• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Diamond Battle Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof.Oak

Hi everyone,
I'm playing pokemon diamond and I am trying to take on the Battle Tower.
I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for a good team. If so can I know what natures they should be, what their IV's and EV's should be in and any extra tips. I would also like to know what streaks people have got to and what pokemon they used to get them?
This is what I have been planning to use at the moment....

;197;Umbreon@lum berry
Special ability-Synchronize
Nature-Impish
Moves-Screech, Payback, Double team, Rest
Ev's-HP:36 Defence:252 Sp.Defence:220

;477;Dusknoir@Chesto Berry
Special ability-Pressure
Nature-Careful
Moves-Toxic, Will o Wisp, Double team, Rest
Ev's-HP:130 Defence:252 Sp.Defence:128

;248;Tyranitar@Expert Belt
Special ability-Sand Stream
Nature-Adamant
Moves-Aerial ace, Earthquake, Brick break, Crunch
Ev's-Attack:252 Defence:88 Sp.Defence:188

Last edited:
Natures, IV'S and EV'S should be the same considering you would be battling tough opponents with unbelievable movesets.

I got up to a streak of 39 once with Weavile,Infernape, and Dusknoir. After that I never used the tower again because I lost.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
i got a level 54 streak with my lvl 63 Rhydon, my lvl 59 Blastoise, and my lvl 53 Infernape. I think your team is good, but Can i ask you 3 things? 1. what is umbreon gonna be used for; speed, strength, sp.atk, atk? Is salamance a MixedMance combo, or just a regular attack mance, and 3, what are there movesets? i think that you should decide on either Dusknoir or Umbreon, as two of a similar type will not be succesful. i reccomend umbreon, as dark is super-effective to any elemental types such as ghost and pyshic, it can learn a range of moves, and it has a really good base speed stat, for evading and outwitting foes. i hope this helped, please take the time to look at my thread, under the 4th Gen heading: In-Game Team Rate. its called Pokemon Heartgold wi-fi battle team, please advise!!!

thanks again, hope i helped,

your friendly neighbourhood Donut :)

Prof.Oak

My Team

Right okay here is my the team I am using at the moment:-

;197;Umbreon@lum berry
Nature-Impish

Special ability-Pressure
Nature-Careful

Nature-Adamant

Just want some ideas and opinions?

Right okay here is my the team I am using at the moment:-

;197;Umbreon@lum berry
Nature-Impish

Special ability-Pressure
Nature-Careful

Nature-Adamant

Just want some ideas and opinions?

One thing about Dusknoir; you should get rid of double team for protect, and give it a berry to heal from sleep once rest is used.

Prof.Oak

Why do you think I should change Double team for Protect?

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
no, i think that you should lose double team, and maybe swap it for an offensive move. if you really want the lowering foes accuracy/ raising your dusknoirs evasiveness, then go for a low scoring offensive move such as mud bomb, which lowers foe accuracy, but personally i would abandon that attempt. i think that maybe you should invest in shadow-sneak, Shadow Claw, or dark pulse. my ideal moveset would be: Dusknoir @ Life Orb: WIll-o-wisp, Shadow Sneak, Dark Pulse and REst, and swap Umbreon's screech for Toxic (if your still planning to use it after looking at my previous comment) if you need any more advice, PM me and ill set up a thread for our disscussion in the heading "Pokemon Games - 4th generation" and put it in In-Game Team Rate

Prof.Oak

Cheers Guys I will take it all into account :)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Natures, IV'S and EV'S should be the same considering you would be battling tough opponents with unbelievable movesets.

I got up to a streak of 39 once with Weavile,Infernape, and Dusknoir. After that I never used the tower again because I lost.

LoL

Umbreon would do better with Curse / Payback / Toxic / Wish.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
my ideal umbreon moveset would be: Payback, Toxic, Wish, and Fire-Fang. Payback would be it's trademark move, Wish to heal, toxic to stall, and Fire-Fand for pesky Pyshic/steel types, such as bronzong and Metagross. its also good to have the fire move to spread your net wide. personally, i would think about a secondary umbreon that knows thunderbolt, Wish, Payback and grass knot, as that would be another way to tip the scales.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
my ideal umbreon moveset would be: Payback, Toxic, Wish, and Fire-Fang. Payback would be it's trademark move, Wish to heal, toxic to stall, and Fire-Fand for pesky Pyshic/steel types, such as bronzong and Metagross. its also good to have the fire move to spread your net wide. personally, i would think about a secondary umbreon that knows thunderbolt, Wish, Payback and grass knot, as that would be another way to tip the scales.

