• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Day 2024 - Next Pokemon Game Speculation/Discussion Thread

ShadowForce720

Plus there's VGC and I don't know if people would want to be stuck using Scarlet and Violet for VGC for four years straight. Oh yeah, and all of the other pieces of the franchise like the anime and TCG depend on the usual three year cycle so that they can more quickly get new Pokémon to market and make merch out of.
This argument doesn’t work because they can easily release a new game that’s not Gen 10 in 2025 or if a main series game comes out this year then they can do DLC in 2025 to hold us over until Gen 10 in 2026.

Also if they had no problem sticking the vgc in Sword&Shield for 3 years having Scarlet & Violet be the VGC for 4 years isn’t going to make much of a difference.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This argument doesn’t work because they can easily release a new game that’s not Gen 10 in 2025 or if a main series game comes out this year then they can do DLC in 2025 to hold us over until Gen 10 in 2026.

Also if they had no problem sticking the vgc in Sword&Shield for 3 years having Scarlet & Violet be the VGC for 4 years isn’t going to make much of a difference.
Not only would there be an extra year involved here, but also a completely new console. And besides, neither BDSP or Legends Arceus were fit for competitive play anyways. Legends Arceus didn't even have online battling or trading of any kind.

ShadowForce720

Not only would there be an extra year involved here, but also a completely new console. And besides, neither BDSP or Legends Arceus were fit for competitive play anyways. Legends Arceus didn't even have online battling or trading of any kind.
That really doesn’t as the first Pokémon main series for a new console doesn’t tend to come out until a year more after the new. Console has been released.

Also BDSP and Legends Arceus being thing proves that they have no problem keeping the VGC in the same games for a while so an extra year isn’t going to make that much of a difference.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That really doesn’t as the first Pokémon main series for a new console doesn’t tend to come out until a year more after the new. Console has been released.

Also BDSP and Legends Arceus being thing proves that they have no problem keeping the VGC in the same games for a while so an extra year isn’t going to make that much of a difference.
It would just be stale and lead to lower interest compared to if they just put out Gen 10 in 2025 and have 2026 be the first VGC cycle for it. The only way it wouldn't be stale is if they released more SV DLC, which I highly doubt.

ShadowForce720

It would just be stale and lead to lower interest compared to if they just put out Gen 10 in 2025 and have 2026 be the first VGC cycle for it. The only way it wouldn't be stale is if they released more SV DLC, which I highly doubt.
Not really again they had no problems keeping the Gen 8 VGC stuck in Sword&Shield for 3 years have Scarlet & Violet VGC around for 4 years isn’t going to make that much of a difference.

Pokemon Power

Not really again they had no problems keeping the Gen 8 VGC stuck in Sword&Shield for 3 years have Scarlet & Violet VGC around for 4 years isn’t going to make that much of a difference.
Plus, if you recall, the pandemic affected Gen. 8's VGC.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Plus, if you recall, the pandemic affected Gen. 8's VGC.
Yeah. Gen 8's VGC was heavily affected by COVID. There was no World Championships at all in either 2020 or 2021 due to the pandemic, so Sword and Shield really only had one year of VGC. Scarlet and Violet won't have that excuse.

Yveltal91057

I love the smell of cows farting in the morning.
All I want for Pokemon Day 2024

Switch ports of the Gen 1-7 games
Black 3 and White 3 (Set 15-20 years after Black 2 and White 2)
A new Legends game
One more DLC for Scarlet and Violet

Last edited:

In the next 3-5years:
BW trilogy
Gen 10

Then after Gen 10, hopefully Pokémon take a break with new gens and just expand on the 10 regions we have by creating prequels or sequels. They can still introduce new Pokémon in each game just say we discovered new species whether completely new, regional variants, branch evo, or convergent species.

Add new areas, new stories, new characters, new Pokémon, and even gimmicks to old regions. That would be a great way to expand the lore without creating a new Gen.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wild Unova speculation incoming

"ThePokémon Company International have announced a special collaboration that will run in New York on Pokémon Day, February 27th. To celebrate both Pokémon Day and the release of Pokémon Horizons on March 7th, the landmark will be lit up in blue and yellow between sunset and 2am EST

Alongside this, there will be exclusive Timed Research in Pokémon GO for players nearby which gives Pikachu in a Party Hat, as well as event themed PokéStops and Lure Modules that will have a chance of attracting Unown"

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm still not thinking we're revisiting any past region at all.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
you know i wouldn't be mad if they just do another bloated mythical/legendary event like Mewtwo and Zeroara

I just realized I can complete Home's pokedex if I had a Diancie.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
All I want for Pokemon Day 2024

Switch ports of the Gen 1-7 games
Black 3 and White 3 (Set 15-20 years after Black 2 and White 2)
A new Legends game
One more DLC for Scarlet and Violet

You're asking for a lot for one year. lol

Honestly, we are more likely to get BW3 and a Legends game than we are to get Switch ports of past games, especially before the 30th anniversary. I don't think we should even waste our time hoping for it.

ebevan91

You're asking for a lot for one year. lol

Honestly, we are more likely to get BW3 and a Legends game than we are to get Switch ports of past games, especially before the 30th anniversary. I don't think we should even waste our time hoping for it.

I think if Switch ports happen it will just be gens 1-3 since they aren't dual screen games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think if Switch ports happen it will just be gens 1-3 since they aren't dual screen games.

I think so as well. Honestly, all I really want is Ruby & Sapphire, which I'm sure can be easily implemented with online compatibility.

Pokemon Power

That seems like the best scenario. I mean for the DS games, it seems like they're just releasing new versions of them, as evidenced with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.