• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Crystal Chronicles

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Name: Cyrus Mason
Hometown: Port Vermillion

Description: Standing 6'1", Cyrus has a slightly muscular frame, although he has trained himself more for agility, sneaking, and acrobatics. He also has a tan skin complexion, as well as several scars and tattoos. Meanwhile, he wears a black bandana over his long, black hair, which is tied up in a ponytail. He also has a black goatee, along with dark brown eyes and a scar over his right cheek.

Cyrus dresses in predominantly black leather to avoid drawing attention to himself. His usual outfit consists of black leather boots, pants, and a black jacket, all usually loose fitting clothing to allow for easy movement. He also doesn't wear much in the ways of jewelry or another useless trinkets or baubles. His clothing isn't anything fancy either, as Cyrus's main objective is to avoid drawing attention to himself.

Cyrus's main physical attributes are his perception, his strong eyesight and sense of hearing. He also has very exceptional dexterity, able to wield and effectively use weapons that require deft, quick movement. Lastly, he has trained himself well in terms of agility. He lacks raw, physical strength, however, and relies much more on his weapons and sneaking rather than his ability to fight hand to hand. But, if he absolutely has to, he will.

Personality: Guile, deceitful, and sneaky, Cyrus is nothing less than a rogue, a raider, a smuggler, an assassin, a saboteur, and whatever roguish role he needs to fulfill. Cyrus doesn't care for morals, as morals can't buy anything while money can. Cyrus will be out to seize any opportunity he can, and he feels that if he doesn't take it, some other person will and won't even make very good use of it.

Seeing as how Pokécite is a very sought after resource, Cyrus is out to steal and acquire as much of it as he can. As a member of the shady Indigo Brotherhood, he receives top dollar for the Pokécite, along with many other pleasures and perks for being a part of the secret thieves guild. Cyrus feels most of the people that are carrying Pokécite are clueless as to its true potential. Cyrus is willing to acquire it however he can, whether it involves theft, lying to owner into relinquishing it to his possession, or if all else fails, assassinate the owner to obtain the precious resource.

If things truly go bad, Cyrus knows and can retreat from danger, knowing there is no shame in running to live and fight another day. And frankly, the best defense is simply running away. If the situation calls for it, he knows how to blend in, disappear, and ensure he's never seen again by those that would want him dead or captured.

In terms of personality, Cyrus has no personal interest in Pokécite. Wearing it proudly is simply arrogant in his opinion, and those that flaunt it deserve to have their throats cut. He understands where the fascination is, but he feels it's far too rare of a thing to wear it openly and not expect danger. As a result, he only acquires it for the money, and the shady Indigo Brotherhood is promising him a lot of gold coins for each one he acquires.

Cyrus also hates the rich, and despises haughty, arrogant nobles who like to walk on the poor. Cyrus has only scraps of honor, as he won't assassinate a poor, lowly person, but will instead steal from those that already have more than they could ever possibly use in their lifetime. And even though Cyrus is out to make money, he would never allow himself to become like the rich nobles that think the world is theirs to feast upon. He also makes allies out of those that know the rich very well, such as their servants or the local bartenders. It helps him immensely when it comes to separating nobles from their wealth and precious resources.

As a side role, Cyrus also works as an actor and an entertainer, simply for show, to get an assessment on his targets, whether they're people or particular items of value, and to act as an informant for his rogue allies. Celebrations such as festivals, parties, weddings, and the like often call for Cyrus to serve as an actor and a performer. As a result, it allows him to get close to his targets without raising suspicion, or allows him to help his Indigo Brotherhood associates find and track their target as Cyrus keeps them entertained and distracted. Cyrus is also very good as a master of disguise, able to appear to be someone or something else, with the ability to feign different accents and voices.

History: Cyrus was born in Port Vermillion as an illegitimate child. His mother abandoned him early in life, and as a result, Cyrus learned to live off of the land as a thief. He gained street smarts as a result, and relied learning off of experience instead of formal education. When times were hard, he worked as a librarian and a scribe, although he disliked that kind of work. It did, however, teach him how to read and he did gain respectable money from it. However, a fire at the blacksmith carried on from building to building, burning down the blacksmith, the bakery, the jeweler, and then the library, leaving Cyrus completely out of a job. He later moved on to become a locksmith, which ultimately gave him plenty of knowledge of how to manipulate and pick locks.

When he became a teenager, he was picked up by the Indigo Brotherhood after they had caught him sneaking into a local butcher shop. They admired the way he was able to pick the lock in record time, sneak in even while the butcher was inside, wipe his coffer clean, walk out like there was nothing to it, and blend into the crowd, almost to the point where they lost track of him and wouldn't have been able to recruit him. He also passed the initiation process, asking what was in it for him, and to not trust the recruiters so openly until they showed him the money and the goods. Simply accepting it all would have resulted in him being considered too naive to be given the opportunity.

While Cyrus's skills were admirable, they were still raw and unrefined, and the Indigo Brotherhood assisted him with that, showing him how to fight in case things got messy, or how to get away from the local guards. They also gave him tests, everything from assassinating haughty nobles, piracy, creating counterfeit goods, and smuggling. The only times Cyrus failed was because of an unforeseen event or circumstance, or because someone else badly messed things up and compromised the mission. The Indigo Brotherhood didn't regard him any less because of those failures, and just assured him that every now and then, bad luck reared its ugly face.

Through his twenties, Cyrus became attracted to money, liquor, and women. The Indigo Brotherhood promised him plenty of all of those things with the acquisition of Pokécite, and the allure of such pleasures was worth more than a few magical stones. In the meantime, he feels Pokécite isn't as useful or practical as a weapon or training in skills. He feels that in order for it to become useful, one must own a lot of it, and Cyrus isn't at all a collector of such things.