Without Curse Umbreon can't hit very hard and could proably be 2HKO'd by a Physical Fighting Move even with EV Investement. Payback hits really hard with Curse , so Curse is more ideal.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Without Curse Umbreon can't hit very hard and could proably be 2HKO'd by a Physical Fighting Move even with EV Investement. Payback hits really hard with Curse , so Curse is more ideal.

which is why, if it came up against a fighting type, he would switch to Dusknoir to take the hit, since fighting isnt effective at all

Prof.Oak

Yeah, that would be my battle strategy, then if a Ghost or Dark type Pokemon came out, I would switch to my Tyranitar.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
which is why, if it came up against a fighting type, he would switch to Dusknoir to take the hit, since fighting isnt effective at all

You guys don't get it ; switching into a Fighting Type Move won't always work as the AI might be using something else. Curse is much better. Fire Fang is **** without a Stat Boosting Move in Umbreon's case. Payback is better by miles anyways. Payback can usually 2HKO a Fighting Type at +3 , since it lowers Speed and raises Attack , which meands it's like getting a +2 for Payback if it goes last.

And btw Tyranitar sucks in this team. Sandstorm damaging all members except for it's self , not good.

EvilTyranitar

Hey Professor Oak!
I agree that Tyranitar isn't good for this team. It's a good pokemon for sure (I obviously think so), but it's not worth damaging your own pokemon with sandstorm.
I would recommend one of these 2:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 255 SpAtk / 255 Spd
Nature: Calm
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Or

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: I don't know exactly how you want to spread it, but put most in attack and speed, and a little in HP
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Hey Professor Oak!
I agree that Tyranitar isn't good for this team. It's a good pokemon for sure (I obviously think so), but it's not worth damaging your own pokemon with sandstorm.
I would recommend one of these 2:

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 255 SpAtk / 255 Spd
Nature: Calm
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Or

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: I don't know exactly how you want to spread it, but put most in attack and speed, and a little in HP
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch

Just a side note. 4 isn't a muliple of 255 , so you're wasting 4 EV's which should be dumped into HP. And Timid is always better on Starmie.

In most cases Earthquake works better than Fire Punch unless we're talking Heatproof Bronzong. Either way , you'll get walled by one of them anyways.

Last edited:

Prof.Oak

I chose tyranitar to back up my dusknoir. dusknoir is susceptible to both dark and ghost type moves, whilst tyranitar is resistant to both of these types and can take out a ghost type quickly with a STABed crunch or a dark type with brick break. tyranitar is designed to come out only once my other pokemon have fainted, he can take hits whilst still being capable of dealing massive damage. starmie, like dusknoir, is likely to get OHKOed by a STABed ghost type move, whilst dragonite lacks the movepool and stats in the right areas of tyranitar.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
To be honest, i would Recommend an entirely new team. i think that the team you currently have lacks enough support regarding abilities and types. because i know other pokemon you have, i would suggest you re-breed some of them and create this team:

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
Lonely Nature
EV's: 168 Attack/ 168 Sp.Atk/ 168 Speed

Earthquake
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Agility

Salamance @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Hasty Nature
EV's: 202 Attack/ 202 SP.Atk/ 100 Speed

Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Crunch

Blissey @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
EV's: 252 HP/ 126 Defense/ 126 SP.Def

Toxic
Wish
Softboiled
Psychic (better than seismic toss as it can kill off fighting as well)

If you would like a more diverse team and want to swap one of them for a more defensive pokemon, the try this:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace/ Natural Cure (preferably natural cure, but im not sure if it can get that)
Calm Nature
EV's: 168 HP/ 168 Defense/ 168 Sp.Def

Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Wish/ Aura Sphere

you would use wish if you were replacing Blissey, but if not then use it as a great wall, and give it aura sphere. im not sure about its specific role, as its not a tank as it can't deliver hits, yet its not a proper wall as it does status effect them. its not a cleric either, (unless it knows wish) so i'd go with the paraflinch set (credit to EvilTyranitar for showing me the paraflinch combo first)

EvilTyranitar

I agree 100% with the all-knowing donut!
Except have blissey's nature be bold, not impish. Impish will decrease special attack which will weaken its psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.