• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketaru

I used EXP Share for its convenience in leveling during the game...

...(until I realized my Pokemon were also sharing the EVs). My, Sylveon, where did you get all that Attack from? :(

Pilpulp

美的
Let's see, there's Battle Maison, Battle Chateau, the restaurants, working at the hotel, Friend Safari, shiny hunting, IV breeding and EV training if you're into that, raising affection in Poemon Amie and playing the mini games there, completing the pokedex, the mega evolution stone hunt, getting your style up in Lumiose, the berry shop, the berry field, re-battling the elite four, wonder trading

That's all really technical, repetitive and boring stuff. I'm talking about walking down a new route in the post game and levelling up my 'mons with 0 grinding and encountering new pokemon (that can be found in the game). Most of the stuff you mentioned is incredibly tedious and not really enjoyable (to me at least) I'd rather level up in a new route than the elite 4.

Maybe it was just the hype. But I was pretty disappointed, and this thread is called Pokemon Disappointments so wether or not you thought the same is ok, but I expected more from a game this hyped (even on game freak or Nintendos side too even if at a lesser extent)

The only reason I've touched my copies is to breed and stuff but that's incredibly boring.

It's been mentioned before, aside from black and white every first edition of a generation has less to do post game than the second edition. This post-game is huge compared to ruby and sapphire.
These post-game routes have been in the games since D/P with the battle island place. Unless I'm mistaken. While it may still have less it's a heck of a lot more than x and y.

WildHennaCharizard

People seem to complain about the post game, well my solution is to skip whole routes till I get to and bet the elite 4.After I enter the hall of fame I than do those routes with some low level pokemon.

As for:

X/Y: Looker missions, the battle masion (after betting the elite).

B/W: Black city, the stiudam battles

B2/W2: Pokewood studios, The battle subway,The White tree,Black tower

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There isn't really a point to banning Drizzle + Swift Swim this time around. It was banned last gen because weather starting abilities were permeant and stayed up forever until another opposing weather came in to disrupt it, leading to the over-centralization of rain teams and how they could rip through other non-rain teams with minimal effort. It's not like that anymore so the problem has been fixed.

Also it's not like you can't play battle spot or VGC or some other meta on showdown where Drizzle + Swift Swim was allowed.

(I REALLY wish we could post .gif reaction pictures in this forum. You don't say meme would come in handy right now...)

I'm well aware honey.

AegiSwag

The fact that Nintendo officially announced diancie for pokemon x/y and it STILL isn't out yet.

Also, I. Want. My. Mega. Latios.

But the most disappointing thing ever, was that when I realized in XY you would actually SEE the pokemon perform the moves, I thought every single move would have its own animation. Not one for physical moves and one for special. (Sometimes good though-if you have a Greninja with surf, you know what I mean)

And, only a total of 4 legends can be caught in XY. BW and BW2 had like 50.

Rio!

Composer
Also, I. Want. My. Mega. Latios.

Well since the Lati Twins are native to Hoenn, it's possible we'll be seing these guys this time around.
Technically, we're not supposed to know about them even getting Mega Stones. :B

Akashin

The fact that Nintendo officially announced diancie for pokemon x/y and it STILL isn't out yet.

And, only a total of 4 legends can be caught in XY. BW and BW2 had like 50.

BW had 7 (counting Landorus but not counting Liberty Island Victini). BW2 had considerably more, but we can't discount the possibility of Z/XY2 following suit.

And Diancie is being released alongside the upcoming movie in Japan.

Last edited:

AegiSwag

Well since the Lati Twins are native to Hoenn, it's possible we'll be seing these guys this time around.
Technically, we're not supposed to know about them even getting Mega Stones. :B

Don't tell GF and/or Nintendo pls.

I feel like a scumbag.

AegiSwag

BW had 6 (counting Landorus but not counting Liberty Island Victini). BW2 had considerably more, but we can't discount the possibility of Z/XY2 following suit.

And Diancie is being released alongside the upcoming movie in Japan.

Well, now I feel retarded.