Fighting Style: Cyrus sticks to quiet, stealthy combat as opposed to the rushing out in the open and screaming war cries before plunging into the fight like a barbarian berserker. He is very skilled in small blades, from daggers to throwing knives. He also knows all the best spots to thrust one in and make an assassination quick and quiet. If things get difficult, he'll make a run for it, and won't be stupid or arrogant enough to take on a force that he knows would be impossible to handle. He also knows it may be easier to allow his adversaries to chase him so he can allow them to get separated and then get taken down one by one.

Cyrus never uses Pokécite himself, he simply retrieves it and gets rewarded for turning it in.

Weapon of Choice: Mainly daggers, throwing knives, and other short but sharp weapons. Cyrus likes them for their speed, ease of concealment, and quiet nature. As blades get bigger, they get harder to use and require more effort and time between each attack, and Cyrus has no interest in such things. A well-thrown knife or dagger can do the job any sword can do, only with much more speed and lethality.

From time to time, Cyrus will use a bow and arrows, but those occasions are rare. He's only moderately skilled in using a bow, and he feels it doesn't have the same flair as a throwing knife, slashing and spiraling through the air before landing in the head of his target.

Starting Poke'cite: None. Cyrus doesn't use Pokécite, he only gives it to the Indigo Brotherhood in exchange for money, respect, and other pleasures.

Other: Cyrus has strong lockpicking and forging skills, able to create counterfeit goods and documents. He is also an outstanding actor and entertainer, and is also very exceptional at lying and getting valuable information out of people.

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
@midgeorge: Close enough. Accepted.

@Neo Pikachu: Accepted, but I hope you realize you're putting yourself at a massive disadvantage by not having any Poke'cite.

George~©

All Gravy
I keep editing things but it doesn't seem to go through. I've edited the cap out now. Bandana is just a piece of cloth, that should be fine.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, when is the rp going to start? Sorry if someone has already asked.

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
As I said, the RP will start this weekend- Saturday, probably around noon PST (provided I get my chance to sleep in). And let me say this again, since there will certainly be many people asking....

SIGNUPS WILL BE OPEN THROUGHOUT THE RPG. THEY WILL NOT END UNTIL THE RPG DOES.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Now this is new. A Pokemon RPG where we don't have any Pokemon. And I don't think I've ever been in any of your RPG's, so this should be interesting.

I'm working on my signup now, but I have a couple of questions in the meantime:

1. Just to clarify, there will be no firearms of any sort, right? Or does gunpowder still exist here? History is really not my area of expertise... but then again, we're technically in the future, not the past.

2. I was under the impression that Cerulean is a riverside settlement (which explains why there used to be Goldeen in the waters of Routes 24/25 rather than Tentacool), not along the coastline like Vermilion is. Every Kanto map I've seen shows Cerulean nowhere near the coast. Not to mention to the east are the mountains that the Rock Tunnel runs through. I guess I just can't fathom how Cerulean can be next to the ocean and am in need of a geography lesson.
(And yes, that's where I'm having my character be from)

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
Pleased to see you're interested. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1.) There are indeed firearms. However, said firearms are not very advanced, seeing as how Kanto is having to create them again from scratch. You'll probably find something in the same scale as a Flintlock musket, but nothing more advanced.

2.) Your confusion is understandable (and it makes me wonder how nobody else caught that...). I consider Bill's home to be a part of Cerulean City, which is understandable given the fact that it's very close, and the area gives access to the sea. As you can see on the map of Kanto, Bill's house is by the ocean. This is further hammered in when we see his house in the anime. That's why I Cerulean is a seaside village.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Thanks! (How could I forget about that anime episode?) Oh yeah, and another thing I wanted to ask was this: As there are no more Pokemon (besides the Dark ones of course), have people gone back to domesticating ordinary animals? Like riding horses and such? Although I do have to wonder if there were any ordinary animals besides fish and worms left while Pokemon existed. Geez, this RPG really gets complicated when you get down to the details... >_< Hopefully this is the last question I'll have to ask.

(Well, better to ask questions first than to sign up and find something doesn't work out, right?)

EDIT: Gosh darnit, I thought of another question. Are we allowed to have more than one character?
(I actually got in trouble with the GM a couple of times for signing up as two characters without asking first...)

Last edited:

YDT

Positively Ecstatic
Name: Emery Snipe
Hometown: Saffron Junction

Description: Emery is pale and meek looking. He is average height at around 5’8” and is underweight at around 103 lbs. He is really frail and weak, due to genetics and lack of exercise not malnutrition. He has dark purple eyes that in the dark looks almost black. He has light green hair, that when crouched down in a field would blend into the grass. His lips are a dull red and his cheeks looked almost stretched over his jaw.

Emery normally wears a light brown cloak like his father that ties around in front. He usually exposes the clothes he wears through the front and the hood is always down. Underneath it he wears cotton shirts that normally white, some are colored. He has brownish-yellow fur drawstring pants and brown leather shoes.

Personality: Emery is a shy and quiet person. When he meets new people he will be extremely quiet and they probably won’t even notice he’s talking. It will take him a few days to get the confidence to be loud enough to say “hi”. If someone is at all intimidating the person will probably never hear him talk. After he is completely comfortable with a person he’s still rather quiet. He will try to hide behind anything when a stranger comes up to him when he is alone.

Emery is also very calm and intelligent. His emotions never cloud his judgment (except fear) and he will always be able to think things through to come to a good solution. He has a lot of natural intelligence and also has gained a lot of knowledge from all the reading he has done in the scriptorium. He will not rush into things without careful thought.

History: Emery was born in his three bedroom house in the Saffron Junction. He has a father, Rhett, his mother, Minnie, and his 13 year old brother, Gerrit. Emery’s father works at the scriptorium as a scholar and knows a bit of magic, and Emery has followed in his footsteps. Rhett’s family has been scholars there for many generations. Rhett met Minnie when he travelled to Cerulean Coast as a young adult. She was the daughter of a fisherman, and had had many relationships in that city of romance. She had only felt the spark of love though when she met Rhett, the feeling was mutual. They met on the beach, and Rhett impressed her with his knowledge. After a few weeks Rhett had to return to the scriptorium and had convinced Minnie’s father to let her come with him.

