• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliJolesy

No you're not, I'm not a fan either.

I still hate how Mewtwo, Scizor and Alakazam, Pokémon that were already very powerful on their own, were made even more powerful.

Yea I hated how you could never hardly beat a Mega Evolved Pokemon with a regular one. It seemed unfair and frustrating for some reason.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
To be honest I never really liked the mega evolution concept. Its cool for winning battles and bringing new life to neglected Pokemon like Mawile. But I always found it gimmicky. Am I the only one?

No.

I'm personally not a fan either. To me, Mega evolutions are nothing more than fanservice to me, especially when you look at the fact Charizard and Mewtwo got two.

No you're not, I'm not a fan either.

I still hate how Mewtwo, Scizor and Alakazam, Pokémon that were already very powerful on their own, were made even more powerful.

This.

Very few Pokémon who got Megas I feel actually needed them, which does disappoint me.

WildHennaCharizard

Right off of the top of my head:

*Mega Houndoom not having three heads
*Chansey, Audino, and Skitty not becoming Fairy types

Yeah I was kinda expecting Houndoom to go the cerbus route but than again maybe that was just to obvious to do. There any a lot of Fakemon like that.
Chansey is an egg Audino is a bunny and skitty is a cat how does that make "fairy like".

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
The opportunity for a Poison Legendary was missed with the introduction of Fairy Type. Then again, why make a legendary that can kill a very useful type in the game it's introduced? *crosses fingers for Gen VII to have Poison legendary*

Mudcat

Yea I hated how you could never hardly beat a Mega Evolved Pokemon with a regular one. It seemed unfair and frustrating for some reason.

I've had a different experience. Then again, the only megas I've encountered were NPC controlled. I expect that PC megas are a smidgen more difficult.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
The opportunity for a Poison Legendary was missed with the introduction of Fairy Type. Then again, why make a legendary that can kill a very useful type in the game it's introduced? *crosses fingers for Gen VII to have Poison legendary*

Yeah, the poison-type needs a legendary badly.

Out of all the fully-evolved poison types less than 5% of them are great. And that really sucks for them.

Two Megas for Mewtwo and Charizard were just blatantly not needed... It's plain favoritism. (Mega Y for both would've been just fine with me.) Also, there are some others that needed Megas but didn't.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Garbage Pokémon. Just putting it out there.

Also, I wish that they would get us a Fairy sweeper. That would be great.

MDS777

The name's Riley

I was really hoping Zygarde to be Dragon/Poison or Poison/Ground but alas, we get another Dragon/Ground type.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I was really hoping Zygarde to be Dragon/Poison or Poison/Ground but alas, we get another Dragon/Ground type.

I was hoping for Poison/Dark which Is a pretty good legendary typing because it makes it's only weakness Ground. Alas, it's a dragon/ground.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan

I agree I would have much rather have had something unique.

But I must point out that there are only three Pokémon with that type combination, (not counting Pokémon that aren't fully evolved yet.) so that type is far from common.

We have Flygon, Garchomp and Zygarde, and that's it.

Most of the weaknesses of this type combination that grounds usually has are cancelled out, and that's a good thing.

But the fact that water and grass are made neutral isn't.

This is far from a great type combination.

But looking at Zygrade, to be honest it looks way more like a dark/bug or dark/poison than it does ground/dragon.

How it even managed to be that type combination makes no sense to me.

MDS777

The name's Riley
I'm aware that there are only 2 others. :p It's the second most type combined with Dragon behind Flying being the most common.

And yeah, it doesn't really look like a Dragon/Ground. Looks can be deceiving I suppose.

Mudcat

One of my biggest disappointments with X/Y, at the moment, is the Safari Zone. Why did Game Freak have to make it so convoluted?

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
But looking at Zygrade, to be honest it looks way more like a dark/bug or dark/poison than it does ground/dragon.

How it even managed to be that type combination makes no sense to me.

I personally enjoy it when they don't follow the more obvious paths of type assignments for pokemon. It would be fairly boring and predictable if every pokemon was assigned to the typing you would expect it to. I like pokemon which I can look at and not be able to guess. Vibrava is an example, I love the fact that it's ground/dragon while it looks like it could easily fit into the bug/flying category. I also always thought solrock would be a fire type but think rock/psychic probably fits it better.
That said I'm not a fan of ground/dragon for zygarde, mostly because of how many dragon legendaries there are. Ground/poison would be awesome, even ground/bug or pure bug.
Anyway, I'm really hoping for more diverse type combinations in future generations!

One of my biggest disappointments with X/Y, at the moment, is the Safari Zone. Why did Game Freak have to make it so convoluted?
I could not agree more! When my friend was talking about the friend safari at first I was imagining this deep, jungle-like area you could access after the game, with lots of different pokemon in it. When I came to it and realised it was just a tiny square for every single type you had I almost didn't believe it!

I really dislike the fact that if you want someones 3rd pokemon, they have to be online to unlock it. For people like me who work the third shift, I'm usally online when no one else is. (Forever alone..... :p)

Mudcat

I could not agree more! When my friend was talking about the friend safari at first I was imagining this deep, jungle-like area you could access after the game, with lots of different pokemon in it.

When I first learned that the Safari was making return as endgame content, I too had this mental image of expansive wilderness where one could fill their national Pokédex. I had this mental image that the further you delve into the deeper, darker parts you can (rarely) run into legendaries from past games, including event Pokémon that the majority of players don't normally have access to...

Instead we get this? I understand that the Safari is the only place where you're guaranteed to catch Pokémon with multiple 31 IV, but is this really something that can be called endgame content?

Weavy

I come and go suddenly

Couldn't agree more.

Fairy type gets not one, but two legends in it's debut generation while there is still no poison legends? One can argue about Dark and Steel, but at least they actually have some.

Two Megas for Mewtwo and Charizard were just blatantly not needed... It's plain favoritism. (Mega Y for both would've been just fine with me.) Also, there are some others that needed Megas but didn't.

Practically sums up my opinions as well.

You know what, favouritism in Pokémon disappoints me. So many Pokémon with potential are ignored in favour of the Pokémon that people never shut up about and praise to no end.

Mudcat

Ho-oh was introduced the same generation that the Steel-type was, last I checked Steel-types were at a disadvantage to Fire-types.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny

True, but we are talking about the most obvious favorites of the Pokémon series. Countless surveys have proven that Mewtwo and Charizard are the top two favorite Pokémon among the entire National Dex. Still I will easily agree that this is fan-service that is so bad, that it is so blatantly obvious and regarded as unrequired.

Status
Not open for further replies.