• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
To be honest, I was expecting someone like Professor Oak to be the champion of Kalos (even though he didn't get an appearance in X/Y) or Blue, because of the G.R.A.M.P.S theory that some of you might be familiar with. I was also expecting Blue to be part of the villainous team for X/Y until it was realised to be Team Flare, and they were a right disappointment because their plot was so bland and there was nothing really in it, unlike B/W's plot.

So... you're disappointed because a fan theory with virtually no basis or relevance turned out to mean exactly as much as it was worth?

Obviously I appreciate the move to 3D was a massive step. I just feel that they short changed us because of the 3D thing. We didn't get as many new Pokemon, especially when you consider the region before was all new Pokemon, totally unconnected to any previous generations. I thought that was really good.

Ever think that the massive conversion to full 3D and the high amount of new Pokémon that were introduced in Gen V may be the very reasons for them only introducing 72 new Pokémon in this one?

Well, aside from it being probably the smartest decision that they could have made from a business perspective, anyway.

I also feel we were short changed on the story.

It's got just as much, if not more, than Gens I-III.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Why is it people are so obsessed with Hoenn re-makes, oh wow.

Sounds like someone's angry about Rotom-W on an opponent's team, lol.

I wouldn't call Xerneas or Granbull 'girly'. Why the heck would you want Zoroark part Fair...as though it needs anymore weaknesses to its already frail defenses. It already does what it does just fine.

I just meant most Fairy types.There's waay too much pink.

I'm not gonna argue with that since it's your opinion and I respect that. But I personally think it looks awesome.

How exactly would Zoroark being part fairy make sense? Explain that to me.
Hoenn remakes would be great.That's just it.

And about Zoroark...you obviously don't know much about fairies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Although illusions and tricking are commonly associated with Fairies I don't see how a black fox based upon a spirit instead of fae whose powers are solely based upon darkness/underhandedness/tricking are really that Fairy-esque.

Murder Doll

Button Presser

It makes sense if you look purely from the stand point of "it uses trickery"

But aside from that it holds no traits the fairy type have.

It looks nothing like a fairy & dark types implore trickery as well so thats a moot point.

Rio!

Composer
Ever think that the massive conversion to full 3D and the high amount of new Pokémon that were introduced in Gen V may be the very reasons for them only introducing 72 new Pokémon in this one?

Well, aside from it being probably the smartest decision that they could have made from a business perspective, anyway.

Agreed, it was a pretty heavy transition too. I don't think some people realize how much work that actually is because of the sheer number of creatures/characters alone.

I just meant most Fairy types.There's waay too much pink.

Hoenn remakes would be great.That's just it.

Oh I see; so now pink is a 'girly' color. Pft. :B

It would be great too if a million bucks just showed up in my backyard. That would be great too, j/s.

Just because something has 'trickster' in its PokeDex doesn't warrant it to be suddenly dubbed as part Fairy. There's a point where speculation becomes a player's fan-wishlist.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Although illusions and tricking are commonly associated with Fairies I don't see how a black fox based upon a spirit instead of fae whose powers are solely based upon darkness/underhandedness/tricking are really that Fairy-esque.
You just described faeries.They were kinda dark,sadistic spirits.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

... Fairies make illusions out of dark energy and black foxes?

... Anyway, first, fairies ar enot nessecarily spirits, and many depictions of them have the two as seperate classes.
Fairies also are not necessarily malevolent, and benevolent ones have been known to exist in mythos.
And Zoroark is in no way dark or sadistic outside of it's Typing, coloration, and where it draws it's Ability's power from.

Also if Fairies are dark and sadistic spirits I'm somewhat saddened in the possible fact that the Flabébé line's Origin is nonexistant and shouldn't be Fairy.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer

Still doesn't mean it's given that something gets the Fairy typing slapped onto it.
Half these characteristics still apply to Dark types in the first place.

Edit:
Thread: Pokemon Disappointments?
And why don't you just **** off?

Lol no need to flip your lid buddy, especially when people don't automatically agree with your Fairy Zoroark wishes.

Last edited:

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I think we may be getting off topic...at any rate.

You know what disappoints me? That Mega-Bannete's Prankster ability doesn't active the turn it Megas.

It would actually be rather usable if it did + other pokemon such as Megazard-Y get to enjoy the benefits of their new ability the turn they transform so it's not fair from that stand point as well.

Rio!

Composer
I think we may be getting off topic...at any rate.

You know what disappoints me? That Mega-Bannete's Prankster ability doesn't active the turn it Megas.

It would actually be rather usable if it did + other pokemon such as Megazard-Y get to enjoy the benefits of their new ability the turn they transform so it's not fair from that stand point as well.

Yeah anyway...
I see what you mean; I really do wish Houndoom could get a taste of that Solar Power beforehand.
Drought would be pretty cool with Charizard before hand, especially since a certain Sandstorm starter has the same ability (Bar DW Blaziken) prior to Mega-evolving.

phanpycross

God-king
being hyped for catching Phanpy in soulsilver, and having planned for it on my team too, at least I got a little closer to piloswine.

Rio!

Composer
Slaking. A good pokemon with pretty good stats and move pool but truancy completely ruins it.

It is pretty good if you plan on using Choice Scarf + Giga Impact as its strongest STAB at least. ;)
Plus in Doubles/Triples there are ways to remedy that as well. :B

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Slaking. A good pokemon with pretty good stats and move pool but truancy completely ruins it.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

But truant is not the worst abilitiy in the game though.

Slow Start is a lot worse.

Archeops and Slaking at least can cause massive damage the first turn they're out.

There is no reason to use Regigigas since no one is willing to wait five turns for it to become useful. By then it will most likely be knocked out.

Ketaru

Espurr should have Glare. Because reasons.

Espurr should have Glare. Because reasons.
Espurr has seen enough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUMa8bFbqo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH54WN7Pwbc

Comedy aside, i'm disappointed in the over-representation of kanto pokemon in kalos and the lack of a bigger post-game are the main ones.

What i was disappointed didn't make a return from gen. 5 and past gens:
-Pokemon World Tournament: Amazing. Bring it back please.
-Abandonment of seasons
-Abandonment of Johto Pokeballs (one of my favorite poke-balls is the heavy ball)

Last edited:

Gampi

ガンピ
Since it is technically game-related, can I mention that I was dissapointed that there was no version of KISEKI with vocals on the Pokémon X&Y soundtrack. It would have been a nice bonus track. Instead we just get about four tracks from the Gen I games and their Origins counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.