When Emery was 4 years old, Rhett took him to the scriptorium and instantly loved reading all of the various texts. As he has gotten older Emery went to the scriptorium more often. Recently he has been practicing with mages that work at the scriptorium, as a favor to Emery’s father. Gerrit isn’t scholarly like his brother, and prefers training at the Saffron dojo to reading at the Scriptorium. His physical strength is much greater than Emery’s, but he is a little hotheaded. Gerrit has been training there for a few years, but is still one of the rookies there. The fact that Emery is more like Rhett means he is normally favored by his father, this has caused a bit of resentment from his brother.

Emery occasionally takes home readings, so that he has something to do at night. This made him very attached to his lantern which he would use very often. His father noticed this and his liking for using the mages Poke’cites. He took Emery’s lantern and had a crest installed on the bottom. He then returned the lantern to Emery and gave him an orange piece of Poke’cite which he had saved up to buy for him. Emery was very ecstatic when he received it.

Fighting Style:
He has very little experience fighting because he is a scholar. He practices with the one Poke’cite he has a lot for some relaxation time. He has practiced with various Poke’cites from borrowing some from his dad’s friends who are mages. The mages only have special Poke’cites so those are the only one’s he has used. His favorite types are dragon, psychic and electric.

Weapon of Choice: A Bronze Lantern. Can be used as a melee weapon because of how dense it is. The handle stays in place as the entire lantern is one piece of metal. At the bottom of the lantern is a crest for Poke’cite. It is still useable as a lantern, with the candle hole in the middle.

Starting Poke'cite: Twister – An orange stone that has the move twister inscribed in it. A mini Tornado appears out of the lantern sucking things towards it and then towards the lantern. After a few seconds the tornado ends and anyone who was caught in it flinches for a few seconds.

Last edited:

GroundedWings

There's a question I would like to ask. You mentioned that weapons have to have slots crafted into it in order to use one or multiple Poke'cites. But is it possible to use the Poke'cite without having a medium to channel those powers?

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
@Kiruria: It is my opinion that other animals, such as horses, birds, and fish, have always existed in the Pokemon World, but are less effective than Pokemon were, hence why they generally roamed wild (no, people are not eating Remoraid or Goldeen when they order sushi). As for your second question, yes, I will allow a second character, provided you can handle it. No more than that though- I don't want people spending an RPG talking to themselves when there are other people around.

@YDT: One slight problem. When a formula is etched onto a Poke'cite, it doesn't have a clear indication as to what ability it grants, short of the color indicating type, and it certainly doesn't have it spelled out. Fix that little detail and you are accepted.

@GroundedWings: No. A Poke'cite's power requires a formula and a crest to be drawn out. However, this crest can be on ANYTHING. This includes, and is not limited to, Swords, Axes, Bows, broomsticks, shovels, whips, clothing, and even your own body (though the procedure is life-risking and few people are willing/have the knowledge to perform the surgery). Keep in mind that the effect may change based on what you stick the crest in. For example, the skill "Gust" when stuck in a sword may create a burst of air, but with a more magical-oriented object (Staves come to mind), the spell may produce a tornado.

treespyro

Vintage much?
One question. How many slots do you have left?

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
There are no slots. I'm not putting a limit to the number of people who can join this. Sure, it means more work for me, but the more the merrier.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Finally, it's done. ^_^ Apologies for the fact that it took me a year-and-a-half (give or take a day) to complete.

I decided to bring the Crucibow back, and give it a history that would make it acceptable to exist. Even though I'm putting it in the hands of someone incompetent, it might be a bit too much for the RP. If so, I'll just change it to a regular crossbow.

Name: Simon Sharpe
Hometown: Saffron City

Description: Average height, below average weight… in truth, Simon’s physique is quite bland. He doesn’t have as much physical strength as most people do, and while he does try to wear his clothes a bit bigger than normal, it shows. His skin is exceptionally pale – not because he spends most of his day in the scriptorium (which he doesn’t), but simply because it has always been that color and refuses to change. Oddly enough, his white skin isn’t burned easily by the sun; well, all but the top of his nose, which, if one looks closely, will always be a bit redder than the rest of his face. In fact, he wears glasses just to detract attention from his nose – the extra power to his already dimming eyesight is an added bonus.

He keeps his glasses clean and aligned for a proper, businesslike appearance, allowing his blue eyes to stand out behind the circular glass and add a bit of color to his pale features. A bundle of earthy brown hair completes the set; cared for, but let free to go whichever way it wishes to atop his head. Longer than some, it never falls into his eyes, (though it may sit above them). A proper smile can always be found grinning on his face. In terms of apparel, Simon is never without his worn dark green overcoat with a light grey trim. The coat covers over his arms - white cuffs dawn on the wrists – and falls to the halfway point of his legs. Three black buttons also hold the coat in place. Though, like most of his clothes, it fits bigger and can be a bit stuffy at times, Simon personally rates his durable jacket a four-star necessity to his civilized attire.

Along with his overcoat, Simon sports a faded linen shirt and a pair of black linen trousers, both of which are in need of replacements. (Thankfully, his overcoat manages to hide some of the ‘worn’ areas of the clothing). Around his neck during colder times is a yellow tie-like scarf, which is as practical as it is comfortable. A pair of leather boots, reinforced with wood to prevent water from soaking in, keeps his feet safe from the swampy terrain that is his workstation. A set of leather, fingerless gloves finishes the costume. After all, you can’t go wrong with gloves.

Regardless of season, Simon includes a brown leather belt with his attire. It goes around his overcoat, making it look a bit more like a tunic than a jacket. On his belt is a metal sheath that is supposed to hold a dagger, though he has used it to hold the bolts needed for the Crucibow. Where’s the dagger? At the moment, Simon is using it as a handy bookmark for his scientifically-inclined journal. His pen nests itself behind his ear when not in use.

