• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Disappointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
My disappointments with Pokemon? The fact that it's not actually real is a huge disappointment to me. Haha~

But seriously, I was disappointed with the 3D imaging in X/Y. For me, I couldn't use it since my console couldn't handle the strain, the frame rate would be awful and laggy. Which completely makes the 3Ds redundant since I can't actually use the 3Dness, could have had the same game on a DSi without the 3D and it would have saved me a lot of money.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
My disappointments with Pokemon? The fact that it's not actually real is a huge disappointment to me. Haha~

There is a good reason for that. Pokémon existing in the real world would be a huge chaos.

Criminals could use them to destroy mayor cities. Would you want that? I sure as heck wouldn't.

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
my only disappointment is that we still don't have the same technology like Sword Art Online so we can go into the game

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
There is a good reason for that. Pokémon existing in the real world would be a huge chaos.

Criminals could use them to destroy mayor cities. Would you want that? I sure as heck wouldn't.

((Eeyup)) But think of all the medicinal benefits~ There are Pokemon which can cure/restore health to others... no more Cancer and no more death through disease. Also, anyone can destroy a major city with the current weapons available now. Introducing Pokemon to the world would make it no more likely for people to do it... in fact, having other powerful Pokemon might actually dissuade someone from destroying a city/object as they know that there would be equally powerful Pokemon that could easily stop them.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
ZoruaBoo, I don't think anyone actually turns the 3D on... (did I sound rude? ;-; )

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Care to elaborate? One could argue that mega-evolutions are the BEST things that could have happened in the Pokemon franchise.

I love Mega Evolutions! They breathed life back into Charizard again and made him into a Dragon!

Personally, my dissapointment for Pokemon is the missed pokemon that could have been Fairy type (I'm looking at you Ponyta/Rapidash/Misdreavus/Mismagius/Azelf/uxie/Mespirit).

Gen 1 being in every darn generation of the games in some form from Gens I-IV: I've been with the Series since the very beginning anime and game wise, but really? Other regions besides Kanto need the limelight too, guys.

The English dub of the Pokemon Anime: my god, defunct 4Kids of all companies was better at it than TAJ (also defunct) was and DuArt currently is (in fact, even TAJ was better than DuArt is at this point). In the current dub, I can't stand how awful the main characters from the original episodes sound now, the script writing is atrocious beyond compare, and the music is terrible most of the time with no passion or creativity to anything that's being done with it in XY. I really thought it would get better after the company switch, but no, it's actually getting worse and is extremely hard to sit through nowadays- I would actually WANT a recast of the crew if it happens again.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think it's the Goomy evolution line. I mean, seriously? Why does a cool region like Kalos get the lamest looking Pseudo of all? I never thought I'd think a pseudo-legendry would ever look lame, but Goodra managed it, somehow.

When it comes to the anime, it's the English dub, the BW saga and the TRio. The TRio especially, since there's no way to avoid them unlike my other problems, which can easily be solved by watching subbed episodes and ignoring BW completely. Well, except for Charizard's return and the first three openings (Best Wishes and both versions of Be an Arrow).

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
((Eeyup)) But think of all the medicinal benefits~ There are Pokemon which can cure/restore health to others... no more Cancer and no more death through disease. Also, anyone can destroy a major city with the current weapons available now. Introducing Pokemon to the world would make it no more likely for people to do it... in fact, having other powerful Pokemon might actually dissuade someone from destroying a city/object as they know that there would be equally powerful Pokemon that could easily stop them.

Now Pokémon might look cute or awesome in the games, but if they existed in real life they'd look extremely creepy.

That's another reason why it wouldn't work in real life.

blob

Gen 1 being in every darn generation of the games in some form from Gens I-IV: I've been with the Series since the very beginning anime and game wise, but really? Other regions besides Kanto need the limelight too, guys.

The English dub of the Pokemon Anime: my god, defunct 4Kids of all companies was better at it than TAJ (also defunct) was and DuArt currently is (in fact, even TAJ was better than DuArt is at this point). In the current dub, I can't stand how awful the main characters from the original episodes sound now, the script writing is atrocious beyond compare, and the music is terrible most of the time with no passion or creativity to anything that's being done with it in XY. I really thought it would get better after the company switch, but no, it's actually getting worse and is extremely hard to sit through nowadays- I would actually WANT a recast of the crew if it happens again.

Yeah. The last time I watched the dub was during late DP and early BW, so I thought that when I saw the XY dub, I was just getting too old to like the series anymore. Most of the time Ash talks like he's from an infants TV show, who's been at his job for too long.