Mr.FusRoDah

I must say the only disappointment I have with Pokemon is the small number of Pokes in Gen 6. Not saying any of them were bad, in fact the only one I was neutral about was Carbink, and even the it seems it has been justified by Diancie and some (potential) alternate forms. Anyway, I really liked Kalosian Pokemon a lot, and Unovan as well. This is coming from a guy who remembers playing Blue when it was just fresh off the market. Variety is beautiful. and imagining Fletchling alongside Pidgey and Pidove in an aviary outside of town at Sycamore's (hypothetical) lab is awesome. I was only saddened by how few Kalosians there were. Nevertheless, when it comes to Quality over Quantity, I must say I'm glad to see a small batch in which only one design I felt neutral about than the 107 that were released in Sinnoh in which only a small number of non-legends were original while a huge chunk of them were either baby forms or Evolved forms of species not even native to Diamond and Pearl.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
I must say the only disappointment I have with Pokemon is the small number of Pokes in Gen 6. Not saying any of them were bad, in fact the only one I was neutral about was Carbink, and even the it seems it has been justified by Diancie and some (potential) alternate forms. Anyway, I really liked Kalosian Pokemon a lot, and Unovan as well. This is coming from a guy who remembers playing Blue when it was just fresh off the market. Variety is beautiful. and imagining Fletchling alongside Pidgey and Pidove in an aviary outside of town at Sycamore's (hypothetical) lab is awesome. I was only saddened by how few Kalosians there were. Nevertheless, when it comes to Quality over Quantity, I must say I'm glad to see a small batch in which only one design I felt neutral about than the 107 that were released in Sinnoh in which only a small number of non-legends were original while a huge chunk of them were either baby forms or Evolved forms of species not even native to Diamond and Pearl.

Agreed. I felt somewhat 'robbed' (for lack of a better word at the moment) that we had such little new additions.

I was more so disappointed in B/Ws new additions though. At the very least, X and Ys new pokemon seemed a little more diverse. I am a bird lover in life so I love the typical first bird evolutions. I was disappointed with the Pidove line. I did love the Fletchling line though. I have mixed feelings about a lot of gens. There's always room for disappointment, but something can always potentially win you over I guess.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
I'm afraid to say I was a little disappointed with genVI on the first playthrough. Neither the story nor the region really fascinated me, especially comparing to Unova which I think had a really interesting story and characters and a very varied and magical region. Kalos just felt a bit bland, (Lumiose city being the exception) and I'm not excited to go exploring in it after only two playthroughs... that said I absolutely love many other aspects of it, such as the new pokemon added (love pretty much all of them with very few exceptions), graphics, new and varied character designs, and much more.
I was also a little relieved to see the new additions being fewer and of good quality. Makes me think they spent most of their efforts on the new 3D designs of the now farly vast bunch of monsters!

I'm afraid to say I was a little disappointed with genVI on the first playthrough. Neither the story nor the region really fascinated me, especially comparing to Unova which I think had a really interesting story and characters and a very varied and magical region. Kalos just felt a bit bland, (Lumiose city being the exception) and I'm not excited to go exploring in it after only two playthroughs... that said I absolutely love many other aspects of it, such as the new pokemon added (love pretty much all of them with very few exceptions), graphics, new and varied character designs, and much more.
I was also a little relieved to see the new additions being fewer and of good quality. Makes me think they spent most of their efforts on the new 3D designs of the now farly vast bunch of monsters!

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The storyline and region were both meh, it felt like they were really trying after the success of BW/2, but fell short. Especially the characters, they were all incredibly forgettable for me bar AZ and Prof Sycamore. Imo, ofcourse. I mean, when my friends and I completed the game together, we all forgot who the champion was by the end of it. xD The rivals ended up being incredibly underdeveloped. ;3; All of this has been fixed so far in the anime, though, which is kewl.

Mudcat

PlatinumD3

Agreed. Also, why no mega evolution for Eevee?
Because it's a pre evolution. No pre evolutions get Mega Evolutions.

I want to see Mega Aegislash.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Mega POkemon for 2nd stage family and non evolutionary family
they should make mega mawile an actual evolution , M-absol too , m medicham, m bannete and every mega pokemon with 2 stage or non evolutionary family pokemon :( it kinda show the rumor about why they show mega evolution because the they dont know what to name is kinda true

Missingno.Fan

Right off of the top of my head:
*Braviary being Normal/Flying instead of Fighting/Flying
*Mega Houndoom not having three heads
*Chansey, Audino, and Skitty not becoming Fairy types
*Having only the Kanto starters and Blaziken Mega Evolve

EliJolesy

To be honest I never really liked the mega evolution concept. Its cool for winning battles and bringing new life to neglected Pokemon like Mawhile. But I always found it gimmicky. Am I the only one?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
To be honest I never really liked the mega evolution concept. Its cool for winning battles and bringing new life to neglected Pokemon like Mawhile. But I always found it gimmicky. Am I the only one?

No you're not, I'm not a fan either.

I still hate how Mewtwo, Scizor and Alakazam, Pokémon that were already very powerful on their own, were made even more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.