Personality: One quick glance at Simon will tell anyone that he isn’t the strongest guy in the world. His arms and legs are practically twigs, just waiting to be broken. Anyone could beat him in a battle without breaking a sweat. In fact, they’d probably slice him in half and use him as a pen. At least, that’s what Simon thinks the soldiers and workers around him say. He’s always had a humble, under-confident perspective of himself. It’s the reason why he has a tendency to give up quickly, to shirk away from duties that he knows he’ll mess up it.

If you look up the word ‘coward’ in a dictionary, you’ll probably see Simon’s name underneath it in big, bold letters. Simon had never been a courageous kid, and that cowardliness never left him, even as he grew. He’d easily watch his friend get beat on by a bully, too afraid to do anything to help. If a thief came up to him with a knife, he’d run away as fast as he could instead of trying to reprimand the man himself. Running away is really his only skill; in fact, it’s his motto. He’s too weak to fight, so what would standing up give him? A black eye and a bloody arm? What’s the point of saving someone if you can’t even save yourself?

Now, this doesn’t mean that he’s cowardly when it comes to work. In fact, Simon is more than eager to take on a rigorous assignment… providing it doesn’t have too much physical activity. No, Simon’s cowardliness is limited to his physical wellbeing. Brains over brawn, as they always say. There are people who fight, and there are people who take flight. Simon is the one who takes off for space.

Despite his fears, Simon is actually quite knowledgeable, especially when folklore and legends are involved. He’s always had an interest in the unexplained, in myths and tales that could never truly be proven. Dreams of discovering hidden ruins, or a hidden land beyond the vast oceans of Kanto pervade his thoughts. Of course, he could never do any real exploring. He’d be dead before he climbed the first cliff…

Unlike most soldiers, workers, and civilians, Simon isn’t very fond of battle. Sure, he’ll watch two knights fight each other in an organized duel, but ‘uncivilized’ fighting is just… uncultured. It’s for this reason that he winds up being a peacemaker when two people are fighting. Analyzing is one of his strong points, and he can usually work out an agreement between two fighting parties… if both aren’t steaming with bloodlust, of course.

History: Simon spent the early years of his childhood in Celadon Castle Town, where his family owned a small house near the town’s mark. His father was a scholar, a wise man who spent most of his time locked away in his study, while his mother was a woman who felt her family needed more muscle in their bloodline. The two had very different styles of raising, styles that conflicted with each other at every possible point. And in the middle of it all was Simon.

Seeing as his father rarely had a chance to take in sunlight, let alone talk to him, he took to his mother’s ideals. Strength, agility, chivalry… that was what a man needed to gain honor and prestige. Her words seemed true to Simon; at least, that was the goal that most of the other boys were following. Becoming soldiers, joining the ranks of the Kanto Knights and fighting away the brigades of Dark Pokemon… it seemed that everyone wanted to be a part of the war, to send the demon hordes back to the hell they ascended from. As soon as he hit 10, the minimal age, his family sent him to apprentice as a soldier in order to gain the honor of becoming a Knight’s apprentice.

All looked well on the outside. He could get through the drills – not well, but he could drag himself through them. He could pick up a sword and swing it in a way that made it look like cunning, though it was really just him wavering at the training weapon’s massive weight. But things went wrong as soon as he entered indoors. The generals above him noticed his sluggish learning speed of combat and punished him for it. The boys who apprenticed alongside him knew he was weaker than they were, and they took advantage of it. After but a year of apprenticeship under the generals, Simon knew that strength and agility were far out of his league.

He returned home and began studying as a scholar, much to his mother’s disapproval. Learning information, writing notes, reading literature… it was all ten times easier than his apprenticeship under the generals. By the time he was fifteen, he had gathered enough knowledge to make a living under it. Unfortunately, his mother realized it, too, and so, he gathered his belongings and left for Saffron, barely stepping through the door of his old home before it shut behind him with a definite thud.
On the road to the Saffron Junction, however, he was attacked. Not by Dark Pokémon – no, that would have been a blessing. He was ganged upon by a merciless thief – a pack of merciless thieves, really, who beat him to a pulp and stole what little he had with him. They hid his bloody body behind the bushes, taking care in keeping him from the public eye, and went on their way, ignorant of the moans that echoed from inside the foliage.

Though he refused to believe it at the time, the chances of being discovered were slim to none, and the possibility of being eaten by a carnivorous Pokémon was a frightening statistic. But miracles happen each day, and within a few hours of his life, he was greeted by a man who came crawling through the leaves on his hands and knees. He sniffed the ground like a dog, and it was only when he lifted his head that his species could be distinguished. In the waves of Simon’s darkening vision, his face softened, and with a toothy grin spread upon his face, he uttered the words, “Now that’s the man I’ve been looking for!”

The events between the journey to the Junction were blurred by conscious, although Simon decided later that the man had simply dragged him along the pavement to their destination. He awoke within the confinements of a small room, one whose walls were covered with the colorful gems known as Poke’cite. Curiously, he reached out to touch one, only to have the man who had saved him reprimand him with the slap of a well-sanded ruler. A period of argument began between the two, followed by a civiler conversation in which Simon gave his thanks and explained his current situation. The man listened with dull inattentiveness, and it was in the middle of Simon’s story that he offered him a job. As Simon had nothing left to call his own, he accepted… though not without hesitation.

He regretted his decision immediately. The man, an eccentric inventor and Poke’cite expert by the name of Marcus, (but who preferred to be called Wally), immediately sent him to work looking for more of the precious stones. Like his combat ability, Simon’s talent at discovering Poke’cite was about as natural as the inventions Wally created. For days he would walk outside into potentially hazardous regions, only to turn around with empty hands and a head held low in shame.

As such, it did not take Simon much time to discover the man’s motive for hiring him. As a Poke’cite analyst, Wally spent most of his time tinkering with the stones, measuring sizes and carving formulas with enough precision that he made a living off of it. His work was not a social one; the only contact he had with his fellow humans was on a need-and-business basis, and having Simon around was one of the few ways he could curb his hermithood. He spent hours explaining the details his complex inventions to his employee, the rambles of a loopy inventor who dreamed about using Poke’cite as an energy source.

