• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Diamond Team and Help Buliding Platinum Team

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Hello I have all my badges and I'm about to take on the Elite Four and would like to see if my team is good enough. After that at the bottom I need help to build a new Platinum Team I already have some pokemon for that.

Diamond

Infernape Male
Nature Careful
Lv 64
Attacks
Mach Punch
Close Punch
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz

Starapter Female
Nature Sassy
Lv 63
Fly
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Wing Attack

Luxary Male
Nature Quiet
Lv 63
Thunder Fang
Crunch
Discharge
Charge Beam

Roserade Female
Nature Jolly
Lv 62
SolarBeam
Mega Drain
Giga Drain
Stun Spore

Lucario Male
Nature Modest
Lv 63
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Pulse
Close Combat
Aura Sphere

Garchomp Male
Nature Brave
Lv 63
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Fire Fang
Dig

So please tell me if my team seems ready enough to fight the elite four By Tuesday they should be at Lv 65 so thats when I'm gonna fight them. Unless you ppl think I'm ready. Please say if I'm ready if my team is good and stuff.

Also now I need help with my Platinum Team.

Okay so For Platinum I want to keep the same kind of team but have someone new like the new Pokemon they added to the dex. I really want Glaceon or Leafeon but I don't know who to replace. Or Should I keep the same team as my Diamond???

I need to keep Infernape Starapter and Lucario

Infernape Male
Nature Careful
Lv 64
Attacks
Mach Punch
Close Punch
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz

Starapter Female
Nature Sassy
Lv 63
Fly
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Wing Attack

Lucario Male
Nature Modest
Lv 63
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Pulse
Close Combat
Aura Sphere

Now who should I added to the new team. I really want to keep Luxary and Garchomp tho. So its a hard choice for me....

Plz Help Thanks

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Your current team is fine to plow through E4 (in fact, I plow through E4 with just a lv 65 Garchomp & Luxray, I didn't even use the others :p)

But after the E4, try getting something like this:

Infernape
Hasty/Naive Nature
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot
~Close Combat

Staraptor
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Brave Bird/Aerial Ace
~Return
~U-Turn
~Close Combat

Luxray
Mild/Rash Nature
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Fang
~Fire Fang
~Crunch

Roserade @ Heat Rock
Modest/Timid Nature
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~Weather Ball
~Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball

Lucario
Modest Nature
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
~Dragon Pulse
~Psychic/Calm Mind

Garchomp
Adamant/Jolly/Naughty/Lonely Nature
~Fire Blast/Flamethrower
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
~Dragon Claw

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
My advice: Don't use two or more moves that are the same type on one pokemon. Luxray, Roserade and Staraptor have 3 moves of the same type, and Infernape has 2 Fire- and 2 Fighting-type moves. Lucario has 2 Fighting-type moves too.

Bug Master

Bug Catcher
Yeah I agree with Zimii.. you'll need versatility.. cause what if you're stuck with fighting a Water pokemon with Infernape.. hey it might be Water psychic.. and infernape learns punishment so that might work.. to cover one of his weaknesses. hmm also you have a very common team.. a lot of people i know have the same exact team..maybe with slight alterations. My advice would be try for somethng different in platinum then the other version. you never know what pokemon you could like. :]

Bug Master

Bug Catcher
Yeah I agree with Zimii.. you'll need versatility.. cause what if you're stuck with fighting a Water pokemon with Infernape.. hey it might be Water psychic.. and infernape learns punishment so that might work.. to cover one of his weaknesses. hmm also you have a very common team.. a lot of people i know have the same exact team..maybe with slight alterations. My advice would be try for somethng different in platinum then the other version. you never know what pokemon you could like. :]