• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon D/P US Version Dated for Spring 2007

Ballade

Ultimate Destoryer
D/P are bigger than R/S though, so would likely have a longer translation period.

Ok, look at it this way:

DS cards are half the width of a GBA cartridge and also half the length, yet the DS cards can play with graphics that surpass the N64. Now, considering that they're still using sprites for a majority of the game, that leaves alot of memory left for all the text. Now, since it's possible to make a game better than N64 graphics in just half the size all around of a GBA cartridge, it shouldn't take that long to translate it. Not to mention that sometimes they'll translate as they program it, or at least make a text dump that's been translated. Pretty much, the earliest we can expect D/P is Jan. and the latest in April (and the biggest reason why we have to wait isn't because of translation, it's because that companies will sometimes work on several other projects and games, and instead of having 5 different games released by the same company at the same time, they'll break it up into little bits: We still have Pokemon Ranger and Mysterious Dungeon heading our way, both of which aren't coming to a DS soon until around the same time Diamond and Pearl hit the shelves in Japan. Plus, there's the other version of Mysterious Dungeon that they plan on sending onto the DS so that both versions are on the same platform instead of how there were two different versions: one on the GBA and one on the DS. It's mainly the marketing reasons as to why we don't get it soon. Plus, there's also the shipping. It will take at least a week to ship ALL of the copies of DP to America and all across the world to the respective branches in each country. Once that's done, it will take at least a month for them to ship all the copies of Diamond and Pearl to each store, and that one month is at the earliest.

When it comes right down to it, translation isn't the reason why games are often 4-7 months apart from the US release and the Jap. release, it's the marketing and shipping. In fact, by November the games should already be in the hands of Game Freak's branches in America and everywhere else, and it'll probably take them awhile to translate the copy that was sent and then to make more copies that are already translated. Those final copies are what go to shelves, which as I said before, take time to get to. Once after all the orders are complete, they ship the games out, and then record who gets the order and when. It's just like in the movie business, a release date is only finalized after every store has their order and are set for selling.

hikozaru kid

hikozaru is king
;munchlax;
im gonna get it off ebay when it comes out in USA (i live in uk)

i live in uk 2 and i gettin it off ebay coz i cant be bothered to wait 2 months to translate the word mom to mum!

Black/Light

. . . .Im still saying Dec-Jan. . .

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
Yup, I also read this in my Nintendo mag the other day. Seems like a reasonable date, and it is said that is the UK release as well. It's going to be worth it no matter what so I'm fine.

GodFather

The PokéChamp
Europe has to wait 2-3 months before it gets released here tss, for just a couple of transalations to a couple of european languages and they never release one in dutch or a couple of other langauges so i think they may released it here faster then the other european countries. But after a week when its released in america i'm gonna get it (special shop after a week of release in the us you can order it).

Rheine

Stabby McStabface
That's so late...i'll probably reached puberty at that time :p

And that's iN US...not Indonesia...and i must buy DS if i want to play it

Eszett

one love
Why are you guys complaining? You should be plenty satisfied you're even getting a game.

As for me, this is all the better. Now I have more time than I thought to save up my money for a DS Lite and the games.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
D/P are bigger than R/S though, so would likely have a longer translation period.
Nintendo is a big company they can release D/P whenever they feel needed in the west. translation time is no problem. Nintendo can release games on the same date in all regions if they wanted to. Square Enix makes long and text heavy RPG and yet most of their games release about the same time in all regions. If Nintendo can release Twilight princess in all regions at about the same time then they can do D/P. Its just a marketing decision to try an help pokemon ranger sell loger and not get overshadowed by D/P.

アーシェ

I might import the US version since it's region free and I'm planning to go to the US in spring.

Nintendo is a big company they can release D/P whenever they feel needed in the west. translation time is no problem. Nintendo can release games on the same date in all regions if they wanted to. Square Enix makes long and text heavy RPG and yet most of their games release about the same time in all regions. If Nintendo can release Twilight princess in all regions at about the same time then they can do D/P. Its just a marketing decision to try an help pokemon ranger sell loger and not get overshadowed by D/P.

Most of the S-E games? That's not true since the EU versions are released like 5-6 months after the US versions (some of these games are even released 1 year later).

Last edited:

Munchlax Master

Munchlax Ruler
Im getting the ds for christmas and Pearl for my birthday if it releases before than April 20th

The carter

Marsh Trainer
meh that sucks, oh wel gues I'll get my version somewere around august/sept 200.....7!! since I live in europe and I aint giong to order from nowhere ,their are plenty of other spectacular game scoming out in '07 (mass effect, bioshock, halo 3,fable2, mgs 4,gta4 etc etc.) so nintendo can take this date and shove it up their.................

*damn I'm so frustrated, was hoping for a DEc Us release and a spring release in europe*