He worked with Wally for two years, becoming more and more inept at the trade as time progressed. As Wally was a secretive man, (and, sometimes, a bit of a creepy one), he learned little-to-nothing about the trade that the inventor dabbled in, nor did he want to; any work that caused a man to crawl and claw his way to a paycheck was not a trade he favored. Though the stones were always available, he was never allowed to touch them, lest he be reprimanded for ruining their shimmer.

Fate had its way of breaking Simon’s relationships. During one of Simon’s fruitless Pokecite hunts, a nasty fire struck the Citesmith’s home, burning anything and everything into a charcoal soot. No body could be identified among the ashes, nor could any remnant of the Pokecite collection that had once hung along the walls. It was a decidedly suspicious affair, and Simon couldn’t help but wonder who would murder the old coot for a mass of Poke’cite that hadn’t even been inscribed.

As he was out of a job once again, Simon applied for work at the Scriptorium, and was quickly granted a position organizing the findings of the few research teams who searched for and inscribed Pokecite used in the creation of barriers. He worked diligently, collecting information and burying it within the Scriptorium’s store of records, (although not without taking a few peeks at the discoveries first.) It was during this time that a will written in Wally’s handwriting was found buried underneath the remains of Wally’s own home. The single piece of paper, attached to an odd contraption supposedly entitled the Crucibow, willed the machine to Simon. Further examination revealed a hidden compartment holding an inscribed Poke’cite that fit easily into the Crucibow’s center.

Since gaining the Crucibow, Simon has worked in the Scriptorium for about a year. His home, gifted to him by the Scriptorium, is nothing but a small room with a cramped study, but it is a blessing in comparison to sleeping on the streets. He has not thought much about using the Crucibow; on the other hand, his mind has been racing with the facts of his mentor’s death, pieces that do not fit together as well as they should.

Fighting Style: F-f-f-fighting? Oh, you have it all wrong. Simon isn’t a fighter. He can barely hold a sword properly, let alone his bookmark-dagger (which is really used for cutting, anyway). In a city like Saffron, people don’t need to fight; they just need to run in the opposite direction as fast as they possibly can. And, being the thin person that he is, Simon’s great at running away. If he was in a battle, well, he’d probably try to use his intellect to find his opponents weak point – long-range or short; power, speed, or tact – and then exploit it to his advantage. But fighting… fighting is just out of the question. So let’s not talk about something like that…

Weapon of Choice: For the most part, Simon’s weapon of choice is his feet. Years of flighting instead of fighting have given him the endurance of a long distance runner, the speed of a sprinter, and the lungs of a yodeler. He is well practiced in the art of making himself an unworthy target, keeping his valuables locked away in a safe under the floorboards of his own. Inprominence is his greatest trait; after all, there’s no need to run from a robber if he’s never robbed in the first place. He also has his bookmark-dagger, but let’s face it – it’s more suited for bindings and paper than it is for flesh and blood.

Technically, he does have an actual weapon at his disposal, a device crafted by the ever-tinkering fingers of Wally. A lovechild of the common crossbow and powerful paws of the Dark Pokémon, the Crucibow is adaptable to both long-range tactics and short-range combat via its ability to change between crossbow form and claw form. Though the technique to change between types of weaponry can be, at times, a bit slow, its versatility in fighting styles makes it useful in almost all situations.

In its crossbow form, the Crucibow appears to be nothing more than a modified bow. Each piece of the Crucibow is made of a unique, dark-toned wood that is as light as it is durable. A sturdy wire is held tot by the bows two ends, both of which continue past the wire and curve away from the user in an ornate pattern. The system is mounted on the base, a rectangular piece of wood with three grooves. Unlike most crossbows, which have only one firing point, the Crucibow has three, each facing in a different direction. The angle of the left and right points can be adjusted individually using a circular gear of each side of the crossbow’s base. On the sides of the base, past the gears, are two holes which can be used to hold and use Poke’cite.

When changing the Crucibow from crossbow to claw form, Simon presses a button hidden in a small wooden compartment of the Crucibow. Once the button is pressed, a grip latches onto the wire and pulls it downward, causing the rest of the crossbow to fold with it. The three firing points release three jagged claws, and the two curved ends of the original bow interlock. Any equipped Poke’cite is held within one of two holes on the inside and outside of the claw. A hand can easily fit behind the interlocking ends, and can sturdy the claw by holding onto a vertical piece of wood leftover from the original Crucibow design. In this form, the Crucibow acts… well, like a clawed hand, whose fingers are unfortunately immobile.

Transformation back to the Crucibow requires another press of the button, and proceeds through the reverse of the technique listed above. Up to two Poke’cite can be held in the Crucibow at a time via a hidden compartment inside the Crucibow’s base, and up to two Poke’cite can be used at a time.

Starting Poke’cite:

+ Confuse Ray – In crossbow form, the Crucibow fires a set of three bolts, each imbued with a ghostly power. Upon contact with any object, the bolts burst, releasing a startling blast of white light, accompanied by a loud screech. Those within a few feet of the blast are stunned for a moment and may cringe, while those closer to the blast may be confused by the sensory-jumbling attack. In claw form, the Crucibow releases the light automatically from the Poke’cite on the glove. The move is more potent and effective when used at close range, though not without a cost; the blast is capable of affecting any and all people within its vicinity, including the user or their allies.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Okay, at long last, here is our romantic hero! This is a character I've never played before, one who is in dire need of development.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Cormack Tinuile
Hometown: Cerulean Coast

Description: Though Cormack is eighteen, he looks much younger, perhaps thirteen or so. Being short doesn't help him at all here--standing just over five feet tall, he frequently finds himself standing on his tippy toes to see over crowds. In addition to that, he has a very boyish face and an almost milky complexion, with skin that rivals a girl's in softness. His eyes sometimes take on a golden tint in the sunlight, but are actually hazel in shade. The straight, straw-blond hair atop his head falls just below his ears, with a bit of fringe over his forehead. As he travels, it has a habit of frizzing over time and collecting bits of real straw. Because he is a traveler and not (yet) a fighter, his figure is very average, exactly at the midpoint between thin and chubby, with most of the muscle being in his legs.

