen VI "remasters".

Favorite Cries
1st Generation: Raichu - it took me a while to get used to it's improved cry in X and Y, but I love it!
2nd Generation: Typhlosion - because who doesn't love the giant fire badger's cry? ...okay, some might not like it, but I do.
3rd Generation: Chimecho - it really sounds like a wind chime, which I love.
4th Generation: Piplup - that high-pitched birdie noise sounds cuter every time I hear it.
5th Generation: Emboar, Escavalier, Zorua, Victini, Reshiram, Meloetta, Krookodile - yeah, I like quite a few of the cries from this generation... so amazing...
6th Generation: Fennekin, Diggersby, Fletchling, Vivillon, Flabébé, Floette, Furfrou, Aegislash, Amaura, Sylveon, Dedenne, Goodra, Trevenant, Noivern, Yveltal - MY EARS WERE NOT READY FOR THIS MANY AMAZING CRIES.

Least Favorite Cries
1st Generation: N/A
2nd Generation: N/A
3rd Generation: Swampert - I only realize now how out-of-place it tends to sound...
4th Generation: Dialga, Giratina - like nails on a chalkboard for me...
5th Generation: Venipede line - no, these cries are LITERALLY nails on a chalkboard...
6th Generation: Delphox (sorry), Litleo, Aromatisse - Delphox's just sounds out-of-place, Litleo's sounds annoying, and Aromatisse's is creepy...

Status
Not open for further replies.