• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure! Discussion Thread

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Not even recent plots but stuff that happened years and years ago, yet try to talk about a different manga from the same time and it's "it's so long ago, it isn't relevant, who can remember that far back" etc.

Kein

AKA Silktree
This particular manga forum has very little activity and I somehow doubt that other English forums discuss any Pokemon manga more frequently. The question is what the situation is like in Japan, where manga isn't niche.

I am serperior

The Ultimate trainee
This particular manga forum has very little activity and I somehow doubt that other English forums discuss any Pokemon manga more frequently. The question is what the situation is like in Japan, where manga isn't niche.
You know, your right about that I've been in other site in the Pokemon manga community and Is really nothing to write about,but dang i though the community was going to be interesting since is one of the best selling manga,it has 52 volumes and there's a lot things to talk about but instead we got an community with little activity,but on a positive note the Tumblr is at least entertaining

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I would at least think that DPA wouldn't be considered "niche" in areas where it was translated.

When you say the tumblr, do you mean the Incorrect DPA Quotes one? That's one of my favorites.

Wesk

I just finished the manga. It did have a Dragon Ball feel to it and it was fun for first 3 or so volumes before it got ridiculously repetitive. Way too much friendship power.
Jiggle butt guy was the best character.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
You know, your right about that I've been in other site in the Pokemon manga community and Is really nothing to write about,but dang i though the community was going to be interesting since is one of the best selling manga,it has 52 volumes and there's a lot things to talk about but instead we got an community with little activity,but on a positive note the Tumblr is at least entertaining
Say, I do hear about how Pokemon sells well, where reports say it sold 150 million copies. Do you know, website that takes statistic on Pokémon Special sales?

Lucky3

I think that misconception started because Shogakugan Asia had the wrong number in their Pokemon Special page. I remember something like that. And that's how it ended up in many 'best-selling' manga of all time lists around the Internet. It's been corrected since then, though.

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
It's from PokeSpedia and Paperback Edition Red, Green & Blue Chapter. ;)

This is indeed a mistake, and confirmed by Yamamoto on Twitter.
hopefully, someday Pokespedia is fully translated so I can see that info for myself. Same with the Yamamoto’s tweet, where it is. But really though, a manga running since 1997, with the brand name “Pokémon,” that I see commonly on bookstore/kid’s section, has less than 30 million copies sold??!

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Has anyone kept up with Ihara's Twitter? He continues to draw the DPA characters, though this includes a loooot of Mitsumi cheesecake. He also posts them on Pixiv and even did some live draws on Youtube for a bit.