Though the world has become more primitive, it is still unacceptable for such a lad as Cormack to run around naked. Even so, he lacks much of a fashion sense, preferring clothing that's simple and easy to move around in. Rather than keeping a large wardrobe, he will wear the same clothes over and over again, washing them only when absolutely necessary and changing them only when they become unwearable or if there's a special occasion. He applies the same washing principle to himself, meaning he doesn't consider taking a bath until he becomes obviously dirty or people complain about his body odor. Thus he has a rather weathered and trampish appearance when wandering about.

The outfit he's been wearing lately starts with a shirt made of a simple beige cloth, with a little bow tied in front and a wide collar that occasionally slides to the side and exposes a shoulder. He keeps the long sleeves rolled up at the elbows, and there are a few tiny holes that he doesn't care about fixing. As he really doesn't like wearing cloaks for some reason, he instead keeps a coat which he ties around his waist when it's not cold outside. This deep brown coat, made of a soft leather, is rather light, though he enjoys snuggling up to its wooly lining. It also is equipped with elbow pads, which is helpful since he frequently uses his forearms to break a fall. Because he always keeps this coat with him, even if no cold weather is to be expected, one cannot see too much of his pants (which are plain and uninteresting anyway). Black boots made of a tougher leather cover his feet and the lower third of his legs, being sturdy enough for travel yet light enough for running.

Cormack wears a simple black belt around his hips--it is to this that some of his tools are attached, like a canteen and a hunting knife. He also carries around a pair of heavy-duty gloves, although he only wears these in combat or when traveling through thorny brush. Resting on a hook attached to his belt is a shield, made of a dark polished wood and having an almost pentagonal shape, about two feet wide.

Personality: Cormack is a brave, honest, and benevolent fellow, practical in his ideals yet curious about the wonders of the world. Optimistic by nature, he loves to try new things and brighten up existing things. Though many say that he is mature for his age (often underestimating how old he is, of course), he still has a sense of innocence about him, often taking things at face value rather than searching for the hidden meaning behind things. This also leads him to underestimate how dangerous something is, though he can be discouraged if someone warns him about such danger. Although he loves to explore places, those places are usually close to home as a result. He keeps his curiosity limited to areas around him, having no desire to be a worldly scholar nor having much concerns with the central government (that is, the queen and her council).

They say that one's hometown has a profound impact on one's personality. This is certainly true of Cormack. A Cerulean boy at heart, he has a knack for seeing the beauty in anything life has to offer. Even a pile of rubbish in the street has some elusive quality about it that makes it beautiful in a sense, so he would say. He's very modest about this part of himself, and by no means does he consider himself an artist or a romantic. But romance is still something that pops up quite often in his mind, and he believes in true love, portraying it in light of a faery tale. Sometimes in the more idle times of his life he daydreams about just what his mellifluent maiden would be like.

Those above qualities do not make him a softie, regardless of what many may think. Long has he known about the virtue of standing up for oneself, about continuing on even when the world seems to be against you. As such, he won't hesitate to stand and fight when he falls into the clutches of evil. However, he is still a little too young to fully embody this concept, and to understand when and where it applies. This plays into his major vice: his temper. For the most part he is a benign and conscientious kid (gee, even I'm falling into that age trap), but things change when someone insults or threatens him. It is then that the aggression breaks out of its cage and flurries around the room like electric sparks. He won't become annoyingly upset as in a toddler's tantrum, but he will become needlessly aggressive and physical, and will stop at nothing to put the offender in "their right place". The only way to get him out of this is to force him to be alone (to give him a time-out?)--only then will he have the time and space to cool down and reconsider things.

Well, it's not that bad, and over the years he's had a slightly better time controlling his anger. Nowadays he can tell if someone is joking, so it takes either a good amount of humiliation or a serious threat to tick him off. The more petty things might cause him to simply shout at the person or just get really irritated (this commonly happens when the bartender thinks he's too young for a drink), and he gets over it quickly. Even if he does fall into a full-blown rage, it doesn't take long for him to recover and move on, acting as if it never happened.

Okay, that's the main stuff, but now it's time for the little quirks. Cormack gets along much better with women than men, feeling an urge to shy away from the latter. This even applies to younger boys. When out and about in an unfamiliar place, rather than being timid, he walks with pep in his step, smiling at passersby. He tends to be more kind to strangers than those he's more familiar with, and sometimes he likes to give little presents to random children he meets or small flowers to anyone who seems nice. Though he acts in a casual manner around most people, he feels the need to be obedient to known superiors almost to the point of mindlessness, and lovingly polite and even poetic around anyone he has romantic interest in. And finally, he gets edgy when people mispronounce his last name--the proper pronunciation is something like "tih-NOO-il-uh", and boy will he lecture people about the specifics of it.

History: Though not the youngest of his siblings, Cormack was (and still is) most definitely the runt. Being around five boys who were as much as twice his size was quite unsettling for him. His brothers' idea of fun was carrying him around the house and dragging him by his tiny little wrists, if they weren't busy playing music or helping their mother bake bread. Yes, his parents took on the more humble professions, his mother running a bakery, his father functioning as her manager but also having quite a talent for music. But they never paid as much attention to him as the other boys, mainly because he was, well, a runt. Back then he was a timid little boy, preferring to keep to himself and explore his parents' possessions and the backyard. The only thing he ever stole from anyone was an ocarina his father had--apparently he didn't notice it because it wasn't his favourite instrument and he had many others.

Everything else he just borrowed and enjoyed. His parents' lessened attention on him in the midst of five brothers made it easier for him to leave the house and explore around the beautiful village of Cerulean. They didn't mind this exploring too much either, for Cerulean was one of the safest villages around. As long as he didn't wander into the town of Saffron or the prominent port of Vermilion, he was okay. Even then he was rather fearless about exploring. The only thing he was ever genuinely afraid of was the spooky presence of the swamp to the southeast. After that late afternoon spent sitting upon the rocky hills near the river, where he looked out over the fog-laced swamp and could swear that there were ghosts or malevolent demons wandering about, he swore to never set foot near that area again. Even to this day he has nightmares about that place.

