1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Adventure! Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Juputoru, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

Not even recent plots but stuff that happened years and years ago, yet try to talk about a different manga from the same time and it's "it's so long ago, it isn't relevant, who can remember that far back" etc.

2. Kein

Kein AKA Unown Seer

This particular manga forum has very little activity and I somehow doubt that other English forums discuss any Pokemon manga more frequently. The question is what the situation is like in Japan, where manga isn't niche.

3. I am serperior

I am serperior The Ultimate trainer

You know, your right about that I've been in other site in the Pokemon manga community and Is really nothing to write about,but dang i though the community was going to be interesting since is one of the best selling manga,it has 52 volumes and there's a lot things to talk about but instead we got an community with little activity,but on a positive note the Tumblr is at least entertaining

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

I would at least think that DPA wouldn't be considered "niche" in areas where it was translated.

When you say the tumblr, do you mean the Incorrect DPA Quotes one? That's one of my favorites.

5. Wesk

Wesk Member

I just finished the manga. It did have a Dragon Ball feel to it and it was fun for first 3 or so volumes before it got ridiculously repetitive. Way too much friendship power.
    Jiggle butt guy was the best character.

6. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Active Member

Say, I do hear about how Pokemon sells well, where reports say it sold 150 million copies. Do you know, website that takes statistic on Pokémon Special sales?

7. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

That is completely false.

8. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

It is actually 28 million, and 12 million of it is Japanese sales since 2017. ;)

9. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Active Member

Can I ask where you got that information from?

But the other websites do say how 150 million copies are sold...I guess they don’t have good evidence either
    https://imgur.com/gallery/30F2jjz

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 1:34 AM
  10. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

I think that misconception started because Shogakugan Asia had the wrong number in their Pokemon Special page. I remember something like that. And that's how it ended up in many 'best-selling' manga of all time lists around the Internet. It's been corrected since then, though.

11. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

It's from PokeSpedia and Paperback Edition Red, Green & Blue Chapter. ;)

This is indeed a mistake, and confirmed by Yamamoto on Twitter.