• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhixun

I'm disappointed that there's still no eeveelution for Dragon, steel or bug. These would probably some of the coolest and best eeveelutions both in terms of design and competitive viability (depending on the stats of course). Still something to look forward too I suppose

I think that Eievui evolution family is far too many now. I rather hope that eventually they will not cover every type in the future version. So it is fine for just Nymphia added recently.

rusty-cooksie

Dragon Trainer
I'm disappointed that there's still no eeveelution for Dragon, steel or bug. These would probably some of the coolest and best eeveelutions both in terms of design and competitive viability (depending on the stats of course). Still something to look forward too I suppose

I think steel and bug we could do without but a Dragon one would be great, I think it's a shame it's the only 'special' type that didn't get an Eeveelution

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I think I speak for many when I say the Unown were and are a colossal disappointment.

Unown could be handled so differently and it would make their concept wildly more profound. Make an evolution called Nown (phonetically like noun), that evolves from one Unown upon level up in the party, when three others are also in the party. Would clear up a lot of space in the PC, your roster, you still see their shapes, and now we get an evolution from something that is otherwise virtually useless. It even had it's signature moves' BP reduced this gen! The evolution should be Psychic/Dark, and a BST of 600. That would give it a crippling 4x Bug weakness, a Fairy weakness, essentially Malamar. BUT give it access to all move tutor moves and TMs in the game (sans Draco Meteor, Blast Burn, Pledges, etc.). It would be a more vulnerable Mew, specialized and with a touch of Deoxys to it.

Species would be the Forgotten Pokémon, based upon first languages. And I suggest 3 forme variations based upon the type of Unown that evolves; an offensive forme if the Unown is a vowel, a defensive forme if the Unown is a consonant, and a speed forme if the Unown is a ! or ? symbol. Attack forme would have Sheer Force as it's ability, Defense forme would have Unaware, and the Speed Forme would get a new ability called Quick Launch. This ability would allow multi-turn moves to work instantly, but @ a 25% reduction in power. So a Hyper Beam would be 113 base power as opposed to 150. Bounce, Solarbeam, Skull Bash, etc. are all still there.

Tigurtz

I love Gourgeist, and I especially love my perfect IV Shiny female I hatched. But WHY didn't gamefreak maker her a Special Attacker? Her Sp.Move pool is awesome but can't even abuse it with base fifty sp attack!

Haunter ゴースト

I was disappointed that Hilbert didn't return in B2W2 as the final opponent in the similar manner to how Red returned in G/S/C.

I was also disappointed that there were no League Ribbons for HGSS, BW and B2W2.

Kelv

Delphox looks ugly. There are pokemon who's designs are really disappointing. Chespin had potential with its 1st and 2nd evolution, then it just turns to an ugly roided out chipmunk or something. Greninja looks cool, no problem there. It doesn't look like too much effort was put in to Pignite's design either.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Not really, Tauros is a bull and Bouffalant's a bison.

Clamperl's a bivalve, Huntail and Gorebyss are based off of deep sea pelagic and benthic fishes, respectively. Yes really.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Pokemon didn't follow the player after HG/SS.

To channel BCVM22, there was a big reason for that: The sprites that were used for the Pokémon's overworld appearances had a more significant in-game purpose in that they were also used for the Pokéathlon. The implementation of walking Pokémon in HGSS was merely a well-timed coincidence, and the mechanic is very unlikely to return for the foreseeable future, especially due to the strain that it would put on the already-overtaxed current hardware.

Pokemon may follow the players in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

This is pure speculation with absolutely nothing to support it. Pokémon "may" follow the player in ORAS in the same sense that they "may" remove the concept of Gym Leaders - sure it could happen, but the chances are extremely slim.

When Chesnuaght evolved from my Quilladin from my first run of Y I was so dissapointed that I actually stopped playing for a bit. It doesn't even look like it evolves from Quilladin!

This is pure speculation with absolutely nothing to support it. Pokémon "may" follow the player in ORAS in the same sense that they "may" remove the concept of Gym Leaders - sure it could happen, but the chances are extremely slim.

I will believe that there will be Pokemon Contests and the Pokeathlon.

Status
Not open for further replies.