Cormack spent the next few years trying to gain more recognition among his family. He would spontaneously help out his parents in the bakery, although he quickly realised that he had terrible luck when it comes to cooking. By the time he was in his tweens he didn't have the bony and scraggly figure he had in his youth, but people would still make fun of him because he was short. He even tried to prove himself to his siblings by trying to find a girlfriend before any of them could, but every girl he tried to woo could obviously tell that he was trying too hard. To prove that he wasn't a chicken, he took dares from his siblings, which went well for a while, though they often lead to embarrassment which resulted in a petty fight with the brother who offered the dare. But when the wily youngest brother dared him to walk into the Lavender Swamp, he vowed never to take dares again (he didn't even take that one, which is why he's still here).

During his teenage years, Cormack spent as little time at home as possible, exploring around Cerulean and the surrounding towns (by then he was old enough to do so) for as long as the sun was up. To make it up to his parents, he would bring them flowers or herbs or wild grains to use in their bread, and would sometimes earn small amounts of money for it. But as one by one his brothers left to get married, he knew that soon his time would have to come as well. Having learned his lesson from years before, he became a little more shy around girls, trying to gather information on which ones he liked first before trying to talk to any of them. There was one girl who he had a definite crush on at the time: she lived in the beautiful castle of Lady Nautia, and he had heard from some townsfolk that she was training as a member of her guard. Besides that, all he knew about her was her striking appearance and her name: Avery.

When he was sixteen, Cormack decided that he wanted to join Lady Nautia's guard. There were two reasons for this. One, he wanted to be close to Avery (though he never told the Lady this). Two, he figured that by becoming a good fighter, he could prove to the world that he was not the worthless little runt his family had made him out to be. Besides, he really admired the fact that Nautia could gain such a high position among the military ranks (if they even were considered a "military"), because women were classically underrepresented in such areas.

But it wasn't that easy. As Cormack sort of expected, the guards laughed at him when he said that he wanted to train under Lady Nautia. One day when he went to the castle, he got into a fight with one of the guards who teased him, and got beaten up pretty badly. This got the attention of the Lady herself. She arrived on the scene to see Cormack on the floor in tears, complaining about how badly he wanted to be part of the guard. She talked to him for a while, first mentioning that he learned his lesson in picking a fight with a guard. Then she reminded him of the seriousness and responsibility such a position entails. She told him that if it was in fact his heart's desire to fight for the well-being of Cerulean (and Kanto as a whole), he had to demonstrate self-control and strength of will, that he could fight without falling victim to his temper.

Cormack spent the next two years dwelling upon these words of Nautia's. Naturally, his parents wouldn't allow him to join the guard, thinking he was too puny for the job. They knew such a position would be dangerous, especially given the threat of the dark Pokemon. In one sense Cormack was touched, because this was the first time his parents expressed genuine concern for his well-being, the first time they really seemed to want him to live. They even let him help out in the bakery again (for any task that didn't involve cooking), promising to give him an allowance this time.

But Cormack's mind was made up--he would join the guard, no matter what his parents thought. He continued to travel, under the guise that he was out looking for potential mates, but what he was really doing was seeing what the world was like, so that he knew what he would be up against as part of the guard. He learned how to properly negotiate with the tricky merchantfolk in the port of Vermilion. He spent much time camping out in the cliffs overlooking the ocean, casting a forlorn gaze at the occasional couple sitting there and watching the sun set. He practiced a bit with a spear he had purchased in town, getting to the point where he was fairly confident about fighting with it.

Despite all this, Cormack had to do something about his temper. Twice he had to replace the shaft on his spear, after it got broken during a fight he got provoked into at a tavern or something. Every time he replaced the shaft or polished the spear off after it got scratched or something, he would think about just what got him into the fight in the first place. But he could never remember. It was probably some petty thing that could be tolerated, yet something would mysteriously cause him to overreact to things. And it bothered him that he couldn't find out what that something was. All he could do to avoid getting into such fights was to either promptly leave whenever he felt agitated, or try to tease the person back (though the latter was hardly ever successful or came with more negative consequences). Oh well, at least it helped somewhat.

During his travels, Cormack came across a couple of young ladies who took romantic interest in him. But he would refuse. His heart was set on Avery. Whenever he got the chance, he would look up at Nautia's castle, hoping to spot her through the window. He sent her a letter once, but never received a reply. At that point he knew that the only way he could get to her was to go after a position on the guard.

When he walked up the castle's front steps for the first time in two years, he was petrified with worry. I can't do this--I really am just a runt, he thought. These guards outside have every right to make fun of me... and here he dodged a tomato being thrown at him, ...blubbering goofballs they are. But I'm ready. Ready to accept whatever duty will bring... and I really have nothing to lose. Avery, this is for you.

And with that, he took his first steps into the spacious foyer. Lady Nautia rose from her seat and walked towards him, holding something in her hands. It was a crystal... and not just any. It was a Poke'cite. Cormack had earned it. "When you touched this floor, carrying that spear of yours," she said to him, "you accepted the duties and responsibilities that will be expected of you. After being humiliated in front of my guards, you came back. Once you have the wisdom, knowledge will lead you the rest of the way." Cormack nodded and accepted the bright yellow crystal. After seeing a blacksmith and incorporating the Poke'cite into his spear, his training was about to begin.

Once accepted into the guard, Cormack began to think about the dares he used to take from his siblings, namely the one to enter Lavender Swamp. He began to wonder why he refused that dare, besides all the warnings about how dangerous it was. Unbeknownst to Lady Nautia, later that afternoon he took another trip to the rocky hills where the Rock Tunnel used to be, gazing out over the swamp for the fist time in forever. Something inside him knew that in order to truly prove his bravery, he would have to enter that swamp, hopefully becoming the first person to come out of it alive. Though he wasn't as afraid of the haunting presence about it as he was before, he would still have to be careful. For now it's a secret entry in his unwritten to-do list.

