• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure! Discussion Thread

The Mitsumi in vol. 2 was different from the one after vol. 5. Definitely. She showed that she was truly terrified of Cyrus, but after Vol. 5, her fear went away I guess. Then Vol. 8, she did show concern about helping the commanders free Cyrus, and even he was surprised that, after everything he's done, she decided to help him anyway.

The commanders were cool. Ihara's Jupiter is definitely my favorite version of her. And Mars in DPA! was also really likeable (SpecialVerse!Mars gave me the creeps. *shudder*). And I know what you mean about showing weakness. The Deoxys bonus chapter with Mars was pretty cute. She blushed when Hareta said that Deoxys is everyone's friend, even hers. >w<

That would have been awesome. *A* too bad Ihara kinda rushed through most of the cities. And we didn't even see Sunnyshore. :c disappointing... I would've liked to see Hareta run amok in Sunnyshore.

...oAo....I really would like to see him interact with N. It would prove to be entertaining. ewe ehehehe

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
On the Spear Pillar I think is when that changed. That's when Mitsumi's feelings towards Cyrus seemed to switch from fear to pity. He wasn't the confident, heartless overlord any more, but showed his true self--a severely mentally ill man motivated by his own fear. And her compassion towards him, despite what he'd done to her already, was very powerful. It's never stated that she forgave him, and really I don't think she did, at least not entirely. But she was willing and able to look past that and see that he needed help. Which is something I wish we could do in the games. Yes, he needed to be stopped and yes he did some incredibly vile, wicked things. But at the same time he is very sick, and it seems that Ihara's the only one who took that into consideration.

I love DPA Mars. Although I have to say I kinda like Psycho Hosebeast Mars from Special too. Something I've wondered--when Koya says that he didn't find any other Galactics inside, and Mars is slinking off clearly in sight, did Looker see her and just play along? Because he doesn't really have any reason to ignore her being there, since he doesn't know that she's effectively quit, and even if he did, she's still a criminal.

Oh man, Hareta in Sunyshore would have been hilarious. "Hareta, put some shoes on! You'll leave footprints all over the solar panels!"

And man Hareta meeting N. I'd pay good money to see that. "You were raised by pokemon too? AWESOME!" "I...I want to hear their voices?" "...Yeah I don't think you want to hear what Empoleon just said about you because it was pretty rude. But I don't think you're creepy!"

And that's why Ihara is awesome. *nods*

I found that weird too. I'm all "Looker, she's right over there!"
Maybe he did play along. He was smiling, wasn't he?

I could only imagine how many things could break with Hareta in Sunnyshore. Volkner will be displeased...(or indifferent. It's hard to tell with him. ono;; )

Poor N will probably wonder what's wrong with this boy. (unless this is ooc, since I haven't played the games yet, and I've been avoiding Team Plasma and N spoilers)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It seems odd for Looker to play along, considering everything. But then we're dealing with a world where only Charon got arrested and even the grunts only got a stern talking-to.

Oh goodness, Hareta would break the entire gym. And since the gym is connected to the city's power supply in obscene ways, there's a big chance that he'd break all of Sunyshore.

Remmie

Absolutely loved this series, particulary because of the TG focus. They're my favourite bad guys to come from Pokemon and personally, I think they were pretty much nailed in terms of character. Cyrus was also brilliant! (favourite character from Pokemon by far!)

This is also the first manga I've read. I'm gonna move onto Pokemon special next I think, probably starting with D,P,Pt. Anyone know if it's available in the UK?

Just saw this. More Cyrus ones please! Particularly the last frame of this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/Scans/dpa7bossfantasyclose.jpg Will be much appreciated! :D

Hahahahaha! Nice one, Shadow_Lugia_XD001! Poor Cyrus and Saturn.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
When did they mention Saturn there?

gangsta_pigs

Hey im curious, does anyone have scans in englsih of Jun protecting Mitsumi from the Rampardos? Just wanted to see because more or less it was the last JunXMitsumi hint

Hey im curious, does anyone have scans in englsih of Jun protecting Mitsumi from the Rampardos? Just wanted to see because more or less it was the last JunXMitsumi hint

I don't think we can really show scans of that scene. I think it takes up the whole page. oo;
Sorry I can't help you there.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No, you can't take the entire manga, scan the entire contents, and post it for everyone to read.

One single page means nothing.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
So I have been interested in reading this manga. Hareta, Mitsumi, and Jun make and interesting trio and the heavy focus on Team Galactic would make it an interesting read. Apparenlty after reading through, there seems to be no place on the Internet with viewable scans of the manga. If so do they sell this series at bookstores or is there an internal site I do not know of?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
So I have been interested in reading this manga. Hareta, Mitsumi, and Jun make and interesting trio and the heavy focus on Team Galactic would make it an interesting read. Apparenlty after reading through, there seems to be no place on the Internet with viewable scans of the manga. If so do they sell this series at bookstores or is there an internal site I do not know of?

I've seen them in my local Barns and Noble and Borders bookstores, right next to the Pokemon Adventures manga. They're in the kids' section through, so this may be why you've had a hard time finding them if you've been looking in the regular graphic novels section of your bookstore.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yes, it got a Viz release so it's in bookstores. And all 8 volumes are still in print!

As everyone said, all 8 volumes are still in print. :3 Go get them.

Also, Is there any scene in DPA that is your favorite?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I'm partial to the turning point in volume 5, the "could this boy, without a shadow of anger, truly care about everybody?" scene.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Try ordering them. Wherever you found the volume 4, go ask them to order the other ones.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Ohhh, I thought you meant you found them in a bookstore.

Well, suggest that they order the other volumes. Most libraries have a suggestion box for orders.