• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: Record Sales!

Ropa-to

Advanced Trainer
From Pokemon Elite 2000

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1,586,360 units in the first week of sales (September 28th - October 1st), making it the fastest selling DS game ever in Japan. This shatters the record originally set by New Super Mario Bros, which sold 865,024 units in that game's first week. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl also broke the record for the fastest selling Pokemon game in Japan. The record was previously held by Pokemon Gold/Silver, which sold 1,425,768 units in their first week back in 1999.

*Figures from Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/10/03/103,1159869995,61194,0,0.html

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are scheduled to be released in the US in Spring 2007.

h0tsh0tz

Hey, I am the first person to reply to this thread, at that rate, Sony got one thing to worry, well, at least it shows that Nintendo is the most domiant gaming company at the moment.

And it's release in Spring 2007 for USA, which means that UK release is around Autumn, don't you agree?

Arcadia

Moveset Comp. Judge
I just wish that they shouldn't wait so long to release D/P in the US, so many people are going to loose interest by next spring, that's almost a half a year. Why the hell are they going to wait that long to release the game when it's already finished? It just doesn't make sense..

I just wish that they shouldn't wait so long to release D/P in the US, so many people are going to loose interest by next spring, that's almost a half a year. Why the hell are they going to wait that long to release the game when it's already finished? It just doesn't make sense..

Maybe it takes a long time to translate everything? I'm sure there's a good reason for all the waiting.

Myzou

Maybe it takes a long time to translate everything? I'm sure there's a good reason for all the waiting.

Takes a very short time to translate, most of it is just for marketing so they can advertise, which makes no sense... selling in april or selling in december (making up the months), but december would sell better cause of Christmas...

Grabacr

Belkan Ace
Hey, I am the first person to reply to this thread, at that rate, Sony got one thing to worry, well, at least it shows that Nintendo is the most domiant gaming company at the moment.

Sales of one game, one that's been popular for over 10 years =/= dominant player. Their market share has dwindled and so has their third party support and relevance in the home console arena.

And it's release in Spring 2007 for USA, which means that UK release is around Autumn, don't you agree?

Yeah, September/October maybe.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
This isn't a shock, (wheather people admit it or not) pokemon is still very popular and, correct me if i'm wrong but, they always seem to have record sales when a new pokemon game comes out.

Arcadia

Moveset Comp. Judge
This isn't a shock, (wheather people admit it or not) pokemon is still very popular and, correct me if i'm wrong but, they always seem to have record sales when a new pokemon game comes out.
Pokemon was the first hand-held monster based RPG game for a handheld, which inspired many new RPG games for handhelds and consoles. Although the TV show and Card Game might die out I really don't see the actually games doing so, especially the handhelds.

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Yay, games. Oi, marketing. That's tonights word.

*Insert Colbert-esque rant here*

Thing is Pokemon didn't break any records...

Diamond and Pearl are two seperate games...combined they sold 1.5 million but individually neither cartridge broke the record set by New SMB.

Thing is Pokemon didn't break any records...

Diamond and Pearl are two seperate games...combined they sold 1.5 million but individually neither cartridge broke the record set by New SMB.

Two seperate games? Hardly. Pokemon versions may as well be lumped together in terms of sales.

*cRiTiCaL*hIt*

Ultimate Trainer
Wow. thats a lot of money. actually, its $71,386,200

yep, a lot of money

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I expected this anyway. Concerning the US release, I don't think they are waiting to release it with the anime. I don't think they did that with ruby and sapphire. They just want to make the most money off of it. Sell other games for the christmas rush, then cash in even bigger after it.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
The reasons for it being released in spring 2007 for USA/Canada:
1. Translating
2. Makeing copies
3. Extra stuff like stuff that has to do with Wi-Fi and other stuff.

I'm just guessing for the above, and games=/=anime I do believe they don't release the games the same time as the anime.

Steve

revelations1 17
The reason they're waiting in the US is because they have to TRANSLATE it, huh. You don't want another Star Wing, now do you?

All your base are belong to us make your time

chiper12

Artsy Smeargle
if people in the usa get to worked up the game wll be rescedualed but might as well be as glitched as hmds