• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Diamond Battle Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof.Oak

First of all I wouldn't use Blissey as my tank mostly because he would be one hit KOed by any physical fighting type move and any physical STAB bonus move, and what would togekiss be used for?

EvilTyranitar

The key with blissey is to have something else that can take care of a fighting type that may come up. Blissey is meant to be a special wall.
And togekiss should run a paraflinch set.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Aura Sphere

Thunder wave and air slash are the 2 important moves here. First, use thunder wave to paralyze the opponent. Then spam air slash. With paralysis, serene grace, king's rock, and air slash's flinch rate, the chances of your opponent getting an attack off are pretty slim.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Seismic Toss is almos talways better on Blissey. Unless Psychic is hitting a Fighting Type , it won't do as much as ST.

I agree with the moveset for Togekiss , however use 44 HP EV's. Once you use Thunder Wave you'll almost always be outspeeding them anyways.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
the whole reason i gave it psychic was so it could COUNTER fighting, and beside if you had Togekiss as your wall instead/with, you would be able to run that particular play anyway

Aura Sensei™

User Title
the whole reason i gave it psychic was so it could COUNTER fighting, and beside if you had Togekiss as your wall instead/with, you would be able to run that particular play anyway

You realize that Psychic will never OHKO something , right? Blissey's Special Attack is crap. Seismic Toss will always be better since anyone with knowledge of Pokemon would't even use Blissey against a Fighting Type , and since the OP has a Togekiss , he could just use that.

EvilTyranitar

You realize that Psychic will never OHKO something , right? Blissey's Special Attack is crap. Seismic Toss will always be better since anyone with knowledge of Pokemon would't even use Blissey against a Fighting Type , and since the OP has a Togekiss , he could just use that.
Just throwing it out there, I've gotten several OHKOs on fighting types with my blissey's psychic :)

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
but if you think about it, if blissey is EV's lie in its defense/sp.def/HP then it will naturally be lower in attack and speed. in this instance, Sp.Atk would be the right route, as it's power doesn't necessarily rely on speed as much as regular attack moves, such as Close Combat and SEISMIC TOSS

Aura Sensei™

User Title
but if you think about it, if blissey is EV's lie in its defense/sp.def/HP then it will naturally be lower in attack and speed. in this instance, Sp.Atk would be the right route, as it's power doesn't necessarily rely on speed as much as regular attack moves, such as Close Combat and SEISMIC TOSS

Seismic Toss might be physical but it's determined by Level.

You need to lurk moar.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
i need to what? lurk moar is neither a saying nor a word. Psychic is a better choice, check out any other forum and debate other-wise. the psychic/seismic debate has been going on 4ever. and b4 you get all cocky at me and try and overshadow everything i say on any thread, let me remind you that i am entitled to my opinion. as EvilT-tar said earlier in the thread: Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but at the end of the day, it's what works for you. and if you are referring to the phrase i "need to LEARN MORE" then i will tell you this; i know plenty about pokemon. i have taken a while to develop my technique, and i am still learning. maybe you need to pay attention to the cheesy phrase at the beginning of each game: there's no limit to what you can learn about pokemon. :)

koosbane

master breeder

You made no sense really there.

i need to what? lurk moar is neither a saying nor a word. Psychic is a better choice, check out any other forum and debate other-wise. the psychic/seismic debate has been going on 4ever. and b4 you get all cocky at me and try and overshadow everything i say on any thread, let me remind you that i am entitled to my opinion. as EvilT-tar said earlier in the thread: Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but at the end of the day, it's what works for you. and if you are referring to the phrase i "need to LEARN MORE" then i will tell you this; i know plenty about pokemon. i have taken a while to develop my technique, and i am still learning. maybe you need to pay attention to the cheesy phrase at the beginning of each game: there's no limit to what you can learn about pokemon. :)

He was saying you need to LURK MORE. Meaning stop posting nonsensical crap and learn from people that actually know what they're talking about, by reading more and posting less.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
You made no sense really there.

He was saying you need to LURK MORE. Meaning stop posting nonsensical crap and learn from people that actually know what they're talking about, by reading more and posting less.

Weel maybe if he could spell, then i would understand what he's saying. and also, if you actually stopped and read my second comment, then you would see that on other forums the seismic/psychic debate is real and psychic is a better choice, so stop calling my opinion nonsensical crap, and stop with the Hitler ideology of 'my way's right, you're different and you think different, so you must be wrong and i'm going to be a dick about it'. just appriciate that i can argue my side, and i don't have to take **** from people like you, who read comments and put your view in, and showing off your big-headedness to the world.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
and also, i know what he meant, as i put in my reply 'you need to LURK MORE!!!!!' god, read comments before you judge them

Aura Sensei™

User Title

Yes it is , it was actually commonly used in IGRMT.

LoL

Weel maybe if he could spell, then i would understand what he's saying. and also, if you actually stopped and read my second comment, then you would see that on other forums the seismic/psychic debate is real and psychic is a better choice, so stop calling my opinion nonsensical crap, and stop with the Hitler ideology of 'my way's right, you're different and you think different, so you must be wrong and i'm going to be a dick about it'. just appriciate that i can argue my side, and i don't have to take **** from people like you, who read comments and put your view in, and showing off your big-headedness to the world.

You're really funny. You claim I can't spell yet you can't even say the simple ****ing word "well".

And btw Hitler is in his own league.

Maybe you should just leave and do us all a favor.

Edit: I've never seen someone do so much ****ing double posting in my life.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
@THEIRONDONUT: You should be careful before you get seriously infracted and Banned from this Website from me reporting you.

Last edited:

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
well then stop what you're doing NOW. i won't double post, providing you don't bully and insult and try to make a mockery of me. and btw I said Hitler Ideology, not hitler himself, so maybe you should do what i suggested earlier and read my comments before interpreting them

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Good discussion everyone, hope we all learned something. ^^

P.s. Stop double posting PLEASE.

*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.