One other thing which bugs me, is how they keep on dimming the screen whenever Pikachu uses an electric move. We're not in 1999 anymore! We shouldn't technically ever need to have the screen be darkened! Pokémon learnt their lesson in what? Episode 37? Stop dimming the screen! If you're that concerned about epilepsy which won't ever happen, just put up a warning like they do in Japan.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
Now Pokémon might look cute or awesome in the games, but if they existed in real life they'd look extremely creepy.

That's another reason why it wouldn't work in real life.

How would they look creepy? Anything new and unseen before will look weird at first, like meeting an alien race or a person who's never seen an elephant and then happens to stumble across one. But the more you see something, the more normal and natural it becomes. Sure, they won't look like they do in the games, but I don't think they'd be creepy.

blob

How would they look creepy? Anything new and unseen before will look weird at first, like meeting an alien race or a person who's never seen an elephant and then happens to stumble across one. But the more you see something, the more normal and natural it becomes. Sure, they won't look like they do in the games, but I don't think they'd be creepy.

Don't blame him/her, blame all of the unrealistically spooky "realistic" Pokémon pictures on the internet.
http://www.icanbecreative.com/realistic-pokemon-characters-redesign.html Some of these just look funny.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan

Alright, I am willing to admit it you proved everything I said wrong.

But I got something to say to you, people here would probably think of me as crazy, and I'm used to that.

I interact with my Floatzel, Delphox and Raichu a lot. And they talk to me back. I guess I have a powerful imagination.

And it does feel real to me.

Go ahead call me crazy, I don't care.

Yeah. The last time I watched the dub was during late DP and early BW, so I thought that when I saw the XY dub, I was just getting too old to like the series anymore. Most of the time Ash talks like he's from an infants TV show, who's been at his job for too long.

One other thing which bugs me, is how they keep on dimming the screen whenever Pikachu uses an electric move. We're not in 1999 anymore! We shouldn't technically ever need to have the screen be darkened! Pokémon learnt their lesson in what? Episode 37? Stop dimming the screen! If you're that concerned about epilepsy which won't ever happen, just put up a warning like they do in Japan.
He sounds like a woman who has been smoking cigarettes, too: it's just...ick...I mean, this is a 10 year old boy we're talking about here so...the voice doesn't fit the character: I miss Veronica Taylor voicing Ash- been 8 years with Sarah Natochenny now, and I'm still not satisfied with her voicing Ash at all- it's ridiculous. -_-

IKR? I mean, the Electric Soldier Porygon episode hasn't even aired in the States and never will, so what's the point in general of doing that?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
He sounds like a woman who has been smoking cigarettes, too: it's just...ick...I mean, this is a 10 year old boy we're talking about here so...the voice doesn't fit the character: I miss Veronica Taylor voicing Ash- been 8 years with Sarah Natochenny now, and I'm still not satisfied with her voicing Ash at all- it's ridiculous. -_-

IKR? I mean, the Electric Soldier Porygon episode hasn't even aired in the States and never will, so what's the point in general of doing that?

Call me dumb but I don't notice the difference between how Ash sounded back in season 1 and how he sounds now.

Call me dumb but I don't notice the difference between how Ash sounded back in season 1 and how he sounds now.

I can see a big difference, personally, but then the first actress didn't get her voice down until around the 25th episode or so of Kanto (in her first episodes, the voice was deeper): I feel like the previous actress had a very smooth, soft voice that wasn't so...smokey, rough, and...bland in tone. The first actress also seemed to put a lot more energy into his voice: the current one just seems so bored all the time with the role.

blob

It was only relevant for episodes before the Porygon ep, because there were some bright scenes and they were fixed for re-airings. Now though, there's absolutely zero point in it!

I can see a big difference, personally, but then the first actress didn't get her voice down until around the 25th episode or so of Kanto (in her first episodes, the voice was deeper): I feel like the previous actress had a very smooth, soft voice that wasn't so...smokey, rough, and...bland in tone. The first actress also seemed to put a lot more energy into his voice: the current one just seems so bored all the time with the role.

It's also because they release the episodes like two months after the Japanese airing, so if a line is read badly, they don't have much time to fix it.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
It's also because they release the episodes like two months after the Japanese airing, so if a line is read badly, they don't have much time to fix it.

That is also a problem with American animation.

Many episodes of The Simpsons and Family Guy seem rushed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.