Fighting Style: By now, Cormack is pretty good with a spear and in basic melee combat. However, he likes to be versatile in his fighting style, so that he could be ready for any type of danger he might come across. He's especially interested in learning how to handle different types of weapons and how to use magic. He hopes that his training in the guard will give him a better understanding of such things.

Weapon of choice: A spear, duh. The one he has is about as tall as he is, made of an ashy, polished tree branch with a few knobs scattered about its otherwise straight shaft. The tip is a simple triangular steel one, with a beveled surface and a couple of spikes jutting out horizontally at the base. A few inches beneath the base of the tip is the crest for his Poke'cite, sitting in what used to be a knob on the shaft. Cormack uses this spear not only for fighting, but for reaching for objects that are high up (i.e. fruit on trees), pushing a rowboat along the shallow part of a river, or even as a sort of pole vault while jumping across a ravine.

Besides the spear, Cormack also likes to use small knives in combat (he always carries around a hunting knife), and wants to learn how to use a sword. And while he was in the blacksmith's shop waiting for his Poke'cite to be "crested", he collected a few sharp metal shards off the ground, figuring he can use them to his advantage in a fight by making the opponent step on one. (At first I was thinking about giving him a Spikes-formula Poke'cite, but later thought that that would be pointless.) He likes tricky little weapons like that.

Starting Poke'cite: Spark. When used, it produces a field of electric sparks around the tip of Cormack's spear (it helps that the tip is metal, so the sparks get conducted easily). When Cormack stabs someone with this electrically-charged spear, the target receives an electrical shock that has a chance of stunning them for a short period of time (this is playing off its chance of paralysis in the games). It is a rather simple Poke'cite, perfect for beginners who already have a weapon.

((And yes, Maree has agreed with the connections to her character. I am aware of the fact that she and Drat have plans for their characters, so it looks like I'd be spending the RPG trying to foil those plans...))

Last edited:

capitalh

if sign ups are still open I would like to sign up. How about a corrupt reporter?

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
@pokefan0234: I already have a good idea of how to work you in to the story. Accepted.

@Kiruria: I get the feeling Cormack will be a comic relief character. I've got the perfect group of NPCs to help you. Accepted.

@capitalh: Signups are indeed still open. As for your reporter, I'll decide when I see the SU.

capitalh

Name: Victoria O’smith

Hometown: Goldenrod (I know this is taking place in kanto but I am starting wwith my character being taken to viridian.)

Description: blond hair with a flame-like ponytail down (imagine buck). Has blue eyes and a bit tan skin. She dawns a blue trench coat and blue jeans. She always carrys 2 cameras and a recorder in her pocket. She has a slight scar on the back of her neck form a “deal” that was going on. And her shoes are the type track runner use.

Personality: She is the most persistant person will will probably meet. If she has a goal she will probably get it through any mean. Though this might get to the point of iron-headedness. Friends? More like gears in her utamate goal of getting info. Although has been able to tell a lie a mile away. Although there is a hole in the ice developed in her heart.

History: From the age of 12 she knew exactly she would do with her life, getting the truth and knew she could get there but her parents didn’t agree. Being the person she is she made it a good reason to get there. So after collage she was able to get on the golden rod news team as a coffie jockey… not what she wanted. Although from some “convincing” (let’s just say her 5th victim is still in the psychiatric hospital) she became second lead reporter. Along the way she learned about how the bisness really works on a “commission” (blackmail) and how to use “Charisma to convince” (using force to get the whatever she needs). They said that if she could do a muti-part exclusive on kanto they would make her lead so victoria decided to take it and now that lands her into the story.

Fighting Style: usually a sneak up then hit style but when that’s not possible activates her pokecite and throws it/slides it to get past the six feet rule but if both fails she tries to get her weapon back and run for dear life. As for experience she has done “hard-core casting” and gotten in position for a kill but never actually pulled the trigger on anyone.

Weapon of Choice: A smaller version of a Shamshir with the pokecite heart stamp. When activated it emanates a odd psychic power which makes any male within 6 feet of the blade think that Victoria is “enchanting” and will usually comply but exceptions include those who have strong will power or has their heart set on a lady already. There is also a 3 minute very maximum (most likely 2 minuets)

Tasslehoff

ExplicitEclipse
Name: Yxvaryl (Yax-va-ril)

Hometown: Celadon Castle Town, but having no idea who his parents are, took up the life of thievery and had become a very successful petty thief. After feeling like he wanted to become a better thief he broke into a high-ranking Knight’s house, stole a blade (described in the weapon section), and ran away to the Viridian Forest (current location), it is wise that he murders any Knight in case he is caught and not venture to close to Celadon Castle Town.

Description: Yxvaryl is not very muscular but strong enough to carry and wield correctly the blade that he has stolen. He has black hair with blue eyes. Typically wears light clothing or leather armor when traveling. If you want to see what he looks like, wanted posters are around Celadon with NO KNOWN LOCATION (if that works).

Personality: Being a thief, he has a good personality to charm people and is very socialistic. He prefers to be in a crown than away from others.

History: He is an orphan with no known knowledge of history, his parents, his age, and anything that would be taught in a school.

Fighting Style: The locals of Veridian Forest are teaching him to fight with the blade, so he can fight off people looking for the sword and Pokemon. He relies on traps to trap things and finish them off due to the lack of knowledge of how to kill with the sword in a fight.

Weapon of Choice: Traps and the stolen blade. The blade starts like a regular sword but is then cut open so that two points of the blade are showing (In every way similar to the energy sword used in Halo, except this is made of iron, not plasma).

Starting Poke’cite: A Bright Red stone that has been fitted correctly into the sword by the original owner, the attack is Ember and when used, it takes the life force of the user and uses the energy to make the sword glow red and burn the opponent.